Houston vs. Bartlett

coachgat

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well being on the boys coaching staff i didn't get to watch that much of the game. I know that at the end of the first quarter it was 24-1 i think in bartletts favor. when i walked in during the second quarter the only one of the "Big Four" on the court was Nikki. I don't know if the others were in foul trouble or if coach was getting younger players some pt. If she was trying to get younger players PT then it was the right thing to do or it might have gotten ugly. Getting those girls in will help later on down the road.

well being on the boys coaching staff i didn't get to watch that much of the game. I know that at the end of the first quarter it was 24-1 i think in bartletts favor. when i walked in during the second quarter the only one of the "Big Four" on the court was Nikki. I don't know if the others were in foul trouble or if coach was getting younger players some pt. If she was trying to get younger players PT then it was the right thing to do or it might have gotten ugly. Getting those girls in will help later on down the road.

Houston came out in a zone and Bartlett hit 7 straight 3 pointers in the first quarter (Jasmine 2, Ashley 2 and Nikki 3). I think the score at the end of the first quarter was 24-1 and at one point the score was 31-4. The bench played about two quarters. Bench play will be a plus in the long run.

Congratulations to Bartlett for another dominating performance...when a team has 4 key players it's awfully hard to configure the defense to cover them all.

My source tells me that Bartlett shot 62% for the game. Hard to beat that. 62% for the game!

Apparently, though, the news for Houston wasn't all bad. They shot 55% for the game and got within 6 points at one point. Impressive play, Bartlett. Good effort to try to get back in the game, Houston.

My source tells me that Bartlett shot 62% for the game. Hard to beat that. 62% for the game!

Apparently, though, the news for Houston wasn't all bad. They shot 55% for the game

I don't know what the Bartlett shooting percentage was (it was high). The Houston percentage was based primarily off of scoring against Bartlett's JV team and the final quarter they made a couple of 3 pointers in the closing minute or two. The game was consistently at a double digit lead and anytime Houston made a real push - In came the "Big Four". Bartlett's younger players will have to go through growing pains and learn how to sustain a lead. Typically you will probably not see four of them in at the same time; however, when your opponent doesn't score a basket in the first quarter and only hits one free throw in the closing seconds of the quarter...... I think the leading team can take a few risks and still close out the game?????? :thumb:

I don't know what the Bartlett shooting percentage was (it was high). The Houston percentage was based primarily off of scoring against Bartlett's JV team and the final quarter they made a couple of 3 pointers in the closing minute or two. The game was consistently at a double digit lead and anytime Houston made a real push - In came the "Big Four". Bartlett's younger players will have to go through growing pains and learn how to sustain a lead. Typically you will probably not see four of them in at the same time; however, when your opponent doesn't score a basket in the first quarter and only hits one free throw in the closing seconds of the quarter...... I think the leading team can take a few risks and still close out the game?????? :)

No doubt about it. Bartlett is a tremendously impressive team. With the Fantastic Four, it's hard to see much of anything stopping them from going to state and taking it all.

No doubt about it. Bartlett is a tremendously impressive team. With the Fantastic Four, it's hard to see much of anything stopping them from going to state and taking it all.

There are some very, very good teams that will be at the state tournament should the Lady Panthers get there. I'd just be happy seeing Bartlett winning that Sub-State championship and go from there. But if you make it to the 'Boro anything is possible.

" The Fantastic Four".......I love it :thumb:

Lemme see

Brianna Walker......The Thing ( Big and strong in the post)

Nikki Thompson.....The Human Torch ( Fiery competitor who can light it up from 3)

Ashley Herring.......The Invisible Girl ( Amazing player with ability to score but contributions far more vital to this team than simply what shows up in the scorebook)

Jasmine James....... Ms Fantastic ( What else can be said......she's fantastic)

There are some very, very good teams that will be at the state tournament should the Lady Panthers get there. I'd just be happy seeing Bartlett winning that Sub-State championship and go from there. But if you make it to the 'Boro anything is possible.

" The Fantastic Four".......I love it :lol:

Lemme see

Brianna Walker......The Thing ( Big and strong in the post)

Nikki Thompson.....The Human Torch ( Fiery competitor who can light it up from 3)

Ashley Herring.......The Invisible Girl ( Amazing player with ability to score but contributions far more vital to this team than simply what shows up in the scorebook)

Jasmine James....... Ms Fantastic ( What else can be said......she's fantastic)

According to Coach Whitfield, in the Commercial Appeal, Nikki Thompson is the "Fire", and Ashley Herring is the "Ice". So the "fantastic four" (and I am aware of the analogy to which you allude) should be Brianna Walker ...... "The Hulk", Nikki Thompson ...... "Inferno", Ashley Herring ...... "Ice Woman" and Jasmine James ...... "Ms. Lightning" (IMHO) :lol:

According to Coach Whitfield, in the Commercial Appeal, Nikki Thompson is the "Fire", and Ashley Herring is the "Ice". So the "fantastic four" (and I am aware of the analogy to which you allude) should be Brianna Walker ...... "The Hulk", Nikki Thompson ...... "Inferno", Ashley Herring ...... "Ice Woman" and Jasmine James ...... "Ms. Lightning" (IMHO) :D

That'll work too :thumb: