university high at unaka

doctorj

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to see half of the jv game and boys varsity last night. Highlanders were off. One problem Unaka has is no size. If #20 isn't in the game they can't get a rebound. UH was not a powerhouse. Something is missing on this team. This Unaka bunch is not like the teams that went to the state. Easy to predict, man to man defense, nothing else. Every team knows that so they prepare for it.

UH struggled against the zone earlier this year but not one time did Unaka ever try it to see if it could work.

Unaka needs to develop a big man who can score inside. The JV had a couple of big boys 55 and one who played on the varsity I think Bowers. Maybe they can make good players down the road because I'm seeing a drop off in talent when you get past those seniors. Right now I take UH and Cloudland because of it's big men.

Is the Cloudland boys and girls in the Unaka tournament?

I got to see half of the jv game and boys varsity last night. Highlanders were off. One problem Unaka has is no size. If #20 isn't in the game they can't get a rebound. UH was not a powerhouse. Something is missing on this team. This Unaka bunch is not like the teams that went to the state. Easy to predict, man to man defense, nothing else. Every team knows that so they prepare for it.

UH struggled against the zone earlier this year but not one time did Unaka ever try it to see if it could work.

Unaka needs to develop a big man who can score inside. The JV had a couple of big boys 55 and one who played on the varsity I think Bowers. Maybe they can make good players down the road because I'm seeing a drop off in talent when you get past those seniors. Right now I take UH and Cloudland because of it's big men.

Is the Cloudland boys and girls in the Unaka tournament?

Its all boys. Cloudland, Hampton, Unaka, Temple, Harriman, and Oohtewah.