Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

didnt he tell u yet?

this was still supposed to be under wraps, notice me "playing dumb" with Sweep Left. riverdale lost a good one, but this senior class has been under him 2 years and will remember what was taught and hold the rope. interesting to see who is up next

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for the Dead-o-Winter 2007 4-5A Forecast.

Look for Region 4-5A to be even more competitive than last year with more than a few twists and surprises. Here's how they stack up headed into spring:

1. Riverdale 109 Points

2. Smyrna 107 Points

3. Blackman 101 Points

4. Lavergne 98 Points

5. Lebanon 95 Points

6. Siegel 94 Points

7. Oakland 73 Points

8. Wilson Central 71 Points

Look for Riverdale and Smyrna to battle for the top spot and for Blackman/Lavergne/Lebanon/Siegel to have an absolute war for the last two spots. Expect the Week zero game between Blackman and Lavergne to have a major impact on the race.

The Dead-o-Winter forecast rewards teams that have large returning rosters and lots of returning seniors. Oakland and WC have neither and will need to rely heavily on their junior classes if they want to make a run.

The Dead-o-Winter forecast is based on the 2006 rosters and is calculated as follows:

# Returning Players -- one point per player with a max points 44

#Returning Seniors -- one point per player with a max points 26

# Players receiving post season recognition -- This is all-region, all-state, all-area, or being listed as a statistical leader in the final regular season DNJ stats. One point for each player.

# Players receiving preseason recognition --- did not receive post-season recognition but still on roster and recognized in the Murphy Fair magazine. One-half point per player.

Weight > 250 -- one-half point per player

Weight > 190 -- one-third point per player

Speed -- My assessment of returning team speed (range was 5-7 points)

Intangibles -- my assessment of coaching situation, tradition, enthusiasm around the program, etc... (range was 5-8 points)

2006 Playoff -- One point for each round that a team reached in the playoffs. For instance, Smyrna received 5 points and Lavergne received two.

All of the usual disclaimers apply and I reserve the right to change my predictions at any time. :lol:

No way! that my Cats going to be dead last; we may shock some folks!

sam in the glade

I don't think any awards. He did get recognition for all region and stuff though.

You don't pay attention very well ;) He received the award for being the toughest and most determined player. The name escapes me, but it is not the James Hutchinson award, and I don't believe that it is Ray Hughes award. There are three and I can't think of last at the moment.

You don't pay attention very well ;) He received the award for being the toughest and most determined player. The name escapes me, but it is not the James Hutchinson award, and I don't believe that it is Ray Hughes award. There are three and I can't think of last at the moment.

I paid attention. I just don't have a good memory. Didn't Andrew McGowan get the James Hutchinson award. Stell did get an award though. I now remember.

Edited by OakIand