Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

Not a very positive coach. Doubt that you were ever around him in the locker room or classroom. I was...not locker room. I'm not saying he's a bad person just not a good head coach.

2p....what do you think.

Ill take your word for it, but he's been pretty successful everywhere he's been. Oakland went 11-10 in his 2 seasons and those teams laid the groundwork for the future success. Im not praising Butler, but just stating facts, Im not a fan of butler, by any means, but you cant deny what he did. Yes he sweared like a sailor and yes his methods were rash and unorthodox, but it got Oakland back to being a good football program

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I will say about Coach Butler is that he knows his football backwards and forwards. His emotions have gotten the best of him more than once...including this yr at Siegel. He was removed from there early in the season.......and then seemed to be coaching again at the end. Not sure how that was pulled off. His methods are definitely "questionable" and he ran off a lot of good athletes at OHS.....

Then he has been at Sewanee, a JUCO school in ALA, Cumberland, and now Siegel all this since 97/98. Tells me maybe he hasn't changed after all. It is a shame b/c the man knows his stuff. I guess the best word to describe him is "intense. "Others would say "violent."

Edited by 2priceless

All I will say about Coach Butler is that he knows his football backwards and forwards. His emotions have gotten the best of him more than once...including this yr at Siegel. He was removed from there early in the season.......and then seemed to be coaching again at the end. Not sure how that was pulled off. His methods are definitely "questionable" and he ran off a lot of good athletes at OHS.....

Then he has been at Sewanee, a JUCO school in ALA, Cumberland, and now Siegel all this since 97/98. Tells me maybe he hasn't changed after all. It is a shame b/c the man knows his stuff. I guess the best word to describe him is "intense. "Others would say "violent."

unless you know somthing i dont he is still at ootlewah i saw him during the playoffs

a D coach can really fire up his D with being so intense..

There is nothing wrong with how he is..

This is a thin line b/t intensity and abuse.....and trust me YOU wouldn't like Butler at his worst/ and neither would Pico.

My son played for the guy.....I know.

I wish the very best for Rick as he really is a nice guy. However, I feel that sticking with the Kats is probably the best place for him where he is dealing with adults instead of kids.

Edited by 2priceless