Jackson Christian

reaction

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks wholder...you guys have been great to support us...honestly several of the teams we played could easily have been there yesterday...MP had a great team and a great run...best of luck next year

Thanks JaxMan...... Mt Pleasant can say one thing, there only loss in '06 to a Class A team was the "State Champs". Enjoy this all you can and the best of luck in Class AA next year. How many starting Seniors do you guys lose?

Thanks JaxMan...... Mt Pleasant can say one thing, there only loss in '06 to a Class A team was the "State Champs". Enjoy this all you can and the best of luck in Class AA next year. How many starting Seniors do you guys lose?

We lose 4 starters on offense...at QB, WR, and 2 on line...

We lose 6 on defense...at saftey, 2 at corner, 2 linebackers and 1 on line...

2A will be a challenge for sure...

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826285059' date='Dec 2 2006 - 11:13 AM']

You`ll have a good QB coming back. It wasn`t as dire as the tv commentators made it seem when Fowler went out. Hudson has experience as a high school qb and has been well mentored by his dad.

Matt is going to step in and do fine...he is a great kid and a great player...I was at the game, so I didn't hear the commentators, but someone else told me they made a big deal of it...I was glad he could make a big play for us...

Edited by JaxMan

The day had it's moments...one of our fan buses filled with students broke down on the interstate...somehow they were able to find someone in Jackson not already on the way to the game to go to school and get another bus...they made it just at kickoff...

Edited by JaxMan

One Fans opinion...We did not play Jordan this year...

Bracey at UC...the first round of playoffs...he had rushed for 454 yds and 6 TDs the week before they played us...we got out to an early lead...I think we may have had 21 points in 1st qtr...it took them out of their game...they had to throw more than they would probably have liked to and he was not able to be a factor as a result...

Springer at LC...wow he was fast...I mean real fast...honestly we just outscored them...it went to the wire...we won with 20 secs left on clock...

Dailey...the real deal...I think he had an off night against us...he looked very atheletic but I think it may not have been his best game of the yr by far...we loaded the box as we thought MP would rather run than throw...if we got beat our thought was make them do it by the thing that is not their greatest strength...

Rickaway from FCS...I was actually surprised they didn't run him more...we were affective at containing him early...but with it still tied at half and close late I would have expected him to get the ball more...maybe they saw something in our secondary on film they thought they could take advantage of...

Our strength on defense was speed all year...we were smaller than anyone else we played...we had to have the guys swarm the ball and cut off the outside...our guys in the middle stepped up once we did...

Jaxman..Congrats to your team for winning the state....I was curious about the backs he just mentioned...Jordan from Bruceton was very good..Dailey is good..But..I believe Springer had the most yardage against J.C. S than any of them..I believe he had over 150 yards rushing and had runs called back on holding penalties..One of them being a 54 yard run..He could have had over 200 yards...All these backs are great running backs...but it was kind of irionic that Springer was named M.V.P. of our region by all the coaches ..that actually saw him play....but wasn't a Mr.Football nominee..that I guess is picked by newspapers across the state that doesn't even know who Springer is...

The day had it's moments...one of our fan buses filled with students broke down on the interstate...somehow they were able to find someone in Jackson not already on the way to the game to go to school and get another bus...they made it just at kickoff...

At least they had a happy ending!Glad they got to see the game..Congrats again..Ya'll had an excellent team!

I feel truely fortunate to have had all of the games come out as they did...I know each night is different and any game replayed could have had different results...but from my personal opinion...the back I would most hate to face again would be Springer...he was not the biggest, but at least in the games we played he was the most dangerous...that young man had a serious set of wheels...and by far had the most success of the ones mentioned against us...

Edited by JaxMan

I posted something on the other thread last night but I wanted to again congratulate JCS on a great game and an outstanding year. We have some hurting seniors this morning in Possumtown yet they are proud of what they accomplished.

We were beaten by a class act program. I have spoken with several people this morning who all said the exact same thing.

To answer your question Jaxman, no we feel we didnt play our best but you guys caused a lot of that. Disruption in many ways. Jon Miller didnt have his best game for us but he is a big reason we got to where we were and he didnt loose this game by himself.

There were 2 games this year I feel we werent at our best. This one and the Monterey game (Homecoming).

No sour grapes from Possumtown, no whinning about bad calls or shoulda coulda woulda. Only congratulations to a great group of people.

I posted something on the other thread last night but I wanted to again congratulate JCS on a great game and an outstanding year. We have some hurting seniors this morning in Possumtown yet they are proud of what they accomplished.

We were beaten by a class act program. I have spoken with several people this morning who all said the exact same thing.

To answer your question Jaxman, no we feel we didnt play our best but you guys caused a lot of that. Disruption in many ways. Jon Miller didnt have his best game for us but he is a big reason we got to where we were and he didnt loose this game by himself.

There were 2 games this year I feel we werent at our best. This one and the Monterey game (Homecoming).

No sour grapes from Possumtown, no whinning about bad calls or shoulda coulda woulda. Only congratulations to a great group of people.

Thanks...I feel for your seniors...about 3 years ago my oldest son lost in Qtr finals to Fayette Academy and I can still remember how badly he hurt...your guys were great...regardless of the outcome...to have given up alot of points and fight back to be in a position of being able to win speaks volumes about their talent, but more their heart...Miller is a great player...he did not lose the game...he took some hard licks and bounced back...he left it all on the field...I hope and know the FC family will encourage him...as with all games every play can change the outcome, so truely anyone could feel he cost the game...it never comes down to one play or player...I think overall it was a fairly well called game...I will say the Pass Inf call on your 3 could have gone either way...I actually thought it was a clean hit (even if my son was the receiver on that play)...others thought the defender a little early...we were lucky to get that call...there was also a fourth down we went for and I felt got a very generous spot...I know your fans saw the same things and I really respect the way you guys have said congrats and not questioned calls...on another thread someone you had beaten was questioning calls and said wait till you lose and see how you act...well FC answered that loud and clear...and with alot of class... you guys were good sports in spite of a hard loss...your players, fans and school are a class act...

Edited by JaxMan

Classy post, possumtowner. We at JCS have a lot of respect for the way your team and the Friendship Christian School family handled themselves last night and in the days leading up to this game. Rub your kids on the head and brag on them for this old man - They have a lot to be proud of, including the game they played last night.

And don't discard the "accent" forever. Ah'm kinda partial to it, muhse'f <_<