DB struggles early - pre season expectations to high?

roundballjunkie

Im very suprised at the team. So far they haven't been very good at any faze of the game. Rebounding, foul shots, defense, blocking out, way to many fouls, their just not doing anything very well at this point. Their nowhere near the team they were at the end of last year. And they should be better, even this early in the season. With 4 returning starters they should be on it right out of the gate. I thought they might be one of the teams to make it to state this year but that looks unlikely now. Just to many problems to fix. Everybody says Morgan is the real deal and maybe he can bring them around. But then again, if he's the real deal why doesn't he have them ready to play now?

WaCo's right. Actually this team is nowhere near what the team was at the beginning of last year. I know they're missing their best player, but the players on this team have played a lot of varsity basketball and they played together all summer. I'm sure they're good kids but I don't think these juniors and seniors have improved their skills since they started playing at D-B. That's probably coaching. Doesn't look like they spend much time in the gym in the summer working on position skill development. Morgan talks about everything starting with defense but he must not know how to teach it. This team sure isn't playing any and don't seem to know how.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic