TO ALL RAVENWOOD AND SMYRNA FANS

CHS 2007

I'd say the mother calling the paper to complain is pretty classless. I bet Coach Rector is pretty embarrassed about that one. He didn't sound like (in the paper) that he wanted anything to do with any of this. Good post CHS.

I bet she (suzanne baird) cannot beleive they used her name. If I had done something like that my sons would be so mad at me for stirring up a hornets nest like she did. I bet the other parents are not too happy about it either. I get the idea they are just laying low waiting for it to blow over they are not on here much anymore and I cant blame them there is nothing they can say to make it right. Mrs. Baird and other parents were too quick to call out the kids when they should have been calling out their own bunch of little thugs. And just wait until next season its going to get all started again and the Raptors are probably going to get a heavy dose of medicine this will put a huge target on their backs and they better grow some very thick skin between now and August because I am thinking they will need it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet she (suzanne baird) cannot beleive they used her name. If I had done something like that my sons would be so mad at me for stirring up a hornets nest like she did. I bet the other parents are not too happy about it either. I get the idea they are just laying low waiting for it to blow over they are not on here much anymore and I cant blame them there is nothing they can say to make it right. Mrs. Baird and other parents were too quick to call out the kids when they should have been calling out their own bunch of little thugs. And just wait until next season its going to get all started again and the Raptors are probably going to get a heavy dose of medicine this will put a huge target on their backs and they better grow some very thick skin between now and August because I am thinking they will need it.

The difference is that the players/coaches are held to a higher standard than the fans. That has always been the case at every level. If it were not the case you would see a constant repeat of the Ron Artest/Indiana/Detroit debacle in the stands every night.

The Raptor football team has nothing to do with the chants/actions of the students at the school. The Raptor coaches monitor the actions of their PLAYERS only. They too are not responsible for the action of the fans, parents, opposing players, etc.

Also, during the regular season and playoff games, fans are allowed on the field after a game. Not allowing fans on the field would have prevented the confrontation with the fans/Smyrna players during their regular season meeting. Preventing fans on the field in the first place would have prevented this whole "mess" from happening and escalating.

Lastly, quit throwing stones(calling students thugs, etc.) at glass houses. All involved need to take responsibility and quit pointing fingers and placing blame outside their house. My son was on the field and has never acted like anything but a true sportsman(or he would not be playing). Simple as that...Does that make him better or worse than others, NO. It means he is living up to an expectation. Something we all need to do in our lives at some point!!!!

Good points CHS 2007.

I have refrained from even reading the posts on the trash talking because I know what it says already.

It is boring, it is pointless, and just generates bad feelings about both schools. This is how reputations are won- and lost.

What is too readily apparent at this stage is that the best thing that happened was that Ravenwood lost; the worst thing that has happened is that Smyrna won. Both school's fan bases look worse the more this dead horse is beaten.

The season is OVER . What is done is done. Start discussing what your hopes and dreams are for next year.

I've had some dealings with some Williamson County fans before. They came to our place got shut out, but in a good close game. The "fans" sent a storm of letters and coacht posts etc.. complaining about unsafe bleachers, fireworks when we scored, questionable officiating, etc...it was really embarrassing banter...not a person ever credited the winning team...that had beat this team for the 1st and only time in school history...

Perhaps its a symptom of being rich and influential...you feel like you must get your way or at least come out with some small victory in the face of defeat. Its a pattern I've seen out of Williamson county school supporters...Weird.

Perhaps its a symptom of being rich and influential...you feel like you must get your way or at least come out with some small victory in the face of defeat. Its a pattern I've seen out of Williamson county school supporters...Weird.

You're right, there are way too many 4 story mansions in Fairview and Nolensville!

Talk about a generalization! You've obviously never seen many WilCo schools. The majority of schools aren't like that. Look at Centennial, look at Page, look at Franklin. WilCo is home to some of the state's classiest fans, both in defeat and victory. There also home to some of the least classiest. But guess what, every county has fans from both groups. I say let's just quit with the generalizations, until you've seen more than one team play. And realize there are people from all counties and all groups of life that are unclassy.

Edited by CHS 2007

I've had some dealings with some Williamson County fans before. They came to our place got shut out, but in a good close game. The "fans" sent a storm of letters and coacht posts etc.. complaining about unsafe bleachers, fireworks when we scored, questionable officiating, etc...it was really embarrassing banter...not a person ever credited the winning team...that had beat this team for the 1st and only time in school history...

Actually no, it's a pattern among people who lose. Scan this board, see what happenes when team A loses to team B when team A thinks they can win. Scan the baords, you will see excuses rise from any economic based county. Most of the crying on these boards come from the poorest areas of the state actually. Of course, it's much easier to attack wealthy and affluent isn't it? When their "unfair advantage" didn't play out?

The difference is that the players/coaches are held to a higher standard than the fans. That has always been the case at every level. If it were not the case you would see a constant repeat of the Ron Artest/Indiana/Detroit debacle in the stands every night.

