Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even if union city and humboldt were in double a, someone else would be beating up on these "weaker" teams and then you would have to find another excuse to make up for losing games.

took the words right out of my mouth...and im sure humboldt and union city would do the same thing in 2a...which is win...not sure about state championship wise because liberty has that under wraps this year...but they are both talented teams...this was brought up last year too...there's a team in virginia who plays football that has the classifications for 2a but they play in 6a...so the size of school doesn't matter...just depends on what you put out on the court or playing field

Union City is a very good single A Basketball team and so is Humbolt, Period, End of Story. If you take those two teams out the other schools would still have to figure out a way to beat Lake Co. I mean the loses LC has in district14, 2 to UC and 1 to Humbolt. Football same thing, the only team to beat LC the last two years in the football region besides UC and Mckenzie was Bruceton. Without these teams LC would have had little to no competition during the regular season. That could hurt come playoff time. My philosophy has always been that the TSSAA will never legislate a team a state title, sooner or later you have to beat somebody!! IMO and I have said it before, I would rather play these guys than the privates. B) So enough of that lets' get some predicitions, District 14 A tourney when it is all said and done who will be the top 4 seeds? My picks

1. Lake Co. (Extremely hard to beat a team three times, Falcons upset UC in final)

2. Union City ( Gaurantee they are 1 or 2, See above for reason they are 2)

3. Humbolt ( If they play as they are capable, Careful though, the Red Devils already upset them once)

4. Bradford ( Great year. If they were in the other district(13) Probably a 1 or 2 seed).

Come on guys give me your thoughts!! B)

Edited by wardawg2038

Union City is a very good single A Basketball team and so is Humbolt, Period, End of Story. If you take those two teams out the other schools would still have to figure out a way to beat Lake Co. I mean the loses LC has in district14, 2 to UC and 1 to Humbolt. Football same thing, the only team to beat LC the last two years in the football region besides UC and Mckenzie was Bruceton. Without these teams LC would have had little to no competition during the regular season. That could hurt come playoff time. My philosophy has always been that the TSSAA will never legislate a team a state title, sooner or later you have to beat somebody!! IMO and I have said it before, I would rather play these guys than the privates. B) So enough of that lets' get some predicitions, District 14 A tourney when it is all said and done who will be the top 4 seeds? My picks

1. Lake Co. (Extremely hard to beat a team three times, Falcons upset UC in final)

3. Humbolt ( If they play as they are capable, Careful though, the Red Devils already upset them once)

4. Bradford ( Great year. If they were in the other district(13) Probably a 1 or 2 seed).

I'm calling a repeat of last year with Bradford being in Halls position and UC and LC switching seeds...

UC at the 1 seed with a victory over Humboldt in the district finals by 7...

HBT at the 2 seed with a victory over LC in the semi's by 4...

LC at the 3 seed with a win over Bradford in the consolation game by 10...

BFD at the 4 seed where they'll beat the 1 seed from the other district...

UC beats LC in the region semi's by 6

HBT beats BFD in the region semi's 11

HBT upsets UC in the region finals by 2

HBT and UC both win their substate games and meet up in the Boro...Whether it's in the final or they're in the same bracket, that will be the Championship game...

Just my predictions barring any majorly unforseen upsets in the first rounds of district or region play...I think HBT is getting closer and closer to figuring out how to deal with UC...They had them in Humboldt until UC absolutely exploded at the end...If Humboldt can put together a complete game and keep UC from those 10-0 and 15-0 runs that they are so capable of putting on teams, then I like HBT's chances...But, these predictions are all in good fun and just for me to look back on after the champ is crowned and see how my predictions went so don't take them as disrespect if you're another team..

Edited by red_16

It matters not that Lake County or Humboldt had this run or that run at Union City during those four games...What matters is that neither had the lead over Union City when the scoreboard read 0:00..Humboldt wasn't even within single digits either game...Lake County had their shot in Tiptonville....I still think Union City will face Lake County for the 1A State Championship....You are right it's very hard to beat a team three or four or five times in one year....Union City can do it though...

I was just making a point, people. I specifically said that I wasn't accusing Union City of anything, and I'm still now. I was just saying that the numbers the TSSAA has may not be the number of students that are actually in the school at the beginning of football season. Might be more, might be less. That was one of the major arguments for moving private schools up because they could cap their enrollment to stay in 1A.

