Bledsoe Co.

Scalded Dogg

you seem to be in the no, i am just someone who doesn't really know much about what is going on and even though I am a alumni I don't care who gets the job or has the job, it just seems that there is too much politics in pikeville to have what the kids here deserve, the best.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you seem to be in the no, i am just someone who doesn't really know much about what is going on and even though I am a alumni I don't care who gets the job or has the job, it just seems that there is too much politics in pikeville to have what the kids here deserve, the best.

I'm not really in the know, but do have connections.....I, personally, think they made a mistake by not looking for a coach....I've got a few good friends that play on the team, and I'm sure they'll give all they got for Hubert...Wouldn't expect anything less....

oh, i'm sorry i thought that you were a parent, not a student. however, if the students call Coach Robertson by his first name there are already problems with discipline. all i want is for bledsoe county to be what is should be and not what the preception is, that we are a bunch of uneducated rednecks who just do whatever we want with no regards for laws

oh, i'm sorry i thought that you were a parent, not a student. however, if the students call Coach Robertson by his first name there are already problems with discipline. all i want is for bledsoe county to be what is should be and not what the preception is, that we are a bunch of uneducated rednecks who just do whatever we want with no regards for laws

I'm not a student at BCHS, I graduated in '04.....But do keep up with BCHS sports very regularly.....If Hubert does indeed stay as the coach, then I hope everyone supports him in the community and doesn't hit him when he's down and struggling.... I just don't understand Bledsoe County sometimes....They had a few other candidates that were going to apply and those didn't even have a snowball's chance in you know where....

Well the politics of Bledsoe county prevail again! I blame the school board for not standing up to ronnie colvards puppet (in place), AND PUTTING A STOP TO THIS!

If roberson is the best canadate then its a good hire! But the process that was went through i dont like a at all as a taxpayer and registered voter and financial supporter of this program. I am mad as heck! THAT they didnt go out and SEARCH for what is best for the kids instead of surrendering to the small town politics. I dont like this at all ( THE WAY IT WENT IN THE HIRING PROCESS) that no one else was even given a chance, the same way it went in appointing a school superintendent that is just wrong and i am so mad i cant see straight!

Like i said before if roberson is the best man for the job then good hire but small town politics DONT WIN BALLGAMES! Also the fact that the decision was made before boynton even made it offiicial that he resigned really makes me mad! He (boynton) knew that roberson was being backdoored before anyone did! (But he's a good man) OH but that is the way he got the job now wasn't it?

Well the politics of Bledsoe county prevail again! I blame the school board for not standing up to ronnie colvards puppet (in place), AND PUTTING A STOP TO THIS!

If roberson is the best canadate then its a good hire! But the process that was went through i dont like a at all as a taxpayer and registered voter and financial supporter of this program. I am mad as heck! THAT they didnt go out and SEARCH for what is best for the kids instead of surrendering to the small town politics. I dont like this at all ( THE WAY IT WENT IN THE HIRING PROCESS) that no one else was even given a chance, the same way it went in appointing a school superintendent that is just wrong and i am so mad i cant see straight!

Like i said before if roberson is the best man for the job then good hire but small town politics DONT WIN BALLGAMES! Also the fact that the decision was made before boynton even made it offiicial that he resigned really makes me mad! He (boynton) knew that roberson was being backdoored before anyone did! (But he's a good man) OH but that is the way he got the job now wasn't it?

So, what is happening there Dogg?

Just heard the news. WOW!

Things sure move fast in the sleepy little town.

Have you talked to anyone about this?

Polecat

You didn't read very good. I stated that board members didn't sound very happy and that the superintendant told them one thing and then did another. I too am sad that they didn't at least try to find a good coach (Robertson may have been the answer) but I think the kids in this area deserve better than they are getting. Maybe someday Pikeville will catch up with the real world but until then I am watching from the bleachers to see what happens next. Next year's team should be really talented. With the QB and return of Watson plus all the other fast people I think they can make a run at the region. What do you think? Is this decision final. I heard if the superintendant were to resign they would open the job back up

I have no idea who you are, but you write one heck of a good post. Thanks.

I agree with the talent for next year returning.

Really enjoyed watching them play this year.

Curious about your opinion on of previous JV play?

Polecat

So, what is happening there Dogg?

Just heard the news. WOW!

Things sure move fast in the sleepy little town.

Have you talked to anyone about this?

Polecat

There has been alot of talk about this and folks are surely upset because a (FAST ONE) was pulled.

A lot of changes need to be made in the adminastration in the school system starting with the school board members being voted out!

There has been alot of talk about this and folks are surely upset because a (FAST ONE) was pulled.

A lot of changes need to be made in the adminastration in the school system starting with the school board members being voted out!

scalded dogg: first of all do you vote? if not don't complain. if you do, then why don't you run for school board? sounds like you already had the job filled in your own mind and your person didn't get it. your no different than the rest so if you want to do something worth while why don't you hush and get ready to run your campaign for school board. this thread is about football not interviews and small town politics. learn to live there or better yet move.

scalded dogg: first of all do you vote? if not don't complain. if you do, then why don't you run for school board? sounds like you already had the job filled in your own mind and your person didn't get it. your no different than the rest so if you want to do something worth while why don't you hush and get ready to run your campaign for school board. this thread is about football not interviews and small town politics. learn to live there or better yet move.

Got to love someone that has no clue about the situation.....

I'm not sure but someone made a whale of a statement when they mentioned Mr Boynton knowing what was going on, well let's add another name to that; Mr Nipper. Mr Boynton is a GOOD MAN, but you are right that is the same way that things were done when he was hired. At that time there were qualified candidates and hey, Hubert was there then. As far as the puppet boy you really know bledsoe don't you. The tragedy is not who they hired but how they hired. Small town politics with a dose of big time politics thrown in. It seems that if the board doesn't want this type of thing to continue then they need to step up and do the right thing: Replace the current superintendant. From there maybe pikeville can move forward. Stop hiding behind things and bring things out in the open. They did this with the superintendant position and now head football coach. Also, for the record I vote and pay taxes. I don't wish any harm to Mr Roberson but for the rest can't say much.

It seems that there isn't much interest with this hiring. The state of bledsoe athletics is sad to say the least and will not get much better until some people get interested. I am sure that some of the people who were on here all season have thoughts about what is going on around here. Please let's get together and start working to improve Pikeville not watch it die around us. I have been here all my life and love it because it is home but also have watched as other areas improved and their students did great things while ours don't even get the best that they deserve