District 9AA

PGwithnoPT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it is quite a run for Lipscomb right now. A great game yesterday with Whitehoue. As annoying as Ben Stiller is his team is gonna be a factor down the road. However, Lipscomb has proven that the top of 9AA is still the best.

I don't want to speak too soon, but 9AA is outstanding right now. Top to bottom head and shoulders above any other non-AAA district in the mid-state. The top three teams, Lipscomb, FRA, and Pearl Cohn, are a combined 26-3. Throw in a 9-3 CPA, granted against a weak schedule, and a rapidly improving Ezell and Hume-Fogg and this has all the makings of a barnburner in every district game. Scary when MLK is the weak link.

Lipscomb should give BA it's moneys worth today.

Good times to be a HS basketball fan.

Well, it is quite a run for Lipscomb right now. A great game yesterday with Whitehoue. As annoying as Ben Stiller is his team is gonna be a factor down the road. However, Lipscomb has proven that the top of 9AA is still the best.

I don't want to speak too soon, but 9AA is outstanding right now. Top to bottom head and shoulders above any other non-AAA district in the mid-state. The top three teams, Lipscomb, FRA, and Pearl Cohn, are a combined 26-3. Throw in a 9-3 CPA, granted against a weak schedule, and a rapidly improving Ezell and Hume-Fogg and this has all the makings of a barnburner in every district game. Scary when MLK is the weak link.

Lipscomb should give BA it's moneys worth today.

Good times to be a HS basketball fan.

Lipscomb gave BA more than its moneys worth today.. They actually won behind 28 from Josh Slater.. Lipscomb University looks like it will have a bright future with the signees they had in this game,excluding Brian Wight who is injured

This district is a toss-up.

TrentDilfer?'s rankings were:

1. Lipscomb

2. Pearl Cohn

3a. FRA

3b. CPA

5. MLK

6. Hume Fogg

7. Ezell

I see Ezell at the bottom, but I see Hume Fogg above MLK. Gerald Robinson can't do it all himself. I was impressed with how he played but not with the rest of his team. It's only him. Hume Fogg would be above them because they held their own against both Pearl Cohn and Lipscomb, losing both by only 6. I see CPA and FRA as a toss up still. I will have to see them play Jan. 5th to see who should really rank above who... but as of now, I have FRA barely ahead because of their performance against teams they've both played.

Against DCA

FRA 58 DCA 48 | FRA 59 DCA 51 (after a slow start.)

CPA 55 DCA 47

Because of FRA's most recent game against DCA, this is too close to determine.

Against Goodpasture

FRA 54 GP 38 | FRA 67 GP 40

CPA 93 GP 52

FRA held GP to 40 or less points and CPA allowed 52. FRA's defense is stronger (by the numbers) but CPA can score more. Once again, another toss up.

Against MLK

FRA 54 MLK 49

CPA 55 MLK 67

Once again, CPA's defense giving up more points and both teams scoring the same amount against MLK's defense. I'd give this to FRA.

Against Nashville Christian

FRA 66 NCS 59

CPA 81 NCS 68

CPA's defense giving up more points once again. Each team could have put in their bench players to give them some time and they could have given up. Because NCS is not that strong of a team. This is once again a toss-up.

Out of the 4 games, FRA has one advantage (MLK win). In order to really pick who's above who, I'll have to see the game on the 5th.

Pearl Cohn at #2 because I have yet to see them play but I have only heard that they are a very strong and athletic team, but only beat Hume Fogg by 6.

Lipscomb as a consensus #1. They have big wins against strong teams and they can consistently get their points way up there.

My rank is:

1. DL

2. PC

3a. CPA

3b. FRA

5. HF

6. MLK

7. EH

What do you think about my rankings and matchup between CPA and FRA?

Comments and criticisms appreciated. :o

Edited by Commander Salamander

I see Ezell at the bottom, but I see Hume Fogg above MLK. Gerald Robinson can't do it all himself. I was impressed with how he played but not with the rest of his team. It's only him. Hume Fogg would be above them because they held their own against both Pearl Cohn and Lipscomb, losing both by only 6. I see CPA and FRA as a toss up still. I will have to see them play Jan. 5th to see who should really rank above who... but as of now, I have FRA barely ahead because of their performance against teams they've both played.

