Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

I'll give it to ya frankieD12.....You are the only Viking fan left that posts,other than the occasional self promotion post from Eppy.....

lol...idk where everyone went...red, h-town, jwhumboldt, bed2i...there's a few more...but im on here all by myself...that's almost how it was during football season...that's ok though

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...idk where everyone went...red, h-town, jwhumboldt, bed2i...there's a few more...but im on here all by myself...that's almost how it was during football season...that's ok though

Keep the faith....At least if your guys do make it back to The Boro you won't have to listen to all the "welcome back bandwagon fans" talk.....I'm a little surprised about red though.....Maybe we need to put out an APB for him.....

I'm still around...I'm back at college now though so it's a little harder to keep up with the team...I still post from time to time, I just haven't posted on this one lately...Of course, I could get on here and just build my team up, but I like for what I say to have some sort of backbone so I'll just wait till I get a chance to watch the Vikings play again...I will say this though (thought about this the other day)...One thing Humboldt can feel good about is that they finished 3rd in the district last year as well...2nd in the district tourney, 1st in the region tourney...Wouldn't be all that far-fetched to say that will happen again...Unfortunately, it's going to end up being 2 of the 3 big teams playing each other in a region semi-final to see who will ultimately go on to play in the 'Boro...

Something else to think about...If Humboldt matches up with UC in the Boro, I like Humboldt's chances...I'd rather have UC shooting on those goals where it can be a bit more difficult than in a familar high school gym..

What's the tournament schedule looking like for this Friday and Saturday...I might try to make my way down to watch them..

I haven't heard anything about the Whitby thing but i can tell you that when he was coaching at Obion Central he would not allow any basketball player to play football..But then your looking at a lot bigger school there..I will find out for you asap..Backintheoc i have a question for you.. The weather is calling for rain changing into snow Tuesday night..If they have to cancel the ballgames due to weather when do you think they will play??? Im guessing thursday or friday.

has anyone heard that coach jimmy whitby was asked to resign for telling his players that if they played football he would cut them from his team? If it is true I sure hope the jr high girls coach don't move up there. Any news????

[/quote

I haven't heared anything about that. It is true that he doesn't like his players playing other sports. That was true at Central as well. He has had to back off of that some at LC because of our size but he does do everything that he can to discourage it. I hope that the news is true and that he does resign. But I doubt he will resign. He nothing if not hard headed. His way or the highway. That can be fine but he his way past his prime and his coaching now hurts a team with great amount of talent. Sometimes people don't know when to quit. He needs a push. Hopefully someone that is close to him can get him to see the writing on the wall. Coach if you are listening it is time to go. Do it for the kids who have a chance to do greater things with better direction. It is not all about you. My ears are to the ground.

I haven't heard anything about the Whitby thing but i can tell you that when he was coaching at Obion Central he would not allow any basketball player to play football..But then your looking at a lot bigger school there..I will find out for you asap..Backintheoc i have a question for you.. The weather is calling for rain changing into snow Tuesday night..If they have to cancel the ballgames due to weather when do you think they will play??? Im guessing thursday or friday.

I don't know...They have to have the district tournament over and done with by a certain date....There are no games scheduled for Wednesday....They may have to bite the bullet and play on church nite.....This is one of the problems they have made for themselves for playing this play-in and quarter-finals all over west Tennessee instead of playing the whole thing at Dresden....You can't really play Thursday because you got the boys quarter-finals..I'm sure they wouldn't have,for example,Dresden's girls playing in Union City the same nite the Dresden boys are playing in Humboldt....

I haven't heard about the Whitby rumor....That's the way it was done at Obion Central for years and years...But when you have a school the size of Lake County you can't just play one sport and be able to field a competitive team....

I'm still around...I'm back at college now though so it's a little harder to keep up with the team...I still post from time to time, I just haven't posted on this one lately...Of course, I could get on here and just build my team up, but I like for what I say to have some sort of backbone so I'll just wait till I get a chance to watch the Vikings play again...I will say this though (thought about this the other day)...One thing Humboldt can feel good about is that they finished 3rd in the district last year as well...2nd in the district tourney, 1st in the region tourney...Wouldn't be all that far-fetched to say that will happen again...Unfortunately, it's going to end up being 2 of the 3 big teams playing each other in a region semi-final to see who will ultimately go on to play in the 'Boro...

Something else to think about...If Humboldt matches up with UC in the Boro, I like Humboldt's chances...I'd rather have UC shooting on those goals where it can be a bit more difficult than in a familar high school gym..

What's the tournament schedule looking like for this Friday and Saturday...I might try to make my way down to watch them..

red.....Union City has already played in an arena with goals and lighting and what not like Murfreesboro.....They led the eight teams in scoring and three point goals made....The Battle for the State Tournament was played at Lipscomb University...And they played three games at The Boro last year with MJ hitting 4 or 5 threes in a game against Wayne County when he went for 25 points....

Friday nite is the girl's semi-finals and Saturday nite is the boy's semi-finals where Lake County and Humboldt will play at 8pm(Dresden High School)....Of course assuming they both advance..

This is just a random thought that will never happen, but what would be the chances of basketball going to the new system that the TSSAA is going to put in for double a football with the at large bids.

It is just a shame that one of these three teams is going to have to sit at home for the state tournamnet (like LC did last year). I know the power shifts from year to year and some years other districts are stronger, but it would be nice to see some other format for the postseason tournament.

This is just a random thought that will never happen, but what would be the chances of basketball going to the new system that the TSSAA is going to put in for double a football with the at large bids.

It is just a shame that one of these three teams is going to have to sit at home for the state tournamnet (like LC did last year). I know the power shifts from year to year and some years other districts are stronger, but it would be nice to see some other format for the postseason tournament.

Lake County deserved to go more than Cloudland did last year.....I don't think a team with a losing record should be able to play in the state tournament.....I know they(Cloudland) were the talk of the town for a week or so,but they weren't even in the same league as Union City and UC beat them down like they were Gleason....

Lake County deserved to go more than Cloudland did last year.....I don't think a team with a losing record should be able to play in the state tournament.....I know they(Cloudland) were the talk of the town for a week or so,but they weren't even in the same league as Union City and UC beat them down like they were Gleason....

Outside of Lake Co., Humboldt, Union City, and Grace Baptist no one else deserved to be there. I guess it will be the same way this year, our distrcit and region tournamnets will be the real state tournamnet.

I don't know...They have to have the district tournament over and done with by a certain date....There are no games scheduled for Wednesday....They may have to bite the bullet and play on church nite.....This is one of the problems they have made for themselves for playing this play-in and quarter-finals all over west Tennessee instead of playing the whole thing at Dresden....You can't really play Thursday because you got the boys quarter-finals..I'm sure they wouldn't have,for example,Dresden's girls playing in Union City the same nite the Dresden boys are playing in Humboldt....

I haven't heard about the Whitby rumor....That's the way it was done at Obion Central for years and years...But when you have a school the size of Lake County you can't just play one sport and be able to field a competitive team....

[/quote

You would think that someone with authority would step up and put Jimmy in his palce if this is true. That is only hurting the kids who want to play both sports. I wonder if that is why lake county's football coach is leaving. from what I hear the principal at lake county won't stop whitby because he worked with him in obion county. since both are coaches he won't touch that. XXXX your fingers and hope the rumor is true falcon fans. lake county's best coach is leaving (D barger) and the d is for dawn.

Edited by lcfalconfever