2007 Region 6 1A

Big Bigby

I know it your opinion and all and I can understand that. What I cant understand is everybody flipped out when Marco went to QB and Smith led MP to the semi-finals. Just because the state title wasnt won the first thing out of people's mouth was put the Brown boy at QB. The only way MP wins and duplicates last years performance and hopefully one more game is to have Marco at QB. MP would have Smith's head on a platter after a region loss if MP had a freshaman or junior QB while Marco was in the backfield. As far as other coaches knowing what is going to happen, let em. By the time you to the playoffs every team knows what you are running even if it is either last years offense or a new one this year. As far as who will be QB in 08, who cares. Hopefully Smith is concentrating on 07 and a solid run on a state title, not preping a QB for 08.

Don't get me wrong now, I wasn't one of the one's flipping out when coach made that move. But what's the difference between Marco in shotgun with direct snap to him or Marco at tailback with a QB turning and handing the ball to him. The difference I see( again I can be wrong ) is more options with him in the tailback position. What's going to happen if those region teams shuts down the shotgun style as last year Giles & JCS did? Because they prepared against it.

If you ask me I'm a very big fan of the power run Smith calls for when mTp is 20 yards or less. 4 set in the backfield or trips left or right, good lead blocks inside for Marco or if holes collapse he bounces outside. No one stops it, not even JCS when he ran it. Look at how many two point conversions he had with it in the playoffs. Again, I'm far from being a coach, ok , but its just an honest fans honest opinion like yours. :)

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im just bringin up points from other peoples posts, my opinion dont freak out.....me bringing them up prob means im not overlooking them, if you wanna hear people that are over looking them look at all the posts where its "marco pleasant," "if it wasnt for daily, mtp couldnt win 5 games" "mtp would be a middle of the region team with out daily"im sure theres been alot more.

Don't worry I'm not freaking out on you. Though it does sound from time to time you lean in the direction they do. You have that right to opine as well as I. Keep conversing, I like good debates until I'm proven wrong. Then like everyone else; no one likes it then,,, do we..lol. :)

Edited by Big Bigby

Don't worry I'm not freaking out on you. Though it does sound from time to time you lean in the direction they do. You have that right to opine as well as I. Keep conversing, I like good debates until I'm proven wrong. Then like everyone else; no one likes it then,,, do we..lol. :(

i mean dont get me wrong, i do lean towards in from time to time. i mean how do u blame me. him getting the ball half the time, but i understand that he couldnt do it without the big o line, and the backs

You know marco does need to be at the tailback position. We need a qb who can throw the ball and take the pressure off marco! WE NEED A THROWING GAME!! You can not win the big game if you don't get their. And the fact of the matter is YOU HAVE TO HAVE THROWING GAME A RUNNING GAME TO WIN!! Marco is very good and C SMITH IS real good . BUT i watched many games this year and marco did not have any help in the back feild AT ALL!!!!!! SO don't change anything if you don't have to JUST GET MARCO SOME HELP!! IF STOOPS AND CLIFTON CAN"T GET THE JOB DONE AND THEY REALLY CAN"T THEN FIND SOMEBODY ELSE!! Because i have herd they complain about marco getting the ball alot we'll they need to work hard like marco and quit riding his coat tail . And another thing please quit calling MT.PLEASANT marco pleasant as i recall mp has won alot of games before marco and they will win a lot of games after marco. And another thing stats don't mean crape you play the game and the best team wins. C SMITH IS THE REASON MP IS WINNING FOR GOODNESS SAKE LOOK AT THE MANS RECORD 20 AND 4 BEFORE MARCO AND I AM NOT BASHING MARCO BECAUSE HE IS THE REAL DEAL JUST SHOW SOME RESPECT TO PAST AND PRESANT PLAYERS WHO HAVE BUSTED THEIR BUTTS OFF IN THE PAST AND IN THE PRESANT. PS AND THAT"S THE BOTTLINE LINE PEACE :(

Bottomline I don't know who you are and really don't care. You do not have a clue about football. Stoops and Clifton did exactly what they were supposed to do all season. Stoops stepped up each and every game he played and Clifton did an excellent job for a first year player. Who do you think opened holes for Marco to run through? Stoops did. Most of Marco's touchdowns came from follow Stoops ,not all. Stoops also scored 9 touchdowns this year with over 800 yards. Most of his touchdowns came in the first half.

