Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

Football and in defensive secondary is what I am hearing. I wish Scott the best. I think he has proven himself this yr. Having Coach A was THE best thing that could have ever happened to Scott. I think his confidence is at an all time high.

I respectfully disagree with you scott had confidence last year and i think our offense hurt him at any chance of playing QB in college and had to look at other avenues as an athlete scott is a very quite cocky he knows hes good but he doesnt have to tell you he just goes out there and plays i hope he does get a chance at middle that would be awesome for him and for us if he stays hopefullly his dad will stay for sure but we shall see how all that plays out

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Otter, I think there was a huge difference b/t Scott's performance on the field from last yr as he converted to a wingt QB. His passing was never really on the money, and it seemed to me that he was nervous when he had to pass. Just seemed kind of awkward. I think he knew that Gaston was the reason that the O clicked......all he had to do was get the ball to him. This yr, he had to make some decisions ....some adjustments on the field.....the game was in his hands and not Gaston's. I think with the way that A coaches made a difference. A is a Player's kind of coach and made Scott conform to his style. It was a ruff ride at first when the transition was going on. Then once Scott bought into A's plan, he saw that he was very effective as a wingt QB. His quickness and ability to save the play built his confidence and he became marketable as a college player.

Does anyone know of any really good middle school soon-to-be freshman players that could play a factor next year on a varsity squad?

I've said once and ima say it again...Jeremiah Bryson will be, in my eyes, the best freshman in the state. Has started since 6th grade. If he stays at the level he is at with his class, he could be another nation-ranked player for Smyrna like Rod.

Also, Landon Grooms, Coach Groom's son, will most dress for LaVergne varsity as a freshman. He is about 6'2 and plays QB. Some people say he will make a run for the starting spot next year. Played QB for LaVergne Middle.

Edited by HSsportsfootball

Otter, I think there was a huge difference b/t Scott's performance on the field from last yr as he converted to a wingt QB. His passing was never really on the money, and it seemed to me that he was nervous when he had to pass. Just seemed kind of awkward. I think he knew that Gaston was the reason that the O clicked......all he had to do was get the ball to him. This yr, he had to make some decisions ....some adjustments on the field.....the game was in his hands and not Gaston's. I think with the way that A coaches made a difference. A is a Player's kind of coach and made Scott conform to his style. It was a ruff ride at first when the transition was going on. Then once Scott bought into A's plan, he saw that he was very effective as a wingt QB. His quickness and ability to save the play built his confidence and he became marketable as a college player.

good post

I've said once and ima say it again...Jeremiah Bryson will be, in my eyes, the best freshman in the state. Has started since 6th grade. If he stays at the level he is at with his class, he could be another nation-ranked player for Smyrna like Rod.

Also, Landon Grooms, Coach Groom's son, will most dress for LaVergne varsity as a freshman. He is about 6'2 and plays QB. Some people say he will make a run for the starting spot next year. Played QB for LaVergne Middle.

Well yeah I remember you telling me about Bryson earlier. I've heard about another kid, I think his name is ??? Meadows.

If you know who I'm talkin about, what position does Meadows play?

Football and in defensive secondary is what I am hearing. I wish Scott the best. I think he has proven himself this yr. Having Coach A was THE best thing that could have ever happened to Scott. I think his confidence is at an all time high.

i hope it isnt the defensive secondary.......................i want to see the ball in his hands :D

What a very unusual statement! Being a Wing-T QB really hurt Brett Farve, Chad Pennington, Rich Gannon. Farve and Pennington were in the offense in HS and seem to have done quite well since. Gannon was in the offense in college and made the jump to the NFL, AND they ran your grandaddy's wing-T. For the record (now read this very slow) Riverdale ran an option offense along with some newer wing stuff.

Tell you what to do..........take some of your Tenn spread offense teams down to Georgia (they play pretty good HS football down there) and play some of those wing teams; you might get a new appreciation of the offense.

Heck one of the very best offenses in college (Florida) basically ran an even older offense............ever heard of the Single Wing? Tebow might could get a tip or two from Johnny Majors; they both ran similar plays in college.

Did you like the misdirection stuff from Air Force vs Tenn (did they have equal players?). How about Navy; did you see them this year; they did quite well vs better calibre teams AND how about Boise State.

There could be a new wind that is a blowin!

If a young HS QB has the ability, he will play in college regardless of his HS offense. I think that Scott has a chance from what little I saw him..........my only question about him is his foot speed. He looks quick to me, but not fast! That is only my very limited opinion.

there are so many things i would like to address in this post but i wont go after allof it and just say i respectfully disagree with some of your statements 1 thing i will directly address is spread offense vs wing T...i am not a fan of the wing T because of the more disiplined defeneses in 5A every defense has to stop the run against a wing T they dont even worry about a pass there has to be some respect for the pass but in our offense there was not also i have not seen a spread offense do a whole lot either so i am not totally for a spread either not many teams have the athletes do run a spread and win a state championship and if they do they usually have a great tailback they want to run the ball with

I heard Ladarius Verge For Riverdale has moved to DE

Who would be the starters at the DT position

he is rumored to even though i talk to him daily im not sure if its official but he is also rumored to be playing TE on the offensive side next year. if darius does play DE, o-linemen david spurlock (played with the DL in goal line situations this year) and travis lilenthaw will probably start at tackles. deandre miller has a chance also pending his health, he's had knee problems since his freshman year and only got to play for a single drive this year against lincoln county in the playoffs before reinjuring it again.