Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am being honest. I assume that Quincy has a good shot, but since Murphy was injured all season, I don't know how he will do or if he will make a run for it. Also hear we have a good freshman QB.

Can you provide some insight?

i heard from a few players that they were moving chanz to QB or brandon would be playing QB.........not trying to sound almighty but from what i saw for the long time i was there they need help at QB they all either need to work on getting stronger in the arm tougher mentally and phisically plus work on accuracy and reads

I am sure someone will come along.....

who is sanders the freshman

Yeah Who is going to be the Qb at Oakland is a great question. Right now it is up to 4 people. Matthew Shaylor-Freshman last year good but not great and is more then likely not ready physically wise. Jonathan Young- Sophomore last year. He was hurt most of last year with ankle injury but is still fast and can has great throw power. Unfortunately he is not the most accurate though. Chanz Boyd-Sophomore last year. Very fast for Qb, but he has not played quarterback since 7th grade at Central. and lastly Quincy Williams-Sophomore last year. Back-up quarterback last year. Above average speed for a Qb but lacks a little arm strength, but is working very hard in the off-season as all other quarterbacks.

What I do like about Oakland is the fact that they are returning 4/5 starting offensive linemen from last year, and everybody is working very hard for the upcoming year.

Yeah Who is going to be the Qb at Oakland is a great question. Right now it is up to 4 people. Matthew Shaylor-Freshman last year good but not great and is more then likely not ready physically wise. Jonathan Young- Sophomore last year. He was hurt most of last year with ankle injury but is still fast and can has great throw power. Unfortunately he is not the most accurate though. Chanz Boyd-Sophomore last year. Very fast for Qb, but he has not played quarterback since 7th grade at Central. and lastly Quincy Williams-Sophomore last year. Back-up quarterback last year. Above average speed for a Qb but lacks a little arm strength, but is working very hard in the off-season as all other quarterbacks.

What I do like about Oakland is the fact that they are returning 4/5 starting offensive linemen from last year, and everybody is working very hard for the upcoming year.

dont overblow thier abilities and i "know" their abilities

Thanks for the info. I always thought Messick would make a good QB. Chanz is a great athlete. I could see him doing well. I am hoping that we are able to invest in someone that will be able to make a strong committment both on the field and in the classroom as well.

Brandon Messick has potential, but the coaches have not deeply considered that. I believe.

Thanks for the info. I always thought Messick would make a good QB. Chanz is a great athlete. I could see him doing well. I am hoping that we are able to invest in someone that will be able to make a strong committment both on the field and in the classroom as well.

they are both good students but trying to transition to QB is hard if u dont practice it...i found that out my fresh. year when i started playin for the first time and had to play the whole season(except first half of first game)....its not easy but u have to be a fast learner and have some toughness in you

Probably b/c he is too valuable as a receiver and will be counted on D.

they need him and chanz at wideout to help petie but some does have to throw the ball

Having a QB who can catch and throw would be great for some trick plays. :angry:

I would never have made it as a QB....so much to learn.

yeah thats true......but honestly there isnt as much to learn as people make it out to be you just have to know what information to process in and what information to leave out....like getting yelled at.....if you know what you did wrong then you dont need to hear all the rah rah but if you dont then you do need to listen.....a problem witha lot people is that they cant be told "anything" peroid