Big 9 Confrence

32-34combo

McConnell is out for at least a week with an ankle injury, and I'm not too sure about Edwards but I am pretty sure he was the 2nd post off of the bench... As far as varsity players playing on JV, how is that cheating? You are allowed 6 quarters a day per TSSAA rules... Please do not kid your self every school in the state does that. As far as starters, Sylvester is the only one of the bunch that starts varsity, and it has just been told to me that he does not play on the JV squad anymore. I stand corrected. But still, give me Sylvester on the JV squad and I honestly like our chances more than that worthless effort put forth by the Varsity the other night...

Edited by TribeAllDaWay

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If McConnell and Edwards got on the floor during the varsity game the other night I didn’t notice them. And they surely didn’t make a difference in the varsity game…now did they? And do I have to explain to you why they look so extraordinary on the JV court verses not being noticed on the Varsity floor, or can you figure that one out yourself??? Once again you DB hopefuls think you have all the players and all the answers!! And wouldn’t that be considered cheating to have a varsity starter even dress out JV??? I see why you guys always think your future is so bright. No other school would allow a varsity starter or a player that sees significant time on the varsity court play JV. No wonder your heads are in the clouds!

Hmmmm, maybe thats why people are in an uproar about coach Morgan. Edwards shouldve played so so so much more, and McConnell is hurt. And also Reed King plays on the JV. You still have no clue about DB. Just because you have a job and your highschool days are way over, make you no better or smarter than highschoolers.

Oh I was not aware there was no 6 quarter rule anymore. I do, however, think it would be better if there were to limit the amount of time the Varsitys can play so the younger players can get more action, but a rule is a rule. It is in no way cheating, and I do not know of a school around here that does not play Varsity players on the Junior Varsity. It would be different if there were seniors on the JV team. I dont know if that is against the rules or not, but I do know that DB has not had a senior play on the JV team in my time in Kingsport in any sport. If you aren't good enough to see the court on Varsity as a senior, you probably just need to get out.

Edited by TribeAllDaWay

The six quarter rule went by the wayside last year. If you have players playing both the can play all eight quarters now. It is not cheating if you have a player who starts on the varisity play on the Jv team.

Yea I know it’s not legally cheating…but do you really want to win a JV game so bad that you would risk injury to a major contributor or starter on Varsity? At THS that does not happen. I know varsity underclassmen that barley get on the court in the varsity games but still don’t get to play JV at THS. Can anybody other than DB say that their school allows major contributors on varsity to also play on JV? Sounds a little desperate to me.

Major contributors? Like who? As I said in an earlier post, Sylvester does not play Junior Varsity anymore. McGue, McConnell, Riggs, and Edwards, albeit get significant minutes, are still no more than role players this year. There are no "major contributors" on the DB JV team. Sounds to me like you are the desperate one... Desperate to find something to get on DB about...

Edited by TribeAllDaWay

My advice to you guys is to just ignore cap1. Don't respond to his posts. He's a knucklehead with a chip on his shoulder when it comes to DB. He's proven it many times over with his comments in other threads.

What are you talking about clown…I don’t have a chip on my shoulder about anybody! And I don’t think that I have said anything that the majority of the DB fans don’t agree with…except that I don’t think that the DB JV could beat the Viking varsity :) . And that’s just a matter of opinion. So if you have a problem with something that I have said just say so…it’s not that big a deal! :)

Edited by Cap1

Major contributors? Like who? As I said in an earlier post, Sylvester does not play Junior Varsity anymore. McGue, McConnell, Riggs, and Edwards, albeit get significant minutes, are still no more than role players this year. There are no "major contributors" on the DB JV team. Sounds to me like you are the desperate one... Desperate to find something to get on DB about...

You know what…I really don’t care. It was just something to talk about. It seems like you guys are so up tight. :)

The Vikings play the Toppers tonight…so believe me I have enough to worry about! I see you guys have East. I think you match up well...it should be a good game.