Against DCA

CPA 55 DCA 47

Against Goodpasture

CPA 93 GP 52

FRA held GP to 40 or less points and CPA allowed 52. FRA's defense is stronger (by the numbers) but CPA can score more. Once again, another toss up.

Against MLK

FRA 54 MLK 49

CPA 55 MLK 67

Once again, CPA's defense giving up more points and both teams scoring the same amount against MLK's defense. I'd give this to FRA.

FRA 66 NCS 59

CPA 81 NCS 68

CPA's defense giving up more points once again. Each team could have put in their bench players to give them some time and they could have given up. Because NCS is not that strong of a team. This is once again a toss-up.

Out of the 4 games, FRA has one advantage (MLK win). In order to really pick who's above who, I'll have to see the game on the 5th.

Pearl Cohn at #2 because I have yet to see them play but I have only heard that they are a very strong and athletic team, but only beat Hume Fogg by 6.

Lipscomb as a consensus #1. They have big wins against strong teams and they can consistently get their points way up there.

My rank is:

1. DL

2. PC

3a. CPA

3b. FRA

5. HF

6. MLK

7. EH

Comments and criticisms appreciated. :o

nice post,

i know i for one am ready for the CPA FRA game

Against DCA

CPA 55 DCA 47

Against Goodpasture

CPA 93 GP 52

Against MLK

FRA 54 MLK 49

CPA 55 MLK 67

FRA 66 NCS 59

CPA 81 NCS 68

My rank is:

1. DL

2. PC

3a. CPA

3b. FRA

5. HF

6. MLK

7. EH

Comments and criticisms appreciated. :thumb:

Against DCA

CPA 55 DCA 47

Against Goodpasture

CPA 93 GP 52

Against MLK

FRA 54 MLK 49

CPA 55 MLK 67

FRA 66 NCS 59

CPA 81 NCS 68

My rank is:

1. DL

2. PC

3a. CPA

3b. FRA

5. HF

6. MLK

7. EH

Comments and criticisms appreciated. :thumb:

Good post.

FRA actually beat NCS by 20 according to the Tennessean (see they are good for something). And some might say CPA only blew out Goodpasture because FRA set the table by beating them by 30 or so points in the second half of the game the night before. FRA's early schedule has been tougher (although both schedules are light compared to Pearl Cohn and Lipscomb). CPA gets big bonus points for beating Manassas and Hunters Lane at the Civitian tourney yesterday and today.

Anyway the January 5th game is huge between these two rivals. Both with new coaches and new systems. Should be the place to be for a great Friday night matchup.

Anyone know the Pearl Cohn/MLK score from tonights game at Civitian?

Good post.

FRA actually beat NCS by 20 according to the Tennessean (see they are good for something). And some might say CPA only blew out Goodpasture because FRA set the table by beating them by 30 or so points in the second half of the game the night before. FRA's early schedule has been tougher (although both schedules are light compared to Pearl Cohn and Lipscomb). CPA gets big bonus points for beating Manassas and Hunters Lane at the Civitian tourney yesterday and today.

Anyway the January 5th game is huge between these two rivals. Both with new coaches and new systems. Should be the place to be for a great Friday night matchup.

Anyone know the Pearl Cohn/MLK score from tonights game at Civitian?

Wow, thanks... It does say FRA 66 NCS 46. That doesn't really change any of the matchup for me.

Pearl-Cohn 65, M.L. King 51 from last nights game.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give my rankings for before serious district play starts next month.

1. Lipscomb

2. Pearl Cohn

3a. FRA

3b. CPA

Can't really decide between them right now. Gonna have to wait till they play each other January 5th at CPA.

5. MLK

6. Hume Fogg

7. Ezell

Lets see. CPA beat FRA by a whole bunch. Also they beat Pearl Cohn by three. It would have been by more but we missed a bunch of free throws. Oh yah and CPA will beat Lipscomb Friday by at least 6. That would put CPA in first!!!!! :thumb: Go lions