Smyrna Bulldog Players Need to learn Sportsmanship

Mid10se

1st off, we are ready for basketball season. 2nd we've been chanting "Kill,Kill,Kill" for the past few years. 3rd the exact same thing? Since I was right infront of the game last year...I do not remember our football team racing to Oak Ridge's side and tuanting them...funny, exact same thing?

i also dont remember oak ridge beating

you as bad as we did

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:) I was SO embarrassed for the Smyrna Bulldogs last night. The first thing they thought to do when they gained their State Championship Title was to run across the field to the losing team, point to the scoreboard, and rub the Ravenwood Raptors' noses in it. The sad part is that the coaches didn't seem to mind! What a disgrace to Rutherford County! I watched the Raptors win their first state title last year, and, in their glory, they didn't dream of stooping to taunt Oak Ridge. If Smyrna wants to start representing Rutherford County, someone PLEASE teach them not to act like rednecks. I don't recall Riverdale ever showing such a lack of class.

I was at the game and yes that did happen!!! I can even confirm with my own eyes that there was one player that made an obscene gesture to our fans and students along with all the other taunting from about half of their team right on our sideline. In defense of the Smyrna coaching staff once they realized what their players were doing they ran over in disbelief to try and stop it. Now I will give props when props are due and yes Smyrna put a whipping on us in the second half. But please explain to me why those kids had to embarrass their parents and coaches like that because that is who really should be mad. I don’t understand why the Smyrna players came running over to our sideline instead of going over to their fans and soaking up their win. Let's face it their 17 yr. old kids they don't know squat about squat. But if I had knowledge of my son doing something like that I can promise you one thing he and I would probably have to take a trip out behind the wood shed after he made it back home last night. I would probably even make him be man enough to get on this thread and publicly apologize. I will congratulate Smyrna on there victory but I think unfortunately the coaching staff should make a public apology in the Tennessean and on this thread for what their players did last night even though they had absolutely no control over it. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that agrees or disagrees with my comments.

The Bulldogs are the State Champions for this year. No one is disputing that fact. When you are State Champions you should act like it. You did'nt last night. Your players running to our fan section and pointing at their butts and yelling kiss my --- is ridiculous! Handing out your state hats on our side of the field unbelievable. I don't begruge your win just the manner in which some of your team acted. You can win a State Championship for sure but you either have class or you don't. The Ravenwood Team has CLASS. I also thought some of the calls were questionable. But truth be told Smryna outplayed us last night. However; I still believe Ravenwood has the best athletes on any football team. Hold your heads up Ravenwood you have nothing to be ashamed of! Great year for Laidlaw, Ayers, Presley, Ford, Barnes, Thompson, Witherspoon, Snoyobos, Heaberlin, Emkes, and the rest of the team!!!!!!!!!

:) I was SO embarrassed for the Smyrna Bulldogs last night. The first thing they thought to do when they gained their State Championship Title was to run across the field to the losing team, point to the scoreboard, and rub the Ravenwood Raptors' noses in it. The sad part is that the coaches didn't seem to mind! What a disgrace to Rutherford County! I watched the Raptors win their first state title last year, and, in their glory, they didn't dream of stooping to taunt Oak Ridge. If Smyrna wants to start representing Rutherford County, someone PLEASE teach them not to act like rednecks. I don't recall Riverdale ever showing such a lack of class.

This my friend is called sour grapes. There was so much emotion coming into this game that whoever won would be taunting the other fans. Quit crying Smyrna showed up in the second half Ravenwood didnt!

Congrats Smyrna!

Im tired of hearing about this can anyone ever just congratulate Smyrna and just leave it be.. I mean if you wanna get real that was great sportsmanship ya'll showed after ya'll beat us the first time towards crouch and then on hear bashing him after he was a man about the situation and apoligized which took heart to do.. So look at it both ways and understand why we did what we did... Good Job Smyrna we did it "where my ring at" State Champs 06"

I was at the game and yes that did happen!!! I can even confirm with my own eyes that there was one player that made an obscene gesture to our fans and students along with all the other taunting from about half of their team right on our sideline. In defense of the Smyrna coaching staff once they realized what their players were doing they ran over in disbelief to try and stop it. Now I will give props when props are due and yes Smyrna put a whipping on us in the second half. But please explain to me why those kids had to embarrass their parents and coaches like that because that is who really should be mad. I don’t understand why the Smyrna players came running over to our sideline instead of going over to their fans and soaking up their win. Let's face it their 17 yr. old kids they don't know squat about squat. But if I had knowledge of my son doing something like that I can promise you one thing he and I would probably have to take a trip out behind the wood shed after he made it back home last night. I would probably even make him be man enough to get on this thread and publicly apologize. I will congratulate Smyrna on there victory but I think unfortunately the coaching staff should make a public apology in the Tennessean and on this thread for what their players did last night even though they had absolutely no control over it. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that agrees or disagrees with my comments.

Was your son chanting "Kill, Kill, Kill,"? When I take things into perspective, I'd rather have my son flip a bird to someone than threaten to kill someone. I don't think giving someone the bird is threatning. No one is going to apologize.