Cloudland Football

THE KING

Thats a good question, bulldawg. Whoever the QB is will have the perfect teacher. Robbie was nominated to Mr. Football in 1996 as Cloudland's quarterback. He's probably the best throwing QB we have ever had and he knows the position as well as DB very well. Ever since he's been on the staff, our pass defense has improved. On one note, I believe Jordan Hughes could get the nod, but in my opinion he is more of a receiving threat. We have a capable sophomore coming up who threw for a lot of yards in Jr. high, but its hard for a sophomore to have that much responsibility. Its going to be wait and see. It will be Robbie's choice.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my schedule fixed to where I can be in the weightroom with these guys 4 days a week after Christmas. Hopefully, I can be of some assistance to these boys as they learn the art of strength. I've had the privilege of watching players like Dane Christmas and Bill Johnson grow from little boys to great men while giving their all in the offseason. Try to understand that the offseason is where all-state, Mr. Footballs, and college recruits are created. State championships are created in the offseason. Games are won or lost during training. Landers, lets pick up the pace and GITTTTERRRRR DONNNNEEE!! WHOO!! :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know its the first week in January and improvements are already being noticed. The board is set. The pieces are moving. The Landers are working to gain back what has been taken from them and thats pride. The training onslaught has been brutal. Young men are hurting and sore, but they understand that it has to be this way. They have chosen the way of pain. For in the end, victory will be ours and the domination of cloudland will once again be prevalent in the land of east tennessee.

Just to let everyone know its the first week in January and improvements are already being noticed. The board is set. The pieces are moving. The Landers are working to gain back what has been taken from them and thats pride. The training onslaught has been brutal. Young men are hurting and sore, but they understand that it has to be this way. They have chosen the way of pain. For in the end, victory will be ours and the domination of cloudland will once again be prevalent in the land of east tennessee.

Thats good to hear King , cause I bet Hampton and Unaka are working hard as well , and I know these boys up here in Cosby are. Should be some hard hittin physical football played in region 1 next year. Good Luck , and keep workin em hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know the we have several 200 lb. benchpressers now and by mid-march there could be four or five more. Cloudland boys will be attending a strength camp at UT in mid February. They continue to get stronger and stronger. I'm very proud of the way they are working. :lol:

Our kids have went to the strngth camp at ut the last couple of years and they all really liked it and benefitted from it. Offseason is where it's at everything you do to improve during that time is just as important as in the fall.

Just to let everyone know the we have several 200 lb. benchpressers now and by mid-march there could be four or five more. Cloudland boys will be attending a strength camp at UT in mid February. They continue to get stronger and stronger. I'm very proud of the way they are working. :lol:

the next thing you know they will be bringing back gary lewis as assistant

• 1 month later...

The strength camp went very well with about 37 kids from Cloudland attending. Our speed, strength and conditioning have improved by leaps and bounds. I'm not saying we will be world beaters this fall, but look for the Cloudland team of old to resurface. Be ready to get hit. The King has provided weight gainer and protein for these boys and they are going to work. Look out Hampton weightlifting meet.

The strength camp went very well with about 37 kids from Cloudland attending. Our speed, strength and conditioning have improved by leaps and bounds. I'm not saying we will be world beaters this fall, but look for the Cloudland team of old to resurface. Be ready to get hit. The King has provided weight gainer and protein for these boys and they are going to work. Look out Hampton weightlifting meet.

Storm do you know of any spring scrimages or practices . Also do you know if we have the same assistant coaches. Im willing to give some of my time to help out this new head coach and this young group of guys. We need to support our Landers better more bonfires (if thats allowed) , maybe some tailgaiting before games. Some cookouts after practices for the guys . We could do alot more than we have in the past. We as Lander fans can help bring this team back to the top. Maybe not in 1 or 2 years , but I can see us going 2 to 3 rounds in playoffs within the next 4 years. We have to many athletes coming up . One more thing , do u know the teams on our schedule 4 this year. Is Avery and Mitchell on the schedule?