Bartlett vs. Brentwood Academy

coachgat

As it was told, yet another dominating performance by Jasmine James. As I said in an earlier post, she is the real deal. She hit 33 points in their 61 to 51 win yesterday. If you compare what Shelbyville did against Brentwood, you would have to argue that Shelbyville and Bartlett seems evenly matched. I can't wait to see them go head to head. Brentwood Academy has a good program and they are admired for their impressive seasons. Keep giving us good basketball to watch and talk about! Way to represent district 14 AAA Bartlett!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartlett did play one heck of a game both offensively and defensively against a very talented team. I agree that Jasmine and Nikki did an awesome job, but so did Ashley Herring and Briana Walker. What Ashley did is not reflected in the box score, but to those that were actually at the game, she was amazing. Her defensive assignment entailed guarding Victoria Dunlap, who is a very talented player, and Ashley gave 150% and made her work for everything she got. :thumb: Briana also shared the responsibility of helping to guard the big players that were much taller than she was, but she made up for it with her intensity and her strong desire to win and she crashed the boards like a madwoman. Everyone on the team, including Coach Whitfield and Coach Patterson, gave a great TEAM EFFORT and came away with a much deserved victory.

Bartlett did play one heck of a game both offensively and defensively against a very talented team. I agree that Jasmine and Nikki did an awesome job, but so did Ashley Herring and Briana Walker. What Ashley did is not reflected in the box score, but to those that were actually at the game, she was amazing. Her defensive assignment entailed guarding Victoria Dunlap, who is a very talented player, and Ashley gave 150% and made her work for everything she got. :unsure: Briana also shared the responsibility of helping to guard the big players that were much taller than she was, but she made up for it with her intensity and her strong desire to win and she crashed the boards like a madwoman. Everyone on the team, including Coach Whitfield and Coach Patterson, gave a great TEAM EFFORT and came away with a much deserved victory.

I'm not slighting the others, I was just mentioning or putting a spotlight on a young lady that I mentioned would be super when the season got started back in August. Everyone should know about Nikki and Ashley, they are amazing athletes and from my dealings with them from games, they seem to be well mannered young ladies. Two thumbs up to the parents on that! Briana is making a name for herself. It's got to be easy when you got it in your blood. Her brother is a beast in the post for Christian Brothers. I saw him play against our boys and he is so poised and STRONG AS A BULL! Their mom use to coach at Millington a few years ago and had some impressive 20 plus win seasons when she was there. Coach Whitfield and coach Patterson are holding it together well. With the loss of two key players in Beckwith and Pellegra. They don't seem to have missed a beat. That's good coaching and great team work.

As it was told, yet another dominating performance by Jasmine James. As I said in an earlier post, she is the real deal. She hit 33 points in their 61 to 51 win yesterday. If you compare what Shelbyville did against Brentwood, you would have to argue that Shelbyville and Bartlett seems evenly matched. I can't wait to see them go head to head. Brentwood Academy has a good program and they are admired for their impressive seasons. Keep giving us good basketball to watch and talk about! Way to represent district 14 AAA Bartlett!

Coach I attended the game and was also impressed. The game was not decided until the final 2:30, and Bartlett sealed the win. I agree that Jasmine is very talented, but Asley H. did an excellent job on the big girl from BA.

I have watched Ashley since the 9th grade, and she has played every position on the floor. She ran the point her 10th grade year before Jasmine arrived to Bartlett.

She has also sacrificed her scoring because with Jasmine running the show she takes very few shots. Nikki T. did an excellent job shooting the 3. If Bartlett stays healthy they should be in the mix come March.

Congrats also to the Lausanne Lady Lynx, who defeated Brentwood Academy by 8 points on Saturday after leading most of the second half by double digits. It was a true team effort with great team defense, and the return of Lauren Avant, although not at 100%. Congratulations to the players and coaches for a great effort.

Congrats also to the Lausanne Lady Lynx, who defeated Brentwood Academy by 8 points on Saturday after leading most of the second half by double digits. It was a true team effort with great team defense, and the return of Lauren Avant, although not at 100%. Congratulations to the players and coaches for a great effort.

Thanks for the update. I kept looking for the results but didn't hear anything. Glad Lauren is back but take it slow... it's a long season and I really do want to see her at 100% again. Have you all started with your division games yet?

Thanks for the update. I kept looking for the results but didn't hear anything. Glad Lauren is back but take it slow... it's a long season and I really do want to see her at 100% again. Have you all started with your division games yet?

Yes we started play this past week. We will play all of the schools in the small division home and home and many of the large division schools. BTW, i'm not who you think i am. I think you may think i am related to Lauren but I am not. Keep up the good work at Millington. I am looking forward to your game with Briarcrest in a couple of weeks. Should be a good one

Yes we started play this past week. We will play all of the schools in the small division home and home and many of the large division schools. BTW, i'm not who you think i am. I think you may think i am related to Lauren but I am not. Keep up the good work at Millington. I am looking forward to your game with Briarcrest in a couple of weeks. Should be a good one

Oh no, I was merely saying in general about her health, not knowing who you are just knowing that you had some kind of affiliation with the team. Thanks for the compliments about my team. I'm looking forward to playing Briarcrest too. They have a very well coached and talented team. We need to play that kind of competition to get ready for league play.

Coach I attended the game and was also impressed. The game was not decided until the final 2:30, and Bartlett sealed the win. I agree that Jasmine is very talented, but Asley H. did an excellent job on the big girl from BA.

I have watched Ashley since the 9th grade, and she has played every position on the floor. She ran the point her 10th grade year before Jasmine arrived to Bartlett.

She has also sacrificed her scoring because with Jasmine running the show she takes very few shots. Nikki T. did an excellent job shooting the 3. If Bartlett stays healthy they should be in the mix come March.

I heard from someone that went to the game that the Herring kid didn't take a shot in the game but had some nice assists on drives and dish. Brianna Walker has matured in her position and will have a huge impact on the success of Bartlett. While last year Bartlett had "the big three", this year they have "the big four". It will be interesting to see what develops during district play. 14-AAA has two bona fide competitors in Bartlett and Millington. Haven't seen or heard much about Cordova or Bolton yet. :thumb:

I heard from someone that went to the game that the Herring kid didn't take a shot in the game but had some nice assists on drives and dish. Brianna Walker has matured in her position and will have a huge impact on the success of Bartlett. While last year Bartlett had "the big three", this year they have "the big four". It will be interesting to see what develops during district play. 14-AAA has two bona fide competitors in Bartlett and Millington. Haven't seen or heard much about Cordova or Bolton yet. :thumb:

Ashley got in foul trouble in the first half and had come out of the game. Brianna's

points came on rebounds or layups. Ashley did not look to score, and ran the point near the end of the game. I don't know much about Cordova, but Bolton is extremely young. The last game their coach started two freshman, a sophomore, a junior, and a senior. More than half the team are freshmen that played for Shadowlawn last year.

Then that should let you know how good this team can really be. With Ash in foul trouble the first half they were still able to beat a pretty good team. Ashley doesn't have to score for this team to be good because she does so many other things well. If Ash wasn't in foul trouble then it could have been worse for BA. You also have to remember that late in the 4th quarter JJ went down with a knee injury and was out for a little bit. So twice in the game they played without two of their best players and still won. If these girls can stick togethor and keep working hard the sky is the limit for them.