Who will be the team to beat in 5a

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 4 and 6 are undoubtably the best. No disrespect to Ootlewah, you guys earned my respect for East Tennessee. Riverdale-- stop whining, you lost, its over. However for someone to say that Ootlewah, William Blount, and Dobyns Bennett beat up on each other and thats why you didn't win in the playoffs, get a clue. Look at Smyrna and Riverdales schedules, region opponents and non region, all were solid if not great teams. Riverdale played McCallie, Lincoln County, and Dickson County. Smyrna played Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Columbia. Now Smyrna lost 49-0, then won 9-7. That shows in Region 4 anyone can win on any day. You have to play every game. We didnt play the first game, we got killed. We stepped up and played the second time and won. Also three teams from Region 4 have won a State Championship in the last ten years. Region 6 also has two teams that have won the gold ball in the last ten years. Brentwood Academy won it when they were part of 5A too. So if you want to compare to the SEC, Region 4 or 6 should definately be the ones who "beat up on each other," and yet we still find ways to win. Now, back to the subject of this. The team(s) to beat next year will be:

Smyrna - We are defending State Champions first of all. Second, we are returning several starters and key playmakers. Most of the backups who will play next year started at least one game and got significant playing time.

Ootlewah - They only lost by 3 in the Semifinals in a game that went down to literally the last second. They are also returning 15 starters.

Riverdale - They are always good even if it's supposed to be a rebuliding year. The Wing-T, when run right, is very hard to stop.

White Station - Not sure again, but they are all the hype according to West Tennesseans.

Edited by stownfball08

Well we all know that Franklin Co. had a bad season this season...they went 3-7 they lost 20 Seniors but they have like 8 returing Starters and the the 3 to look for is #61 Toby Miller had 2 in leading tackles at Franklin Co. & won Best Defensive Lineman , & #88 Ryan Stovall Stovall can catch and a darn good DE will be all-region senior year , Miller will also, #11 Phillip Dixon real good Wr & #79 Billy Bob Center , hurt is back during the season but he got released the earlier this month so he's back in the Weight Room .....and if you all can remeber i do belive that FRANKLIN CO. was the one's that BEAT COOKVILLE ...and everybody that franklin co. was going to lose...nobody ever has any FAITH...

THE ROAD TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RUN"S THROUGH THE WEIGHT ROOM...

REBEL PRIDE

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

REBEL PRIDE

just wanted to document this...looks like coach britton passed riverdales slogan along down there in franklin co, but i wanted everyone to see your "REBEL PRIDE" slogan before you tried to edit it ;). coachT's gonna send you to banNED camp :thumb:

Edited by Bighurt

Well we all know that Franklin Co. had a bad season this season...they went 3-7 they lost 20 Seniors but they have like 8 returing Starters and the the 3 to look for is #61 Toby Miller had 2 in leading tackles at Franklin Co. & won Best Defensive Lineman , & #88 Ryan Stovall Stovall can catch and a darn good DE will be all-region senior year , Miller will also, #11 Phillip Dixon real good Wr & #79 Billy Bob Center , hurt is back during the season but he got released the earlier this month so he's back in the Weight Room .....and if you all can remeber i do belive that FRANKLIN CO. was the one's that BEAT COOKVILLE ...and everybody that franklin co. was going to lose...nobody ever has any FAITH...

REBEL PRIDE ######

It will be a while before Franklin County can compete consistantly against the big boys. They are improving but play in the maybe the weakest region in the state both 4 and 5A. 5A was down as a whole this year. But I must admit FC is on the right track. They have a good coach, facilities, and support. Should have closed Huntland when they built the new school.

It will be a while before Franklin County can compete consistantly against the big boys. They are improving but play in the maybe the weakest region in the state both 4 and 5A. 5A was down as a whole this year. But I must admit FC is on the right track. They have a good coach, facilities, and support. Should have closed Huntland when they built the new school.

Franklin County does have a nice, new school as well as a nice stadium and fieldhouse!

I would like to see them become competitive again. They, like Lincoln County, have gone down hill over the past few years.

I have heard a lot of good things on Britton. I don't know much about the rest of his staff, but if he has some help, they can win with the talent in that county. I think they are headed in the right direction. I look for them to compete for the region title this year.

Franklin County does have a nice, new school as well as a nice stadium and fieldhouse!

I would like to see them become competitive again. They, like Lincoln County, have gone down hill over the past few years.

I have heard a lot of good things on Britton. I don't know much about the rest of his staff, but if he has some help, they can win with the talent in that county. I think they are headed in the right direction. I look for them to compete for the region title this year.

Yea I think they will Be one of the team's fighting for the REGION CHAMPS spot cause they showed up thier last game against Cookville an won & that was a suprise and Im glad they won....TO ALL THE REBEL PLAYERS STAY STRONG & KEEP AT THE WEIGHTS YOU WILL BE GREAT THIS YEAR.....

GO REBELS

GO REBELS

Region 4 and 6 are undoubtably the best. No disrespect to Ootlewah, you guys earned my respect for East Tennessee. Riverdale-- stop whining, you lost, its over. However for someone to say that Ootlewah, William Blount, and Dobyns Bennett beat up on each other and thats why you didn't win in the playoffs, get a clue. Look at Smyrna and Riverdales schedules, region opponents and non region, all were solid if not great teams. Riverdale played McCallie, Lincoln County, and Dickson County. Smyrna played Brentwood, Ravenwood, and Columbia. Now Smyrna lost 49-0, then won 9-7. That shows in Region 4 anyone can win on any day. You have to play every game. We didnt play the first game, we got killed. We stepped up and played the second time and won. Also three teams from Region 4 have won a State Championship in the last ten years. Region 6 also has two teams that have won the gold ball in the last ten years. Brentwood Academy won it when they were part of 5A too. So if you want to compare to the SEC, Region 4 or 6 should definately be the ones who "beat up on each other," and yet we still find ways to win. Now, back to the subject of this. The team(s) to beat next year will be:

Smyrna - We are defending State Champions first of all. Second, we are returning several starters and key playmakers. Most of the backups who will play next year started at least one game and got significant playing time.

Ootlewah - They only lost by 3 in the Semifinals in a game that went down to literally the last second. They are also returning 15 starters.

Riverdale - They are always good even if it's supposed to be a rebuliding year. The Wing-T, when run right, is very hard to stop.

White Station - Not sure again, but they are all the hype according to West Tennesseans.

lol why do all you guys from yalls area have these referings like the past 10 years or the past 6 years. Go to the library and look back about 50 years up to now and see who has dominated who. This really has nothing to do with this topic but if we had a top 5 best teams ever in Tennessee the top two would be from Chattanooga and possibly top 3! But ya do that research and get back to me alright! Ill wait for you and dont try to lie either because i know the facts i jsut want you to get some info on this so u will know for yourself!

lol why do all you guys from yalls area have these referings like the past 10 years or the past 6 years. Go to the library and look back about 50 years up to now and see who has dominated who. This really has nothing to do with this topic but if we had a top 5 best teams ever in Tennessee the top two would be from Chattanooga and possibly top 3! But ya do that research and get back to me alright! Ill wait for you and dont try to lie either because i know the facts i jsut want you to get some info on this so u will know for yourself!

This was before the playoff system who knows how good they really were it just like the BCS today only worse the did not use computers they just used politics.

I know Chattanooga has had great teams in the likes of Chattanooga Baylor, City, Chattanooga Central, Brainerd, Rossville GA but the facts are were they the greatest from start to finish without a playoff system we will never know.