I'm definitely not making excuses. LC has proven that they can compete with UC and Humboldt in basketball, and they made it farther in football this year than either UC or McKenzie. It does irk me just a little that if UC, Humboldt and McKenzie hadn't dropped to 1A in the respective sports that LC would be THE dominant team in West Tennessee in both football and boys' basketball. So there's no excuses to be made. I'm just challenging the status quo.

I'm calling a repeat of last year with Bradford being in Halls position and UC and LC switching seeds...

UC at the 1 seed with a victory over Humboldt in the district finals by 7...

HBT at the 2 seed with a victory over LC in the semi's by 4...

LC at the 3 seed with a win over Bradford in the consolation game by 10...

BFD at the 4 seed where they'll beat the 1 seed from the other district...

UC beats LC in the region semi's by 6

HBT beats BFD in the region semi's 11

HBT upsets UC in the region finals by 2

HBT and UC both win their substate games and meet up in the Boro...Whether it's in the final or they're in the same bracket, that will be the Championship game...

Just my predictions barring any majorly unforseen upsets in the first rounds of district or region play...I think HBT is getting closer and closer to figuring out how to deal with UC...They had them in Humboldt until UC absolutely exploded at the end...If Humboldt can put together a complete game and keep UC from those 10-0 and 15-0 runs that they are so capable of putting on teams, then I like HBT's chances...But, these predictions are all in good fun and just for me to look back on after the champ is crowned and see how my predictions went so don't take them as disrespect if you're another team..

Teams out of the same region can only meet in the State Finals.

Same as yours, except flip-flop No. 1 and No. 2. Let's make UC and Humboldt face each other in the regional semis this year. I made the statement before last year's district tournament that LC would be better off finishing second, thereby avoiding UC and Humboldt until the regional finals; the same applies this year.

I know the Herm Edwards "You play to win the game" soundbyte comes to mind, but seriously -- what would the fans of Lake County rather have...another District 14A Title and a do-or-die game with Humboldt in the regional semis, or a 14A runner-up finish, a game with Bradford in the regional semis and a much, much better chance of advancing to the 'Boro? I'm not saying LC can't beat UC or Humboldt, I just like their chances against Bradford or a team from 13A a whole lot better.

Looks like with Greenfield's 56-53 win over South Fulton the Yellow Jackets have earned the right to play Union City in a quarter-final match-up in Union City on Thursday nite at 7:00 PM....

Union City has beaten the Yellow Jackets twice this season....85-36 at Union City and 78-60 at Greenfield in what was probably the worst game of the year(in district play) for Union City except for maybe the Dresden game at Dresden.....

Edited by backinthaoc

Looks like with Greenfield's 56-53 win over South Fulton the Yellow Jackets have earned the right to play Union City in a quarter-final match-up in Union City on Thursday nite at 7:00 PM....

Union City has beaten the Yellow Jackets twice this season....85-36 at Union City and 78-60 at Greenfield in what was probably the worst game of the year(in district play) for Union City except for maybe the Dresden game at Dresden.....

i prodicted the season before and i'm goin with my projection now on single a. Union City and Lake County will play each other five time this year. Union city and humboldt will play each other in the semi of the region and Lake County will play trenton in the semi. Union city will advance to the chip against lake county. Union city will host the substate game against adamsville and lake county will have to travel to middleton to play sub state. Union city beats adamsville and lake county gets revenge on middleton from two years ago. And you know when you come out of the west you go to the chip. So lake county vs union city for everything.

It matters not that Lake County or Humboldt had this run or that run at Union City during those four games...What matters is that neither had the lead over Union City when the scoreboard read 0:00..Humboldt wasn't even within single digits either game...Lake County had their shot in Tiptonville....I still think Union City will face Lake County for the 1A State Championship....You are right it's very hard to beat a team three or four or five times in one year....Union City can do it though...

If I'am not mistaken, and I could very well be, back in 1985 Humboldt girls beat Obion Central 5 times: 2x in district, district championship, region championship and then State Championship. So yes it can be done. UC has the talent on the floor as well as head coaching experience.