Lake County vs. Union City.....any predictions?

mab21

If UC wins this game....so what? It's December. WHOLE lot of basketball left to be played. UC fans should hope their team is not peaking in the second week of December. LC still has a ways to go, but I'm confident they will get there. LC may not win this game, but I might look for a different outcome later in the season.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If UC wins this game....so what? It's December. WHOLE lot of basketball left to be played. UC fans should hope their team is not peaking in the second week of December. LC still has a ways to go, but I'm confident they will get there. LC may not win this game, but I might look for a different outcome later in the season.

If that's the attitude of the Lake County players..Union City will win by more than 20 points...Union City is not like a Whitby coached team is...A team that is tournament ready in the regular season and knocked out in the regionals..I don't get where people are saying UC is or has already peaked...They have alot of room for improvement....Union City is actually doing much better than most of the experts thought they would be doing early on.....They will get much better by tournament time..They are missing alot of easy shots inside and missing free throws right now....Things they can and will improve on....

I dont think that a zone is the best thing 4 Lake Co.Their going to get beat bad whatever they play.U want the other guys to shoot the 3's to beat u.Lets see,theres Jeremy Simpson,Ryan Simpson,Andre Coby,and Camron Callicott that also shoot 3's.Bigster and 007 always talk about shootn over the long arms of Lake co,I dont think the long arms botherd Dresden,Brighton,Greenfield,So I dont think that they will bother Union City.We have playd teams with long arms.You guys will have more problems to deal with than we will.Try and beat our press the whole nite,see if Copeland can make it thru the uptempo pace,u dont have a strong bench,and if u try and press us,we will score over a hundred against again.

I think that lake couny press is better than Union city. Lake county played halls and halls didnt get the ball up the court but 4 or 5 times in the first courter. Scored a total of 3 points the score was 24-3. I know union city and halls are alot different but the press of lake county was very effective the first score of the ball game by halls was the 1:30 mark in the quarter when a foul shot was made for halls. The second of the score was a demarkas shot at the 40 sec mark in the quarter. Lake County back off its pressure and they score a little more when lake county worked on the man to man. I say lake county will go to the thunderdome and win. dont discount lake county if a very good club that can excute the press better than union city can. With the long arms and quickness of lake county can force alot of tournovers. The pressure against halls was the best pressure on the press ive see all year by lake county. We could have beat halls worse than union city did trust me on that. But what is the point in that.

I'm going with Union City 72-63. Lake Co. won't go down without a fight. It definitely won't be a 15-20 point game.

Thats what I think. It will be close. I've watched UC play Covington and Dresden and they shoot to many 3's. And, lets not forget that Haywood had them down by 15 points at 1 time. UC is good, but not 20 points better than Lake Co.

Thanks for re-stating what I posted......I would much rather YOU expect Springer to have a break-out game than him to think it.... :lol:

i think it a better shot of what i said than someone think that union city will beat lake county by 20. Said it first it wont happen lake county plays better def than union city. If its a low scoring game than lake county will beat them by 10 points and if the game is fast paced then it could be a close one. but beating a team by 30 or 60 points doesnt make u a better team. If you press all nite then lake county could beat halls worse than union city. Lake county could have beatin halls 96 to 20 if they pressed the whole nite. But we called the press off so that we could work on the half court d with both sets of players. So lake county will be the best team that union city has seen so far. Dont worry about the scores they dont mean anything but a win. Lake county is like haywood but better coached.

i think it a better shot of what i said than someone think that union city will beat lake county by 20. Said it first it wont happen lake county plays better def than union city. If its a low scoring game than lake county will beat them by 10 points and if the game is fast paced then it could be a close one. but beating a team by 30 or 60 points doesnt make u a better team. If you press all nite then lake county could beat halls worse than union city. Lake county could have beatin halls 96 to 20 if they pressed the whole nite. But we called the press off so that we could work on the half court d with both sets of players. So lake county will be the best team that union city has seen so far. Dont worry about the scores they dont mean anything but a win. Lake county is like haywood but better coached.

I'm sure the Humboldt people will be on you for thinking Lake Co is the best team Union City has played this far....Only two more days till gametime....

I agree with Backintheoc's game analysis in his first post...(up until that shaking thunderdome part :thumb:) but I think the game will be within 15 either way.

I don't think the LC being better comment was a slap at Humbolt, if I am correct, and I usually think I am :lol:, It was really early for humbolt. We won't know that till LC faces Humbolt.

Edited by Themightymac