Cloudland Football

THE KING

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you are speaking for yourself. :) And molesniper, they make color films now. :)
Yes they do ,but the oldies are the goodys, and old molesniper seems to be typing thought jaring truth. Keep posting mole everyone seems to love the way you put your theatrical twist on things.(well maby not King/Storm55)

I'll answer the football question, Turbyfill( a.k.a.Benedict Arnold) will get back to the boro, only if they scrimmage Riverdale!!!!!!!!

You probably wont see Cloudland @ the boro this year or next maybe not within 5 years but Ill bet ya we will be back . I dont understand what your saying about the Riverdale scrimmage . If it took us getting to the boro just to scrimmage them Ill guarentee ya those boys wouldnt back down . They wouldnt back down anyway . Nothing against Riverdale I respect those guys and the coaches that is an awesome program. Just saying we will be back and hopefully with a different outcome . Ill admit we a whooping in the game against Ezil . So would any Single A team that year. That team could have played in the 2a or 3a championship game. Were not going to come close to dominating this year like in the past, but we will improve. Thats a positive.

Its amazing that only 5 years ago my life was a wreck. I don't like to talk about it, but I overdosed and was in the hospital. I had to wear a heart monitor and was embarrassed to show up at the community pep rally before we played Ezell-Harding. I thank the good Lord that he gave me another chance and he brought my fiance into my life. I'm now on cloud nine and I love life. With that being said, I am willing to do anything to keep every kid in our community off of drugs. It almost destroyed me and the sad thing is I was old enough to know better. From this point on, I want to be dedicated to helping every young person I can. Our football team needs leadership. We have to preach confidence and mental toughness. It takes a strong mind to do things right every play. Whether its making a catch, throwing a block, or making an audible and everyone being on the same page. This is going to take a total team and community effort to bring this program back to the top. I don't know about you but I think we can GITTTTTERRRRRR' DONNNNNNNNNNNNEE!!

King, that is a great testomony!!! Sounds like you have a story that you want to tell. Maybe you should go to schools and talk with students about your battle.

I agree pujo although its a great offense but I dont think cloudland has enough talent at critical positions nor speed as far as that goes to run a spread offense.I would love to see it work but I just dont see it happening.If you ask me thats not cloudland football ,you got to be able to run as well as pass maybe if they try mixing it up a little more it would be more successful.I think robbie should concentrate more on passing defense and our kicking game thats what has been our downfall all these years it killed us against ezell,boyd buchanon and also against cak.I think we could have had three state championships if not for our inability to defend the pass.im sure someone will disagree but thats my opinion. quote name='pujo' date='Dec 5 2006 - 12:46 PM' post='826289849']

I like what I'm hearing about the kids and coaches working. Thats a step in the right direction.As far as the spread um out and throw it kind of stuff, it really sounds great ,but alot of people don't understand, what do they think Jellico and Grace runs.Some teams are suited for this and some are not,you just have to go with the type offense that best suits the players you have.Harriman had the same style and their inability to run the football costs them two years straight against Hampton.When you get in the red zone,you better have some type of running game.Another thing ,the youth club team I helped with would be perfect for this style of offense, but we don't even try it, Why would we if we are beating everyone 30 to 0 every week. I really doubt any of our youth club teams will be running this kind of stuff, we could probably get good at it because we have alot of good skill people. But our team is the kind of team ,you could run about anything with. Very few 1a schools have the tpye of atheletes it takes to be sucessful with that offence.I hope it works because I wouldn't mind seeing our little team in this style in a few years. My guess is ,it may not look so great at the first and people will be screaming, I hope the coach has thick skin.If people will stand back long enough ,he might just make it work. The one thing I like is, I think he's going to go at it extremely hard. Patience is the word of the day. I guess time will tell.

I hope the Robbie is working hard, and has faith in his offense, because I know for a fact that two of his coaches do not. I heard two of them talking at dairyland, just eating a few seats over and they do not seem too impressed right now. One of them was someone who seemed to have a good idea of the offense and what they were not going to be able to do out of it. Now if that is a staff divided already, I'd hate to see the mess up on the mountain if things do not work out. Are the assistants already putting in applications for robbie's replacement. Out of curiousity, who would be the next in line for that job. Could Turbyfill be filling the gap for the return of Lunsford once his son graduates. Are his assistants setting him up for failure to ensure the return of the 'Prodical Son'. DONT PUT IT PAST THEM.

Turbyfill might be a gap filler between Keith and Lunceford. However the reason he is trying so hard on offense is he dont trust Julian with the defense. Robbie knows failure is eminent but at least he has Julians defense to use as a scapegoat, when the highlander faithful come calling for his resignation and Lunceford's return.

Turbyfill might be a gap filler between Keith and Lunceford. However the reason he is trying so hard on offense is he dont trust Julian with the defense. Robbie knows failure is eminent but at least he has Julians defense to use as a scapegoat, when the highlander faithful come calling for his resignation and Lunceford's return.

Thats an insight I have not heard, however, I have heard that they do not see eye to eye on things. Maybe Julian knows that his defense is going to have to be that much better with the offense that they are running. Who has already started a poll with how far into the season it takes them to abandon the spread offense? if the spot is not already filled, I'm taking one game.