Did Baker from Van Buren really drop 43?

8Abball

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I remember you guys had a really good one in Rigsby a few years back, but I don't remember this kid. Is he new? young? or is the tennessean incorrect?

Give us more information. 43 is a big night and this kid deserves some pub.

Wish you guys were still in our old district.

Yes, the tennessean is correct - Baker did score 43 points last night against a solid marion county team. He is a junior now which would have made him a freshman our last year in the old district so that is probably why you have never heard of him. As far as pub goes I agree. He's probably one of the top players in A ball, but to my knowledge he has never played AAU (i could be wrong on that) which is what helps a lot of the other players with their recognition. I know he won't unseat any of the early favorites this year, but he could make a run for finalist in Mr. Basketball next year.

As for the old district - we miss you guys too - good luck.

Yes, the tennessean is correct - Baker did score 43 points last night against a solid marion county team. He is a junior now which would have made him a freshman our last year in the old district so that is probably why you have never heard of him. As far as pub goes I agree. He's probably one of the top players in A ball, but to my knowledge he has never played AAU (i could be wrong on that) which is what helps a lot of the other players with their recognition. I know he won't unseat any of the early favorites this year, but he could make a run for finalist in Mr. Basketball next year.

How tall is he?

How tall is he?

He is around 6'3" with probably some growing to do. He has had 3 or 4 games with over 20 points and seems to always be working on the boards for the rebound, Plus he can jump pretty good. I have watched him play and watched him get stronger each year. He seems also to have a great work ethic, he may even sleep at the gym, or would probably if they would let him.

He has the best work ethic of any high school basketball player I've seen outside of Brent Jolley when I was in school. He stays in the gym until the coach has to leave. More than that while he is in the gym he works hard. I remember this summer watching him shoot threes until he made 60. When he would miss he wouldn't walk to the ball but run it down & keep moving. When he finished with those he would move to another place & hit 60 from there.

Yes this is a very solid night for any young man on the ball court. I dont care if it was 'just' Marion co. he still had 43 points that a great night against any one. I am taking nothing away from marion co they are a good ball team. You have your good nights and your bad night. VB just had a real good game. And it is not just baker that is on this team we have a good ball team We have 5 boys that we put on the court every game that are great on any givin night i hope we see more of those nights from our kid baker. We have great big men

Yes this is a very solid night for any young man on the ball court. I dont care if it was 'just' Marion co. he still had 43 points that a great night against any one. I am taking nothing away from marion co they are a good ball team. You have your good nights and your bad night. VB just had a real good game. And it is not just baker that is on this team we have a good ball team We have 5 boys that we put on the court every game that are great on any givin night i hope we see more of those nights from our kid baker. We have great big men

What number is he?

He has the best work ethic of any high school basketball player I've seen outside of Brent Jolley when I was in school. He stays in the gym until the coach has to leave. More than that while he is in the gym he works hard. I remember this summer watching him shoot threes until he made 60. When he would miss he wouldn't walk to the ball but run it down & keep moving. When he finished with those he would move to another place & hit 60 from there.

Does he play AAU ball? What team?