Wartburg vs. Greeneville?

pianomaster3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shocker0

Ok Rangerbrook, time for you and your new little friend to remember that this thread ISN'T ABOUT YOU. Go start a "pitiful A teams that are worse than Unaka thread" and bash each other there :o

Barb, I took you up on your advice but the thread got closed! See if I ever listen to you again :)

Wartburg is playing Greeneville because the rest of their schedule is well... lacking. The district is really down this year and they really need to get a look at a top notch team because they wont see one the rest of the year until tourneys. Greeneville will be a great game for them a let them know were they really stand. I'm just sorry I can't make this one. GO DOGS PLAY HARD!!

89-61...after the first quarter it really got ugly.

This score may be a little misleading though, Wartburg actually was a pretty good basketball team. Greeneville played really well tonight and shot the ball extremely well. I was pretty impressed with Wartburg they had good size and they moved well. The press really seemed to hurt them tonight because Greeneville got some fast break layups off the press. Wartburg should do well in Single A. It was good to see Greeneville put up a really good game, Bailey and Anderson played great tonight. Lance Bailey really stepped up his game with starter Seth Ottinger out due to an injury. If Greeneville plays as they did tonight they will be hard to beat.

how did it get ugly? I heard wartburg got a lot of fouls and shannon got a technical for hanging onto the rim after a dunk and fouled out. I'm upset that I missed this game because it sounds like the dogs played well. Does anyone know top scorers or anything like that?

Wartburg didn't get a lot of fouls...they fouled a lot. And Shannon's T was the correct call. He hung on the rim...no reason for it... there wasn't a player under him that he needed to avoid... there wasn't a player within 3 feet of him. It could have been worse if Greeneville had been hitting from the line. The dogs played well for the first quarter but Greeneville's defense stepped up and harassed them into turnovers and bad shots. They handled the ball poorly in the second half and missed a lot of easy baskets. Wartburg has a lot of talent and will do well, but they lacked patience and discipline against Greeneville last night.

Wartburg didn't get a lot of fouls...they fouled a lot. And Shannon's T was the correct call. He hung on the rim...no reason for it... there wasn't a player under him that he needed to avoid... there wasn't a player within 3 feet of him. It could have been worse if Greeneville had been hitting from the line. The dogs played well for the first quarter but Greeneville's defense stepped up and harassed them into turnovers and bad shots. They handled the ball poorly in the second half and missed a lot of easy baskets. Wartburg has a lot of talent and will do well, but they lacked patience and discipline against Greeneville last night.

Looks like wartburg must have played pretty good to have scored 61 against a really good team thats more than any one else has scored on them so far this year and yes wartburg will foul a lot thats the style of ball they play i wounder if riding a bus for 2 1/2 hours had any affect on the team

Looks like wartburg must have played pretty good to have scored 61 against a really good team thats more than any one else has scored on them so far this year and yes wartburg will foul a lot thats the style of ball they play i wounder if riding a bus for 2 1/2 hours had any affect on the team

Greeneville played reserves most of the last period. Stopped pressing early in the 3rd. Wartburg scored most of their pts late in the second half when Greeneville started to sub.

Wartburg was down 9 midway thru the second quarter, and then Greeneville went on 9-0 run to end the half... and picked it up straight into the second half.... That was the difference maker.... Shannon had 24? and Wiggins had 22?... something like that.... and Greeneville played Wiggins until close to 3 minutes left in the game, and when he's in Reserves look pretty good.... Wartburg played all but 3 players too, so to say Wartburg scored their share against "reserves" was uncalled for, because it was reserves on reserves and Wiggins play close to 29 minutes.... Should be interesting when Greeneville comes to Wartburg, because the ref's will have seen wartburg play, and the refs last night didn't and they probley called some fouls that wouldn't have been called around Region 2.... Well About the "T" on Shannon.... I can see the point in calling it, but Why call it? He didn't hurt nobody, and its not like he hung on it and slapped the back board or even just hung on it for longer than 2 secs..... but I was impressed with The Dawgs passion against probly one of the best teams in the State.

yeah, I agree about the call for hanging on the rim....But, I heard that one of Greeneville's guys went down the court and did the exact same thing and got nothing called on him. That's pretty bad.

Wiggins and the rest of the starters were out at the 6 minute mark in the fourth quarter. Wartburg only had 49 or 51 points on Greeneville until the starters went out. No one else hung on the rim like the guy from wartburg. The technical was the correct call. No one else was around him so he could have easily dropped to the floor. Greeneville could have scored 100 if they would have kept the starters in.

yeah, I agree about the call for hanging on the rim....But, I heard that one of Greeneville's guys went down the court and did the exact same thing and got nothing called on him. That's pretty bad.

A player is allowed to hang on the rim if there are players beneath him and he could injure himself or another player. Shannon's dunk was totally uncontested...noone from either team was anywhere close to him...he was all alone in the paint. Wiggins however, dunked in traffic. Players from both teams were in the paint. Now I have to agree that there really wasn't any harm done by Shannon's hot dog dunk but he did swing a bit from the rim for no reason other than to show off...or issue a challenge, which Mr Wiggins was more than happy to oblige.

As far as reserves, Wartburg scored 19 pts in the 4th, and gave up 20...16 of Greeneville's were scored by reserves. Wartburg still had starters in at the 1:30 mark because they were still fouling out...

Pianomaster, I was wondering how long it would take one of you to whine about officiating. Just be glad the Devils only went 18-27 from the line.

The Greeneville paper had a pretty good assessment of the game...

http://greenevillesun.com/index.php?templa...p;newsid=135760

Edited by barb