Big 9 Confrence

32-34combo

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB has not even played a "Good" team yet. The wins they have this year are more due to the other team screwing up at the end of the game and not that much due to anything DB has done. It took everybody 10 years to figure out that Daniels could not coach and it looks like its gonna' take even longer with Morgan. If Sensabaugh turns this team around when he returns then he is the best player in the state.

Waco,

Throughout football season I enjoyed your posts and your sense of humor. Since the loss in football playoffs and into basketball season, I have seen you for what you are: a fair weather fan.

WaCo,

Daniels was only the head coach at D-B for 6 years. And I think you are being overly hard on this team, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it...I also think you are being a bit hard on the teams they have played, Cherokee had only lost to Science Hill and Greeneville, East was 4-1 in the conference, Austin East is expected to contend in their conference, Central has played well at times this year, and so on...I prefer to enjoy the effort and continue to encourage and cheer for the achievements...nobody "screwed up" in Rogersville and D-B jumped out early against East (just to use the most recent examples)...and if the opposition "screwed up at the end of the game" is your excuse for some wins, then you must go back to last year for two wins over Volunteer (2x in overtime) and both regular season wins over South, and one win over Tennessee High, and a win over Science Hill, and at least two wins over Central , and a win over Morristown West...and gosh, maybe that is how basketball goes, huh?...or maybe you are trying to use that reverse psychology to reattach the so-called chip they had on their shoulder last year...I don't know...they are 6-4, not where they would like to be but better that 5-5 or less...do you believe the media with their opinions on who is supposed to be good?...if so, then okay, they are not up to expectations...but are they playing hard?...I'd say at least most of them most of the time...is that good enough?...well, for who?...they aren't playing for you and me; they have to be true to themselves and honest with their self assessments...they are high school kids.

maroonandgrey,

I think the D-B vs. Gate City game begins at 7:00pm.

I'll try to find out for sure.

Roll Tribe Roll

Well said Skunk!

Big 9 conference is totally up for grabs. Science Hill is not playing like a clear cut favorite, they have only been more consistent than everybody else. I do not look for anyone to go very far from the Big 9 this year. I still think Science Hill will take it but I think there are about three or four teams in the conference capable of beating them if they play 4 quarters of ball.

Waco,

Throughout football season I enjoyed your posts and your sense of humor. Since the loss in football playoffs and into basketball season, I have seen you for what you are: a fair weather fan.

At first I thought I'd hand you the Mo-Ron of the day award for that post. But then I thought maybe I should just play along and be a "True" DB fan. You know, "our coaches are the greatest", "we're #1 in the state", "we're gonna' win state" bla, bla, bla. So here you go........

Never mind that Graham Clark blowes it every time DB gets to the playoffs, I still support him 100%. Who cares if DB is ranked #1 in the state then gets beat in the first round every year. Sure its a little embaressing, and everybody makes fun of us, but Clark is a great coach during regular season. Never mind that Morgan has taken a awsome freshman basketball team and molded them into a team that can't shoot, rebound, block out, shoot foul shots, or stay out of foul trouble. He has taken a team picked to win the Big 9 by just about everybody (not just sportswriters) almost to the celler. Their win over Cherokee last week was called a upset. But like a true DB fan I still support him 100%. He is doing a great job. Actually he is the best coach in east tn. It really doesn't matter if your coach is any good, just say their good and every thing will be all right.

WaCo,

Daniels was only the head coach at D-B for 6 years. And I think you are being overly hard on this team, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it...I also think you are being a bit hard on the teams they have played, Cherokee had only lost to Science Hill and Greeneville, East was 4-1 in the conference, Austin East is expected to contend in their conference, Central has played well at times this year, and so on...I prefer to enjoy the effort and continue to encourage and cheer for the achievements...nobody "screwed up" in Rogersville and D-B jumped out early against East (just to use the most recent examples)...and if the opposition "screwed up at the end of the game" is your excuse for some wins, then you must go back to last year for two wins over Volunteer (2x in overtime) and both regular season wins over South, and one win over Tennessee High, and a win over Science Hill, and at least two wins over Central , and a win over Morristown West...and gosh, maybe that is how basketball goes, huh?...or maybe you are trying to use that reverse psychology to reattach the so-called chip they had on their shoulder last year...I don't know...they are 6-4, not where they would like to be but better that 5-5 or less...do you believe the media with their opinions on who is supposed to be good?...if so, then okay, they are not up to expectations...but are they playing hard?...I'd say at least most of them most of the time...is that good enough?...well, for who?...they aren't playing for you and me; they have to be true to themselves and honest with their self assessments...they are high school kids.

maroonandgrey,

I think the D-B vs. Gate City game begins at 7:00pm.

I'll try to find out for sure.

Roll Tribe Roll

Wow, only 6 years! I thought it was at least 10. So it only took him 6 years to destroy the basketball program. But he did improve his golf game. Maybe now that he's athletic director he can destroy all DB sports. And its not the team, its the coach.

At first I thought I'd hand you the Mo-Ron of the day award for that post. But then I thought maybe I should just play along and be a "True" DB fan. You know, "our coaches are the greatest", "we're #1 in the state", "we're gonna' win state" bla, bla, bla. So here you go........

Never mind that Graham Clark blowes it every time DB gets to the playoffs, I still support him 100%. Who cares if DB is ranked #1 in the state then gets beat in the first round every year. Sure its a little embaressing, and everybody makes fun of us, but Clark is a great coach during regular season. Never mind that Morgan has taken a awsome freshman basketball team and molded them into a team that can't shoot, rebound, block out, shoot foul shots, or stay out of foul trouble. He has taken a team picked to win the Big 9 by just about everybody (not just sportswriters) almost to the celler. Their win over Cherokee last week was called a upset. But like a true DB fan I still support him 100%. He is doing a great job. Actually he is the best coach in east tn. It really doesn't matter if your coach is any good, just say their good and every thing will be all right.

Everyone was disappointed with the football season. Every team in 5A with the exception of Smyrna was unhappy how thier season ended. The basketball season has started off a little rocky, but they have put back to back wins together with alot of basketball left to be played. With baketball and baseball, it doesn't matter how you play early in the season. all that matters is how you are playing come tournament time. I believe that they will be in good shape in late February. If they don't go to the state tournament I will still applaud the effort they gave. I'd love it for them to win it all, but these kids need us to stand by them and thier coaches through the losses.

Everyone was disappointed with the football season. Every team in 5A with the exception of Smyrna was unhappy how thier season ended. The basketball season has started off a little rocky, but they have put back to back wins together with alot of basketball left to be played. With baketball and baseball, it doesn't matter how you play early in the season. all that matters is how you are playing come tournament time. I believe that they will be in good shape in late February. If they don't go to the state tournament I will still applaud the effort they gave. I'd love it for them to win it all, but these kids need us to stand by them and thier coaches through the losses.

OK.....Charlie