More thoughts about Temple football

Assumptions:

1. Coach Beard's son will be a senior next year.

2. Coach Beard enjoys coaching his son.

Sneaking suspicions:

1. Temple had already picked out a new coach...even before the season was over.

I don't think the coaches resigning was a surprise. I believe the transfers out was.

I could be totally wrong about all this, but I am not wrong about is Coach Beard is a good man.

Whatever the situation I hope Temple does right.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assumptions:

Sneaking suspicions:

I don't think the coaches resigning was a surprise. I believe the transfers out was.

I could be totally wrong about all this, but I am not wrong about is Coach Beard is a good man.

What do you mean by you hope Temple does right

Assumptions:

Sneaking suspicions:

I thought Mitch Beard was a senior, has he got another year and did he start last year? Coach Beard also resigned did he not? and is Mitch Beard transfering to?an why would coach beard not continue coaching his son. what is going on down there at Temple.

I thought Mitch Beard was a senior, has he got another year and did he start last year? Coach Beard also resigned did he not? and is Mitch Beard transfering to?an why would coach beard not continue coaching his son. what is going on down there at Temple.

I could be wrong. He may be a senior, but he is listed as a junior on the temple website. To answer some of your questions, I thought he started last year (but I could be wrong). And yes, Coach Beard also resigned. I don't know the answers to t he rest of you questions.

I know this is a wild guess, but I wonder if the coaches resigned at the request of the administration in their attempt to get a paid head coach. Just a thought.

What do you mean by you hope Temple does right

The same as I hope your school does right. Makes decisions for the good of the school, obeys all the rules, hires the right football coach, wins basketball games. You know...does right. :lol:

I hate that people have used this situation to speak badly of Temple so I hope they resolve it quickly and move on.

You guys may not remember but someone was on here posting back in August that Seth Wadley would be transferring to McCallie after football and mentioned that there was a handful of others who would also be leaving. It seems to me that the resignations and transfers were not recent developments but had been in the works for quite a while.

Mitch Beard is a junior this year and there are rumors circulating that Steve Beard is trying to get a coaching/teaching job at Silverdale. There are also rumors that one or two other promising players on the team are looking to transfer somewhere else.

You guys may not remember but someone was on here posting back in August that Seth Wadley would be transferring to McCallie after football and mentioned that there was a handful of others who would also be leaving. It seems to me that the resignations and transfers were not recent developments but had been in the works for quite a while.

Mitch Beard is a junior this year and there are rumors circulating that Steve Beard is trying to get a coaching/teaching job at Silverdale. There are also rumors that one or two other promising players on the team are looking to transfer somewhere else.

Correct me if I am wrong Coach Beard came from Southeast ,then later on larson and ridley came from southeast after sitting out and moving???????Wait a minute move is taking it a stretch.Wadley and Joey gone.If a few potential players from temple leave and Coach Beard goes to silverdale or where ever with his son.Not only is his son eligible right away temple wil have to shut down there program and be out thousands of dollars.Those players and everybody leaving will be eiligible right away.Hey Pasture I know this is all speculation but can you remember all those post we had about recruiting a few months ago.Mostly about John Allen and silverdale.I was trying to explain how much this stuff with addresses and transferring goes on in a lot of schools but not all schools.I coach in GEORGIA and thats what Allen got ran off from Lakeview about he got carried away and was banned from north georgia period for 2 years.Thats why he went to cleveland and went 1-9 or something and then to silverdale this year and the heat is getting turned up on him there.Reps from Tssaa have already asked questions concerning new students at silverdale. I think Beard going to silverdale is not that far fetched.Pasture if you keep thinking this way they will start calling you terrible names and judging your courage.

Coach Beard has been at Temple (TTU/HPBC) for along time.

Define long time.I didnt say exactly when Beard came but 2 years ago southeast unjustly fired there head coach (not Beard) who was doing well.Did he not also come and coach at Temple?You would have to go back and look at previous post to understand some of my point about recruiting.Transferring happens all the time and is not always ok with tssaa.Back then when Temple was making ther run and things were starting to look better for silverdale people did not want to even acknowledge kids being swayed from other schools and beating the system but it happens all the time. Edited by Farmboy1

Define long time.I didnt say exactly when Beard came but 2 years ago southeast unjustly fired there head coach (not Beard) who was doing well.Did he not also come and coach at Temple?You would have to go back and look at previous post to understand some of my point about recruiting.Transferring happens all the time and is not always ok with tssaa.Back then when Temple was making ther run and things were starting to look better for silverdale people did not want to even acknowledge kids being swayed from other schools and beating the system but it happens all the time.

Sorry I don't know the answers to the Southeast questions. Beard has been around HPBC for 10 years or so. I don't know his coaching history. I believe he installed pools or such in the past before teaching.

With all the privates in the chattanooga area "competing" for a limited number of athletes it will be interesting to see who wins out.