Union City-Humboldt-Lake County

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense is the reason UC scores so many points.

Everyone can keep thinking UC is an offense only team. The #1 reason they have won four state titles is defense period.

Three were under defense guru Marty Sisco (which became known for his defensive pressure, and another under his son Shane. Now with Marty as an assistant, I don't see how anyone can look at a Union City team (whether they have seen them or not) and think that they are not a defensive team.

Edited by 3153

Just wondering, do they play any defense over in West Tennessee?

Low point production by most other teams across Middle and East Tennessee are more a product of not very good offense than playing great "defense".....

If you don't think Union City plays defense try to break their press,catch every contested pass and shoot with someone in your face for thirty two minutes..When you finally do and start feeling good about yourself,you realize after checking out the scoreboard,you are down by 25 points....Then they sub five fresh faces on you...

Low point production by most other teams across Middle and East Tennessee are more a product of not very good offense than playing great "defense".....

If you don't think Union City plays defense try to break their press,catch every contested pass and shoot with someone in your face for thirty two minutes..When you finally do and start feeling good about yourself,you realize after checking out the scoreboard,you are down by 25 points....Then they sub five fresh faces on you...

Good post.

Lake County put a hurt on Halls tonight. Whitby cleared the entire bench about 2 minutes into the 4th with a 30 point lead. While I will agree the reffing was not on Halls side it wouldn't have helped them any. They couldn't control the ball on open wood. So all you halls fans can say I mentioned it.

On defence, UC is a monster with that press. It isn't unbeatable until you combine it with a huge offencive percentage then you have a beast to be reconed with!

LC has been playing better defence as of late. Forced a BUNCH of turnovers on Halls.

Kinda bummed Bradford is out. Look forward to Trenton playing again. And the LC Humbolt game will be pretty awesome.

Prediction:

I have LC by 3. Channen fouling out and maybe springer. Big step up by Patrick Robertson who showed out a bit tonight. I am worried about some bad decisions by Valentine on offense but a good defensive night. Copeland won't see much time for some reason we won't understand. But big numbers on both sides. Humbolt will get into a lot of foul trouble as well, and a VERY physical game if they let the boys play.

UC will blow out trenton by 25+.

Uh johnny could you give an old person the definition of slaw as it pertains to a team playing ability or lack thereof. Break it down for me.

well we dont want to get it to complicated for the old timers so lets just say their lack of playing ability without having to say that they stink, no offense to any mckenzie people but they cant compete in 14a

well we dont want to get it to complicated for the old timers so lets just say their lack of playing ability without having to say that they stink, no offense to any mckenzie people but they cant compete in 14a

McKenzie is 1-4 against 14A this season....They have played Greenfield,Dresden,Gleason one time each and Bradford twice....Only win came against the mighty Gleason Bulldogs by 14....

Congratulations to all four teams. Everyone is going to pick UC over Trenton, but who does everyone have in Humboldt/Lake Co. game?

I'll pick Lake County by 2. As far as UC goes, their starters will take about a 10 point lead, then the second five will come in and extend that by another 5. That should continue with UC ending up winning by about 20-25. I'm still impressed with the depth of UC. One returning stater from last year's state champs and their still 10 or 11 guys deep.