Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hld on just i min there boss we win region AGAIN then we barley get beat in the playoffs by a team we beat 49 0 and all of a sudden we aint # 1 in the district ??? ummm ok anyways

OFFENSE returning about the as many this year as we did last year

mcclain

lilinthol

spurlock

julious

lawerence

DEFENSE

boykin

gander

verge

jeremy

lawerence

last year we didnt return a bunch and look what kind of team we had not returning to many more than last year but at a program at riverdale it is stacked with alot of solid back ups and ppl step up every year just like they did this year and the same thing will happean this year but more a real talented senior class coming up :)

Ill tell you what kind of team you had...you had a team get beat in the quarterfinal by a team that you beat 49-0 and they went on to win state it disturbes me a little bit that you sound satisfied by this year accomplishments...i have people come out of the wood works that are all of a sudden smyrna bulldog fans that i never knew even kept up with high school football!!! do you have talent coming back ...YES but i sure hope you are not satisfied with this year accomplishemnts watching smyrna celebrate on YOUR FEILD and then watching them celebrate a state championship that you should have been doing

Do me a favor and get off coach T and hit the weight room and beomce one of the starters on the either one of the lines and go get a state championship!!!! and please find the Daily news journal witha pciteure of smyrna celebrating and get refocused forget winning a region we are RIVERDALE we go for STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS HERE

you know i love ya kid but you got me a little fired up

Ill tell you what kind of team you had...you had a team get beat in the quarterfinal by a team that you beat 49-0 and they went on to win state it disturbes me a little bit that you sound satisfied by this year accomplishments...i have people come out of the wood works that are all of a sudden smyrna bulldog fans that i never knew even kept up with high school football!!! do you have talent coming back ...YES but i sure hope you are not satisfied with this year accomplishemnts watching smyrna celebrate on YOUR FEILD and then watching them celebrate a state championship that you should have been doing

Do me a favor and get off coach T and hit the weight room and beomce one of the starters on the either one of the lines and go get a state championship!!!! and please find the Daily news journal witha pciteure of smyrna celebrating and get refocused forget winning a region we are RIVERDALE we go for STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS HERE

WHOA.....guess you are dreading the Christmas festivities and hearing the pop in law bragging.

WHOA.....guess you are dreading the Christmas festivities and hearing the pop in law bragging.

funny you should mention that just 2 minutes ago he sends my son a picture text for me to see...it was him and one of the coaches holding the gold ball (i cant get picture because we are not allowed camera phones in the plant)

I am sure there will bbe some bulldog stuff under the tree for me at grandpas house during the christmas festivities too

Edited by riverdaleman

never did i say i was satisfied and wont be till we bring it home again and i think we will have the team to do it and trust me im doing all i can do

only two starters returning....but they were both all region.... there is nothing that will stop us this year

lilenthaw and spurlock, pope who started a couple games (at different positions he is the most versitile olineman we got) will have a starting role next year and we got some big contributers from last years line that will fill the rest of the spots.

riverdaleman, SCN was pretty tore up and really mad after the smyrna game. had to calm him down a bit, but im glad he is emotional and passionate about the game and WINNING. losing stinks especially since riverdale beat themselves twice in '06. these guys will be on a mission, smyrna/riverdale rivalry will mean more than ever. smyrna was the only scar on the c/o 2008's freshman schedule and they want to avenge that loss their senior year. the loss in november added fuel to the fire. ready to see that game, the fella who cuts my hair is a smyrna graduate and a cousin of rod wilkes and we were talking it up today. last time i had gone in there i got to bost a 49-0 win, this time he got to bost a win and a gold ball.

ultimately, after 2 years of bitter upset, these fellas want a title so bad...it would fit perfectly also, riverdale tends to have 3-4 year gaps in between titles

david sanders typical strong small back that can make you miss but can also run over you will be #1 in the spring

donovan runs like a 225 pound tb he is fearless and also has good speed

he hurts himself all the time hitting people

jarvis is faster than they give him credit for he would be a waste at fb since smyrna never runs the ball to the fb a good blocker at fb is all that is required for smyrna. jarvis will be a tb at smyrna

I do think you will see smyrna continue to do what they have for the past few years and that is be balanced with the run pass ratio they may pass a little more next yr just because they have those weapons and with other wr stepping up doubling rod may not be an option.

I heard john hendersons brother went to private school now, maybe brentwood academy??

Oh no I didn't mean they would let him get rushes at FB. I meant he should be a great blocker at FB with the size he's got. I see Jarvis as an excellent goaline rusher no doubt about it. Our poor man's Jerome Bettis. :thumb: