GQ to Greeneville ?

TennTarpon

To live in some places in Knoxville 100K would not pay a mortgage. But let's get real GQ is one of the most successful HS coaches in Tennessee history. Personally I think he could out coach Fulmer, like most SEC teams do, but he is a HS coach. A private school can pay him whatever they want and reading about the TSSAA vs. BA law suit, BA can do what ever they want, period. Still they have a responsibility to some type of budget. GQ does qualify for the TSA, or teacher’s pension plan, but he would need a retirement to go along with his salary IMO. He would also like to live on a Golf course as he is an avid golfer, and a good one. Don't forget his wife has a pretty good job as well at a local bank. Money is not everything but it motivates everyone in some way.

I hope he stays and if it was legal I would float a few dead Presidents his way help keep him. But he will continue to get offers, but I don’t think he’ll stay a HS coach anywhere.

Good Lord! 100K for a mortgage. That's over $8333 a month. Surely you jest. Who couldn't out coach Fulmer?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sources tell me that a wealthy Knoxville Business College alum had GQ flown to Knoxville in his private plane to talk about starting a football program there. He would have all the resources he wanted to build from the ground up. He was seen boarding the plane at McGhee-Tyson and arriving at Island Home airport 4 minutes later.

VA-Tornado,

I hate to "correct" your story ... it's close to factual, except just before George's plane was scheduled to touch down at Island Home, the Knox News Traffic Reporter Pete Michaels plane was forced to "belly land", disrupting the landing strip at Island Home for several hours. The plane Quarles was on reportedly went into a holding pattern above the Mouse's Ear for several hours, but gave him time--by airphone--to sort out all the details for the Knoxville position.

It is not a Knoxville Business College as originally reported, it was actually Pellissippi State Community College. With George's Maryville connections and the south Bungalow Campus located close to Maryville, it won't take too long to build a dynasty there.

VA-Tornado,

I hate to "correct" your story ... it's close to factual, except just before George's plane was scheduled to touch down at Island Home, the Knox News Traffic Reporter Pete Michaels plane was forced to "belly land", disrupting the landing strip at Island Home for several hours. The plane Quarles was on reportedly went into a holding pattern above the Mouse's Ear for several hours, but gave him time--by airphone--to sort out all the details for the Knoxville position.

It is not a Knoxville Business College as originally reported, it was actually Pellissippi State Community College. With George's Maryville connections and the south Bungalow Campus located close to Maryville, it won't take too long to build a dynasty there.

GovMan,

Obviously you have better sources than I do. One thing for sure, GQ isn't going to @@@@ up many frequent flyer miles taking these plane trips to Greeneville and Knoxville. <_<

If you read many of Stars posts you would likely see using Thank for Think is just part of his gig. We're ALL impressed with the Jet but by the time the flight plan is checked and the clear for take off is given you could be there from Blount County in a cab.

mhs, eye shood haiv sed, "Eye thank."

Greenvul may haiv ta richest man in tha world. Butt eye haiv tha best munny printur. :thumb: