TO ALL RAVENWOOD AND SMYRNA FANS

CHS 2007

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised by this, sort of expected it b/c I couldn't really find the words to say what I'm trying to say. Let me first state that it is an unfair, stereotypical generalization of "people from Williamson County", but the direct experience I had was with the rich and influential of the private school ilk. I am not one to buy into this stereotype, but I've been around Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, MBA, BA, David Lipscomb etc... and I just keep coming away with the same feeling when they are on the opposite side of the win column. Does this mean they are all like that? Of course not...just an observation.

Oh, and Page didn't give me that feeling at all.

And I guess that means everyone that lives in Nashville is rich because you drove through Green Hills once? Just do me a favor. Don't judge an entire county based on a small percent of the population.

Edited by CHS 2007

I guess your thread is starting to lose some steam CHS2007.

The venom is starting to surface again. :thumb:

Beet, the class envy card? How come I'm not surprised?

Are you inferring that a loss at Orange Mound plays better than a loss at Brentwood Academy?

Every school that fields a competitive team, that feels they have a chance to win, gripes, moans, and complains if things don't go there way. What kind of car they drove to the game in, what size of house they go back to, what kind of job they report to on Monday has ZERO to do with acting stupid.

Being upset and irrational about a high school football game knows no zip code.

Pile on to this that if you are talking about parents or siblings of the actual players, then perspective is thrown all out of wack.

Come on fromthetop2...you know all you rich guys have it made. You wear your fancy suits around the common guys while they are out painting and stuff and act like you are special. Ya'll probably even recruit to the Wilco schools and give extra money to coaches to get them to come to your fancy schools. Ya'll got it easy! Look at the fancy facilities you have at Brentwood High School. A building that was up graded only how long ago....1985? A great playing atmosphere you ruined by putting in lights that actually let you see the SW endzone. Aristocrat Antique turf with matching irrigation system installed about the time I-65 was paved. Low places on the field fixed with 5-gallon buckets and sprigged by had...irrigated with water hoses and sprinklers (why wasn't the Williamson Co Board contacted...I'm sure they would have gladly had new turf and irrigation system). Yep....You Wilco folks have had it handed to you!

There has been a lot said from both sides regarding the State Championship Game and the regular season game. Both Smyrna & Ravenwood are at fault for their behavior, but I would like to say something about the Ravenwood student section. Yes, they are loud. Yes, they can be obnoxious, particularly if you are sitting on the opposing side of the stadium. But they are loyal. They go to every game, no matter how far away. They go to watch the game, unlike many schools where the student body wanders around or congregates behind the bleachers. They go to cheer for their classmates and their friends. They make t-shirts for most every game and paint players' numbers on them. For our most devoted fans, they paint players' numbers on their bare chests. They watch every down. They remember it all because they are paying attention. They remember every late hit that one of their friends on the field took. They remember every bad call that a referee made that did not go their way. They remember the bad calls that did go their way. They remember when an opposing player acts unsportsmanlike on the field. They get involved. They go, they stand, they cheer. When their team wins, especially a huge win, they want to go on the field and celebrate. A faculty member is always there to give permission. Maybe they got too involved, but I will take that group of kids any day over most of the schools' student sections. No, they are not angels. Very few teenagers are. But they love their school and they are loyal. Most schools would be lucky to have a fan base as strong as Ravenwood. They did not just show up last Saturday night because it was the Championship Game. They have been there all year long. And no matter how good/bad Ravenwood is next year, the students will be there!

There has been a lot said from both sides regarding the State Championship Game and the regular season game. Both Smyrna & Ravenwood are at fault for their behavior, but I would like to say something about the Ravenwood student section. Yes, they are loud. Yes, they can be obnoxious, particularly if you are sitting on the opposing side of the stadium. But they are loyal. They go to every game, no matter how far away. They go to watch the game, unlike many schools where the student body wanders around or congregates behind the bleachers. They go to cheer for their classmates and their friends. They make t-shirts for most every game and paint players' numbers on them. For our most devoted fans, they paint players' numbers on their bare chests. They watch every down. They remember it all because they are paying attention. They remember every late hit that one of their friends on the field took. They remember every bad call that a referee made that did not go their way. They remember the bad calls that did go their way. They remember when an opposing player acts unsportsmanlike on the field. They get involved. They go, they stand, they cheer. When their team wins, especially a huge win, they want to go on the field and celebrate. A faculty member is always there to give permission. Maybe they got too involved, but I will take that group of kids any day over most of the schools' student sections. No, they are not angels. Very few teenagers are. But they love their school and they are loyal. Most schools would be lucky to have a fan base as strong as Ravenwood. They did not just show up last Saturday night because it was the Championship Game. They have been there all year long. And no matter how good/bad Ravenwood is next year, the students will be there!

I'm not questioning anyone's loyalty to the team. Ravenwood has some of the most loyal fans around, as does Smyrna. I'm just saying it's okay to do stuff, but when you get blasted for it, or someone does it to you, don't get so defensive. That's just being hypocritical.

Wow! Maybe the Raptor Nation should start a summer camp for all the other schools' fans so someday we can be as awesome as you all.

Wow! Maybe the Raptor Nation should start a summer camp for all the other schools' fans so someday we can be as awesome as you all.

Great idea bwoodmom!! we all should be so lucky to have the best students in the city. Once again Ravenwood is on here making out like their students, parents, teachers, alumni (oops they dont have too many of those yet) are far superior to anyone else's. It sounds like their fans are too busy watching the other sides fans and what their doing to enjoy their game. Hey Raptor stay off our side of the field and mine you own business and WATCH THE GAME!!!!!!!!

Well that is a good question, but I think the bongos are more appropriate for the Head coach. Assts may play the tambourine.

You left out the ref's or don't they have any musical talent? You don't want to disrespect these guys or they will kick everybody off the field for failure to harmonize.