Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who does everyone think are possible candidates for mr. football in region 4 next year? i personally think ladarius verge of riverdale has a GREAT shot of winning the award for lineman, and i think jeremy mcclain also of riverdale has an outside shot at getting nomination for back, but definately all state material.

i could see sonny gray getting a nomination/possible victory for the back award. rod wilkes obviously has a chance, but considering sonny will be on the other side of his receptions and the rest of the teams, might not be so likely. josh day probably has an outside chance for nomination at lineman award, he was really solid in the championship game.

who knows, i feel like i have mentioned atleast one candidate listed, if not, region 4 would be cheated i believe.

who does everyone think are possible candidates for mr. football in region 4 next year? i personally think ladarius verge of riverdale has a GREAT shot of winning the award for lineman, and i think jeremy mcclain also of riverdale has an outside shot at getting nomination for back, but definately all state material.

i could see sonny gray getting a nomination/possible victory for the back award. rod wilkes obviously has a chance, but considering sonny will be on the other side of his receptions and the rest of the teams, might not be so likely. josh day probably has an outside chance for nomination at lineman award, he was really solid in the championship game.

who knows, i feel like i have mentioned atleast one candidate listed, if not, region 4 would be cheated i believe.

yea you hit it right on the money as far as players from Smyrna who could win.

It is spreading like wildfire that you are "talking" to Smyrna about making the move.

I assume he is referring to two kids who started at OHS, Vari and Sam who both ended up at Smyrna and not starting.

Let's not get this one going tho........ ;) sure to get things locked up.

Well I don't want to be put in the same category as them. To my understanding, they left because there was problems with the coaching staff. That isn't the case. Any move I make, whether its me staying at LaVergne or going somewhere else, it will be 100% for my future in college. Until then, I don't it should be discussed, but hey its coachT so I guess there is really nothing I can do about it lol.

Well I don't want to be put in the same category as them. To my understanding, they left because there was problems with the coaching staff. That isn't the case. Any move I make, whether its me staying at LaVergne or going somewhere else, it will be 100% for my future in college. Until then, I don't it should be discussed, but hey its coachT so I guess there is really nothing I can do about it lol.

UH,,,,,Vari was forced to leave OHS b/c of his parents getting divorced. He was living in Smyrna when he played for OHS in the first place. So nix to that theory on him. He had absolutely no control of that situation.

Sam was removed from the team for a violation of county policy . He was lucky he wasn't sent to DanielMc Kee. Ferg had the power to have sent him there, and didn't. If you talk to Sam, you will find out a few other things. You don't go from leading the region for 2 yrs in a row and one of the top receivers in the Mid-State to 5th string? Don't forget Sam did all this with TWO different QB's. ( Smith as a Soph, and Burnett as a Jr.) That showcased his ability as a receiver. MOST players could NOT have done that. Rod is lucky that he has had the same QB for the last 3 yrs. That develops quite a chemistry.

Please be careful what you say and who you say it to. Folk like to talk.....

Edited by 2priceless

UH,,,,,Vari was forced to leave OHS b/c of his parents getting divorced. He was living in Smyrna when he played for OHS in the first place. So nix to that theory on him. He had absolutely no control of that situation.

Sam was removed from the team for a violation of county policy . He was lucky he wasn't sent to DanielMc Kee. Ferg had the power to have sent him there, and didn't. If you talk to Sam, you will find out a few other things. You don't go from leading the region for 2 yrs in a row and one of the top receivers in the Mid-State to 5th string? Don't forget Sam did all this with TWO different QB's. ( Smith as a Soph, and Burnett as a Jr.) That showcased his ability as a receiver. MOST players could NOT have done that. Rod is lucky that he has had the same QB for the last 3 yrs. That develops quite a chemistry.

Please be careful what you say and who you say it to. Folk like to talk.....

Sonny and Rod is like Peyton and Marvin....they've been together since 8th grade