You talk about showing respect to past and present players who have busted their butts, Why don't you start by showing some respect to these two players?

most of those that graduated were linemen. i hear that 3 kids will be playing next season that can run faster than the backfield they had this year. plus the young guys that Yale mentioned.

just remember last year pc wasnt suppossed to be good and look what happened... it is all about believing in the system.

go vikings

Who are the guys that you are talking about that is so fast? Are they the guys coming up from middle school?

Don't get me wrong now, I wasn't one of the one's flipping out when coach made that move. But what's the difference between Marco in shotgun with direct snap to him or Marco at tailback with a QB turning and handing the ball to him. The difference I see( again I can be wrong ) is more options with him in the tailback position. What's going to happen if those region teams shuts down the shotgun style as last year Giles & JCS did? Because they prepared against it.

If you ask me I'm a very big fan of the power run Smith calls for when mTp is 20 yards or less. 4 set in the backfield or trips left or right, good lead blocks inside for Marco or if holes collapse he bounces outside. No one stops it, not even JCS when he ran it. Look at how many two point conversions he had with it in the playoffs. Again, I'm far from being a coach, ok , but its just an honest fans honest opinion like yours. :P

No problem, I understand you are just giving your opinion and thats what this is for. As far a Marco at QB he has the option to both run and pass. At RB he just runs.

Where did Neal and his family move to?

They moved to Selmer. Neal will be playing at McNairy Central his senior year. I think he said they were a 4A school? We will miss him. Wish him the best of luck at McNairy.

Who are the guys that you are talking about that is so fast? Are they the guys coming up from middle school?

I don't know who he's talking about, I assume one of them is Dray Mercer. He's the fastest kid I know.

Bottomline, are you from MP. if you are you dont put down your own football team. furthermore dont mention player's names and put them down by saying that didnt get the job done right. them kids work their butts off on that field. i dont see you out there doing it. the kids are out there having fun doing what they love to do. i dont know how long stoops has been playing football but i do know that this past year was clifton's first year playing high school. i'm not exactly sure what his stats was but i believe he had over 700 yards rushing. but im sure that you can ask wholder and he will give you the amount if you want it. that's pretty good for his first year playing high school since he only played one year of pop warner.

Its pretty obvious who bottomline is. Every since he played his last season in 2004 all he's done is put down current players. I dont know where he gets his axe to grind but he and his posts are considered a joke by people close to the football program. Stoops and Clifton both had more yards and td's than he ever thought about getting but he was a good player. Maybe he's jealous of Stoops being more productive wearing that #5 than he was.

I am not a Mount Pleasant fan, but i agree with some to just leave it to the coaches. If someone feels that Mount Pleasant will have to have a coaching philosophy change then take it up with the coaches. They may read this but they won't take it seriously unless there is someone in their office with good reasons as to why they think they should change some things.

As far as Mount Pleasant i don't think the problem is offense. Now i just look at stats on games but they didn't have a problem generating two hundred plus yards a game, it was holding the good opponents below three hundred that hurt them. Does Mount Pleasant have any good experience comming back on D? I think that is a more important key to taking another step than worrying about spreading the ball around....

i dont know how long stoops has been playing football but i do know that this past year was clifton's first year playing high school. i'm not exactly sure what his stats was but i believe he had over 700 yards rushing.

Bubba Clifton - 74 carries, 663 yards, 6 TD's

Jay Stoops - 79 carries, 562 yards, 9 TD's, 1 two point conv.

These stats are from 2006 reg. season games, not finals included; I believe.

In my opinion they did their part. :thumb:

I am not a Mount Pleasant fan, but i agree with some to just leave it to the coaches. If someone feels that Mount Pleasant will have to have a coaching philosophy change then take it up with the coaches. They may read this but they won't take it seriously unless there is someone in their office with good reasons as to why they think they should change some things.

As far as Mount Pleasant i don't think the problem is offense. Now i just look at stats on games but they didn't have a problem generating two hundred plus yards a game, it was holding the good opponents below three hundred that hurt them. Does Mount Pleasant have any good experience comming back on D? I think that is a more important key to taking another step than worrying about spreading the ball around....

Defense won the JB game.

Yes they do. All but three.

Edited by Big Bigby