Balor School for Boys and Girls loses one to The McCallie school for b

bear cat brown

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ is in 8th grader who attended Baylor throughout middle school. He is an outstanding wrestler who has a dream of becoming the first five time state champion. He weighs 112 and was hoping to wrestle varsity for Baylor this year (his 8th grade year) but Bailey Whitaker, a two time state champion, is starting at that weight already therefore TJ would be unable to fulfill his dream. So he transferred to McCallie in order to persue that dream. He was deemed eligible to wrestle for McCallie yesterday. Now you are all up to speed! If I left anything out unintentionally please add on!

thank you. this really helps. also if has dreams to become a 5x state champion shouldnt he start by beating the 2x champion in his ex-own wrestling room?

WV,

Sounds like you are quite familiar (or feel you are) with me and my personal needs, and especially familiar for someone you say, “…you’ve never met”. I appreciate your concern every since your antics at state a few years ago.

You’ll find life will be easier for you if you let go of it, and move on. Stop all of the negative energy toward GC... You’ll be happy – I promise. It's quite simple, forget and forgive is your prescription. It’s mine and all of ours, which offers peace. Also, it’s much cheaper than any kind of professional mental help you endorse. Are you one of those left winged liberals or what? You make me wonder. :lol:

Cheers

So I am assuming Baylor's team would not let him wrestle off at 112?

Something one parent pulled his kids out over on one end of town and now turns his head on the other side because he "...has nothing to do with it."

But, hey... Bono does it, why not change the rules as we go?

TJ is in 8th grader who attended Baylor throughout middle school. He is an outstanding wrestler who has a dream of becoming the first five time state champion. He weighs 112 and was hoping to wrestle varsity for Baylor this year (his 8th grade year) but Bailey Whitaker, a two time state champion, is starting at that weight already therefore TJ would be unable to fulfill his dream. So he transferred to McCallie in order to persue that dream. He was deemed eligible to wrestle for McCallie yesterday. Now you are all up to speed! If I left anything out unintentionally please add on!

There's a good chance Whitaker will be at 119 after this weekend and for the rest of the season based on the difficulty he's having making weight at 112. If that happens, maybe TJ will want to return to Baylor and wrestle there at 112. Of course, the TSSAA would have to ignore the 3-day practice rule, but that apparently is not a problem.

Did someone say TJ was not allowed to wrestle-off? Please tell me this is not true. Sounds like something eriely familiar. What really has caught my eye, and no, it was not a chair, but what is said about TJ transferring because his parents want him to be the 1st 5x champion. Does anybody else see something wrong here. They do not say it is what TJ wants.

As for Coffey, heard he wrestled against Brentwood Academy the other day and won. Courtney wrestled for Centennial. For those of you who do not know, he transferred from JPII to Centennial. I will not say why, you must ask him. However, I will say this, it sets a bad example for our society that he was not punished more severly than already. Do the crime and skip the time!!!

I think Coffey's match was an exhibition, but I definetly understand your point.

The problem is that we have a trend where kids are leaving private schools and are allowed to participate in athletics at a public school without having to sit out one year from their last date of participation. Some of the examples are:

MBA QB leaves after playing some his sophmore year and is eligible to play @ Indy

Lipscomb RB & DB leaves and is allowed to play @ Ravenwood

Father Ryan girls BB players leaves and is allowed to play at Greenbrier

JP2 football player and 2X State Wrestling Champion is allowed to leave and wrestle for Centennial.

What is the deal here? Has the TSSAA lost complete control or do they even care anymore?

Edited by cbg

Did someone say TJ was not allowed to wrestle-off? Please tell me this is not true. Sounds like something eriely familiar. What really has caught my eye, and no, it was not a chair, but what is said about TJ transferring because his parents want him to be the 1st 5x champion. Does anybody else see something wrong here. They do not say it is what TJ wants.

As for Coffey, heard he wrestled against Brentwood Academy the other day and won. Courtney wrestled for Centennial. For those of you who do not know, he transferred from JPII to Centennial. I will not say why, you must ask him. However, I will say this, it sets a bad example for our society that he was not punished more severly than already. Do the crime and skip the time!!!

I don't know about if he was allowed to participate in wrestle off's or not, but an 8th grader is usually only brought up into the line-up if the high school team needs him to fill a spot. 112lbs for Baylor was being filled by a 2X state champion, so no need to fill the role. I don't know if TJ could have beaten Baily, but I guess we are going to find out later in the season. Also, if this is not the kids "dream", and it is in fact his parent's wishes, then their is something very wrong. I really hope that is not the case.