The Raptor football team has nothing to do with the chants/actions of the students at the school. The Raptor coaches monitor the actions of their PLAYERS only. They too are not responsible for the action of the fans, parents, opposing players, etc.

Also, during the regular season and playoff games, fans are allowed on the field after a game. Not allowing fans on the field would have prevented the confrontation with the fans/Smyrna players during their regular season meeting. Preventing fans on the field in the first place would have prevented this whole "mess" from happening and escalating.

Lastly, quit throwing stones(calling students thugs, etc.) at glass houses. All involved need to take responsibility and quit pointing fingers and placing blame outside their house. My son was on the field and has never acted like anything but a true sportsman(or he would not be playing). Simple as that...Does that make him better or worse than others, NO. It means he is living up to an expectation. Something we all need to do in our lives at some point!!!!

Ravenwood should have a lot of pride in the way the coaches and players handled themselves nobody has questioned that. What everyone is trying to say is the student section are the ones that dished it out and it would appear the whole raptor nation paid the price thats the way it goes. I guess maybe they learned a lesson.

Are you suggesting nobody to be allowed on the field after the game? Maybe it should be that way I know all the parents and fans are eager to congratulate or console their players that would be a hard rule to accept but maybe it should be one.

Lastly, I didn't mean your school is the only one with thugs because lets face ALL the schools have them I am just suggesting its high time the raptor nation realize your school is NO different from any other schools in the state you have your thugs just like the rest of us sorry to be the one to break the news to the raptor nation but its the facts. And by the way you have no idea what goes on on the field in the middle of the game all of our "little angels" become warriors and anything goes and usually does. You would probably be shocked at what comes out of our sons mouths.Your son is probably relunctant to say anything because it sounds like you would pull him off the team. It is pretty clear you never played the game and haven't a clue what goes on during the battle. Oh! but you are the Raptors maybe is different at your school.

Not surprised by this, sort of expected it b/c I couldn't really find the words to say what I'm trying to say. Let me first state that it is an unfair, stereotypical generalization of "people from Williamson County", but the direct experience I had was with the rich and influential of the private school ilk. I am not one to buy into this stereotype, but I've been around Ravenwood, Brentwood, Franklin, MBA, BA, David Lipscomb etc... and I just keep coming away with the same feeling when they are on the opposite side of the win column. Does this mean they are all like that? Of course not...just an observation.

Oh, and Page didn't give me that feeling at all.

Actually no, it's a pattern among people who lose. Scan this board, see what happenes when team A loses to team B when team A thinks they can win. Scan the baords, you will see excuses rise from any economic based county. Most of the crying on these boards come from the poorest areas of the state actually. Of course, it's much easier to attack wealthy and affluent isn't it? When their "unfair advantage" didn't play out?

Ravenwood should have a lot of pride in the way the coaches and players handled themselves nobody has questioned that. What everyone is trying to say is the student section are the ones that dished it out and it would appear the whole raptor nation paid the price thats the way it goes. I guess maybe they learned a lesson.

Are you suggesting nobody to be allowed on the field after the game? Maybe it should be that way I know all the parents and fans are eager to congratulate or console their players that would be a hard rule to accept but maybe it should be one.

Lastly, I didn't mean your school is the only one with thugs because lets face ALL the schools have them I am just suggesting its high time the raptor nation realize your school is NO different from any other schools in the state you have your thugs just like the rest of us sorry to be the one to break the news to the raptor nation but its the facts. And by the way you have no idea what goes on on the field in the middle of the game all of our "little angels" become warriors and anything goes and usually does. You would probably be shocked at what comes out of our sons mouths.Your son is probably relunctant to say anything because it sounds like you would pull him off the team. It is pretty clear you never played the game and haven't a clue what goes on during the battle. Oh! but you are the Raptors maybe is different at your school.

My comment about my son had to do with his conduct as a player and a person on and off the field. And, yes, I have a very good "clue" as to what takes place on the field, court, etc. etc. both as a long-time player and son/brother of high school/college football coaches. So, please don't make the leap that people are clueless and uninformed as to the ways of the sports world. Been there/done that many times!

Lastly, no one was attacking your ideas. You started your response apologetically then decided to rant some more. Which is it? I never defended/accused either side just made some statements based on my experience!

Edited by jgkarl

I guess your thread is starting to lose some steam CHS2007.

The venom is starting to surface again. :lol:

Beet, the class envy card? How come I'm not surprised?

Are you inferring that a loss at Orange Mound plays better than a loss at Brentwood Academy?

Every school that fields a competitive team, that feels they have a chance to win, gripes, moans, and complains if things don't go there way. What kind of car they drove to the game in, what size of house they go back to, what kind of job they report to on Monday has ZERO to do with acting stupid.

Being upset and irrational about a high school football game knows no zip code.

Pile on to this that if you are talking about parents or siblings of the actual players, then perspective is thrown all out of wack.