Who will be the team to beat in 5a

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The freshman championship was region 2 5A. I would say most of the freshmen will play JV unless they are varsity starters or see significant varsity playing time. Ooltewah still has a few key spots to fill for next year, the biggest qustion will be the QB.

I know that the majority of Coach T correspondants are from middle and east TN, which makes it easy to understand why you all left White Station out of your lists for power houses in 2007.

Graduating only 8 starters and bring a couple of 300lb freshman to the varsity line is only the beginning of the list of reasons that should put them high on everyone's list.

A prolific 3rd-year QB and experienced RB will have a great time executing the offense of one of the most talented young coaches in the state.

You have not seen the last of the Spartans by a long shot.

Look at the past 5 state championships and who they have played. Only those 2 regions have a dog in the hunt. One's a winner and one's a loser the past 5 years. :lol:

Good answer, but I think Region 2 will have a "dog in the hunt". I think the real championship game was played one week before the finals but this is just one mans opinion. I think "IMAOWL" would probably agree. The problem with Region 2 is that not unlike the SEC we spend so much time beating up on each other we are walking wounded by the end of the regular season. It may be that way in your region but I'm not as close to it so I can't comment. Anyway I would include whoever survives region 2 as contender. Top to bottom I think it is the strongest region in the state. Look at the margin of victories in all the games from that region in the regular season and in the playoffs and you will see parity. The winner of the Owls/Sym.. game was destined to be state champs and that game turned on few plays that could have gone either way.

Look at the past 5 state championships and who they have played. Only those 2 regions have a dog in the hunt. One's a winner and one's a loser the past 5 years. :thumb:

After doing some research of the scores from other regions it seems parity is in order in other places as well, but what I'd like to know is "what the heck went on in the first Riverdale / Smyrna game?????"

If people don't think Ooltewah is in the hunt for next year, you might need to do your research. They are loaded and lose very little. I would put them at #1 if I had to put money on it.

I agree...Look forward to seeing DB and the Owls at WB this fall...Go Govs.. Hope the officials don't effect either outcome...Just let the boys play...

Edited by tpoole12

your right we werent focaused but i wish we would have been cause when they are they won by 2 but when we were we won by 49

Not focused in the quarterfinals of the playoffs against one of your biggest rivals? Maybe both teams were focused and 1 wanted it more than the other. Although i believe both teams wanted it pretty bad.