Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

My Picks For The Playoffs In 07' Not In Any Order

Smyrna (duh)

Riverdale (duh)

Wilson Central (I Might Have Some Support On This It's A Good Team)

Here Comes The Upset Special

BLACKMAN

Yes I Know Their Past Records But I Think The Coaches There Are Starting To Get What They Want In Place And I Wouldn't Be Suprised If Blackman Sneaks Into The Playoffs. If They Don't Then I Would Expect Oakland To Be The One Who Rains On Their Parade. LaVergne Is Losing To Much Between No Coach And A QB Who Has Been That Team For The Last Few Years. Lebanon Is Always Around But They Didn't Have Enough Weapons To Impress Me This Year. As Far As Oakland Goes They're Always Really Iffy. Don't Get Me Wrong They Have The Talent That's Obvious If You Watch Them. They Just Seem To Lack "It" Football Players Know What I Mean By "It" But As Much As I'd Love To See Oakland Take Out Riverdale And Make State They Just Seem To Fall Apart In Games And You Can't Expect To Make The Playoffs When You Can't Keep It Together The Entire Game. Anyways Those Are My Predictions. I'll See In About 10 Months If I'm Eating My Words Or People Are Singing My Praises... :thumb:

The three almost-sure playoff teams, IMO, are Smyrna, Riverdale, and Lebanon. That only leaves one spot up for grabs.

Looking at the underclassmen on Smyrna's two-deep from the BC Bowl I would expect them to be #1 in the state to start the season.

In January I'll be able to give you the playoff teams when I finish the dead-o-winter forecast.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR NOW, LaVergne has

RB Randall Tillery

OL Mike Bryant

WR Chris Gray

WR Will Johnson

WR Darnell Horton

WR Laron Gardner(switched in and out)............returning starters on offense

on defense...

DL Shane Barrett

DE Collins Ukwu

DB Justin Bather

DB Ryan Williams

DL Steven Whetstone

LB Anthony Williams

FOR NOW, LaVergne has

RB Randall Tillery

OL Mike Bryant

WR Chris Gray

WR Will Johnson

WR Darnell Horton

WR Laron Gardner(switched in and out)............returning starters on offense

on defense...

DL Shane Barrett

DE Collins Ukwu

DB Justin Bather

DB Ryan Williams

DL Steven Whetstone

LB Anthony Williams

We could use a couple DEs and a linebacker. :thumb:

Tillery would be sweet in the Wing-t too...

You can't ever have enough of the big uglies either (no offense chop and spear) :D

Playoffs--No order

1. Smyrna--"th Dawgs"--everything important is back but maybe a line. Defending state chumps :thumb:

2. Riverdale-- Can I say more, they're not #1 in the district any more, but they don't fall off much either :D

3. Lebanon-- Line will not lose much (still have 7 good line-man, TE, QB, FB, and the those twins) offense is strong. Nay hurt on D, but they will replace. :)

4. Blackman-- Should return a lot. Qb will make a big difference. :thumb:

5. Oakland-- Much like lebanon. Offense should be strong. Defence struggles. Doesn't that big tackle graduate. THANK GOD. :thumb:

these will not make playoffs

6. LA-- Lose top QB and 4 of the line-man. They mainly lose coach and OC (?)

7. Stars-- Could be better with there starting QB being lost to graduation. He was terrible. Parks was good when healthy. Could be a great job for someone in the future.

8. Worst team in the district next year. They only have Majors. Lose QB, recievers, line-man. Other words, lose a lot of cry babies in the senior class with unrealist expectations.

OK. my take on things. Teams will only be as good as their lines and that will depend on who will be willing to work HARD in the weight room in the off season.

My 'wish' list. I wish R'dale would add a couple more pass plays just to have for in case they actually have to catch up in a hurry. While I like the WingT offense, I also like the ability to put points on fast. A true hybrid offense would be hard to stop IMO.

While all the teams are losing some good players, they have always lost players and it is a never ending process that others have to step up and play. Now who will be able to actually teach them how to step up will be the difference this year.

R'dale and Smyrna will be strong as usual. Lebanon is always a question that returns some strong players. Oakland will play hard. Their winning will depend on who actually will be calling the offense. Blackman has the tools and the coaches, test will be can they actually do it now that they are playing as a team. WC, I have NO idea! LaVergne has lost ALOT to be a power this year. Siegel, well they still have Watson. I hope they turn it around, but I don't really see it happening. Sorry Siegel but I see y'all bringing up the basement again.

OK. my take on things. Teams will only be as good as their lines and that will depend on who will be willing to work HARD in the weight room in the off season.

The main reason I'm optimistic. I think we could put a darn good offensive line on the field right now. It could be a great offensive line by next fall if they commit 100%.

Defensively, I'm looking for the group of guys that will replace Mayes, Atakpu, H. Davis, Hunter, Lusk, et. al... in the fron 7. That was such an athletic, versatile group of players. We've got some good returnees in Verge, Gander, and Boykin but have to fill in the blanks...especially at DE.