District 9AA

PGwithnoPT

Last year in the regions, district 9AA swept all four games against district 10AA with Hume Fogg losing to eventual champions Liberty Tech and David Lipscomb losing a close hard fought game to a loaded Bolivar team. How do you all think the district will play out this year though. My predictions are

1.)Lipscomb-Arguably the best startin 5 in the district

2.)Pearl Cohn- Young but very talented group of players led by Rashad and DeAunte Mason

3.)MLK- Lookin bad right now but with Doc and Gerald you can't count them out

4.)Hume Fogg- Team who plays good at times, bad at others. Sleeper out the district.

5.)CPA- Hunter Miller and Zeke should contend and hang close with many teams this year. Good up and coming program

6.)FRA- Showed against MLK last night that they can play with anyone. Consistent play during the season can move them up higher on the list

7.) Ezell Harding- Loss of leading scorers Aaron Duke and Carl Gettis hurts but Brandin Hardin should step up and fill in for these losses

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the first two are right. Lipscomb is loaded and Pearl Cohn is primed to make a run. After that I think everybody will be surprised. CPA should be third. Great guard play, lots of energy and 'Z' can dominate if he wants. FRA will be fourth. The win against MLK was no fluke. They were up 13 after three at MLK and they have one of, if not the, best post player and best shooter in the league (with apologies to Slater). MLK will contend and certainly could finish anywhere from 3-5 depending if anyone wants to help Gerald out. Hume Fogg lost a lot from last year and certainly could improve from this spot but it will be tough. Ezell is real down as witnessed by the last 3 games (granted against tough competition). This district will produce at least one state tourney team. Every game should be a battle. It will be worth watching.

Harpeth is solid. They could definetly get through. Would they match up w/ 9AA at region or section?

The big hurdle in the region will be Giles County. Harpeth would be a sectional match-up. Someone will have to play Liberty in the sectional. Whoever that is should just be happy they made it to a sectional. It will be a long ride back from Jackson.

It looks like Zeke is out through Christmas with a broken wrist. He should come back strong following the holiday. CPA might struggle a bit but he'll be back for districts and he'll probably be hungry.

As far as Hume Fogg, can a 1-4 team really be underrated? They lost to a good, but injured Whitehouse team last night. They are keeping games close and could break through, but that doesn't equal underrated.

Some decent 9AA games this week. Ezell hung tough but lost to Goodpasture last night. Who knows about either of those two teams. Very similar how they both lost their best players just before school. Maybe addition by subtraction though.

CPA at DCA could be good, even w/o 'Z'. Guessing that the DCA boys aren't crying that he won't be playing. I'd have to say DCA is a big surprise this year.

FRA is at Hendersonville Chr. Should be a walk, but tomorrow is a biggey against a who-knows-what Goodpasture team.

The real treat could be Pearl Cohn and Hunters Lane though. Should get a good idea about both of those teams tonight. Might be worth the price of admission.

Hendersonville/Lipscomb should be okay, but Hondoville is a bit down and Lipscomb looks to be playing well.

Any thoughts on any of these games?

This is a very good district, the reason I say Hume-Fogg is underrated is because of their size. We know Lipscomb and Pearl are good and MLK will still be ok but with Hume Fogg's size and Woods they will suprise a few people in the postseason. I'm not sayin they're gonna make it to the sectional again or anything, but I seen them play White House last night, even though White House is full of injuries, I think they are better than people think. What I'm sayin is they have good coaching, and its really their choice, they have the ability with their size to be a pretty good team but they have to choose if they're gonna come around like they did last year, or just lay down.