Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Great post! Very informative! I guess things are great in Marshall County...Just the way you want them. There are a lot of quality coaches across the state of Tennessee that are scared of the Marshall job simply because of the politics. Too many parents, administrators, former coaches, etc... that have all of the answers. The answer is to get a good young, quality staff that can coach, make adjustments, discipline, and recruit the hallways of Marshall County. You have a lot of History with your program, both positive and negative. Its time to get back to the positive. I would love to hear your dialouge disputing what I have recently said. The facts are there. The results on the field are proof. The changing of the coaching staffs is proof. The entire county looks bad. There is a tremendous amount of potential in Marshall County waiting to be tapped into. The egos must be put aside and the program, school, and players must take the lead. I love the game of football, especially high school football. I hope that things get straightened out there. Thanks again for the informative reply!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post! Very informative! I guess things are great in Marshall County...Just the way you want them. There are a lot of quality coaches across the state of Tennessee that are scared of the Marshall job simply because of the politics. Too many parents, administrators, former coaches, etc... that have all of the answers. The answer is to get a good young, quality staff that can coach, make adjustments, discipline, and recruit the hallways of Marshall County. You have a lot of History with your program, both positive and negative. Its time to get back to the positive. I would love to hear your dialouge disputing what I have recently said. The facts are there. The results on the field are proof. The changing of the coaching staffs is proof. The entire county looks bad. There is a tremendous amount of potential in Marshall County waiting to be tapped into. The egos must be put aside and the program, school, and players must take the lead. I love the game of football, especially high school football. I hope that things get straightened out there. Thanks again for the informative reply!

Jasper, that great staff you referred to, blew up internally.

It was great when it first started, but by the end there was a lot of

friction between certain staff members.

If you knew Marshall County football you would have known that.

Need to get the egos out of Marshall County and let a staff come in to take advantage of the skill that you all have there. Get some true support from the administration and quit worrying about who gets the credit. Do you people of "power" in Marshall County realize that you are viewed as a joke by the majority of Tennessee now? That was not the case a few years back. You have the talent level to compete every year. Quit cheating the kids and leave a staff in place long enough to get something done. You had a great staff a couple of years back and you blew it. Do some research this time and bring a quality staff back in to get a tough, but certainly attainable, job done.

Jasper, you hit the nail on the head. But they won't and can't hear you, you struck a nerve.

Excellent Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D

I would really think that you people in MC would be more up to date or professional about the situation. your possible next FB coaches phone has rung again two years after it rang the last time. They should have landed him the first time, now here they come again, I personally hope that he stays with this program, because he has been the shot in the arm we needed. But none of you have a clue and I hope it stays that way and we get to keep him again. Best of luck to TIGERLAND, it is a great town for athletics.

Not sure WS or RC either want to sail on the somewhat choppy water of Lewisburg. Cant afford one, other has an easy region and cant really improve himself with the move.

But...............give the all knowlegeable one a few days,,,,,,,,,and I will tell you who will!!

Edited by mediamogul

I am from l'burg- born and bred. :lol::) I would like to know how does everyone know what is going on except for the players. the most important part of the program. As most of you know the team can make it or break it. if one player was off this season the whole team was off. one team- one heartbeat. the coach never plays on the field. he stands on the sideline right behind the refs and in front of the many proud parents ( that is about all that comes to the games anymore). I know that they are not mature enough to know what is best for them. but I do think they should at least be the FIRST to know who the coach will be. in a year or two they will be gone- but most have little brothers, cousins, and someday their own children, so yes I do think they should have a say. :)

I am from l'burg- born and bred. :lol::) I would like to know how does everyone know what is going on except for the players. the most important part of the program. As most of you know the team can make it or break it. if one player was off this season the whole team was off. one team- one heartbeat. the coach never plays on the field. he stands on the sideline right behind the refs and in front of the many proud parents ( that is about all that comes to the games anymore). I know that they are not mature enough to know what is best for them. but I do think they should at least be the FIRST to know who the coach will be. in a year or two they will be gone- but most have little brothers, cousins, and someday their own children, so yes I do think they should have a say. :)

How do you propose that they "have a say?" Allow them to vote on their new coach with info based on what comes from coacht or their parents? Come on....let's be realistic. This program needs a coach who wil require DISCIPLINE on and off the field. Nuff said.

Like I said on another thread......the sky is the limit for this program if the right man is found!

I believe Marshall Co. needs to have a coach named before Christmas Holiday Break. Those guys are in a bigger state of confusion than ever and now they are being labeled as "underachievers" after being picked back in the preseason to finish #2 in Region 5-3A (a 3-7 season has made that prophecy look ignorant). The guys need to know what kind of leader they are going to be playing and preparing under before they actually return from Christmas Break. If this job search drags out for two months there is going to be some serious rebuilding to do in Lewisburg.

Right now the good news is that a new coach does have some talented players to work with next year. Justin Morris should be the Tigers starting quarterback next year. A player like Cavalla O'Neal would put a smile on any incoming coaches' face as he is a great weapon to have on a football team. The starting backfield of Justin Braden and Don'ta Hightower looks great heading into the 2007 campaign. All in all this has the look of a very good football team that could easily get back to the playoffs in not too much time at all BUT it's also a team that right now lacks confidence and they need someone to come in and "Restore the Roar" so to say in a hurry.

Hey mediamogul "the all knowledgeable one" is now here :):lol: I'd guess that Walt Smith would stay in Mt. Pleasant. He does play in a very weak region as you have implied & he does return a back to his team next year by the name of Marco Dailey. RC won't come for the same reason that I don't believe TT would ever return. He is in a great situation right now BUT WOULD BE WILLING TO MAKE A MOVE however the Lewisburg faithful better realize that it would take a whole lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Two of the prime candidates for this job are leading teams into the second round of the playoffs this week against two of the best teams in all of Class 2A. The other three prime candidates are coaching in games that are being labeled as "rematches" this upcoming Friday Night. One is a rematch from week zero. Another is a rematch from week two. The last is a rematch from week six. ONE OF THOSE FIVE WILL EVENTUALLY BE NAMED THE NEXT HEAD FOOTBALL COACH AT MARSHALL COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!