District 2-AA

Shotdoc

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't see where anyone predicted that Rutledge would win. Pf is the clear favorite to win the district and anything less would be underachieving for a team that returns as much experience as they do. I would be suprised if they lost a game in the district this year.

Maybe they have not learn the system yet like you teach it at RMS I understand that is the way you coach RMS. May be coach Combs could learn a thing or two for You. May be you can ofter your vase basketball knowledge.

I was at the Rut. and GP game last night and Rut. didn't look like everyone has made them out to be. GP which will be a last place contender in our Dis. was in control the whole game. I'm not putting down anyone but all this talk about Rut. being the Dis. Champ has to stop!! The title will go to the winner of the PF vs Cla. Co. games

I wouldn't count out either team just yet. There's not a huge difference top to bottom in this district especially on home courts. GP's got a new coaching staff and a new attitude it looks like, since they've already won as many as last year. PF is going to be the odds on favorite, this is probably their year for the great bunch of seniors, after this year the cupboard gets kind of bare for Mike Wright.

I wouldn't count out either team just yet. There's not a huge difference top to bottom in this district especially on home courts. GP's got a new coaching staff and a new attitude it looks like, since they've already won as many as last year. PF is going to be the odds on favorite, this is probably their year for the great bunch of seniors, after this year the cupboard gets kind of bare for Mike Wright.

They won by 3. Is UC that good or did Cla. Co play bad?

My bad I clicked on the wrong reply.

well i saw rut and gp play and i was very disappointed. whoever said rut was going to win the district has clearly not seen them this year. gp and pf play this week this will determine if anybody has a chance to beat pf besides claiborne. mcbee played horrible and so did #11 there is no way they are a better tandom then schleif and woodrick. nough said

well i saw rut and gp play and i was very disappointed. whoever said rut was going to win the district has clearly not seen them this year. gp and pf play this week this will determine if anybody has a chance to beat pf besides claiborne. mcbee played horrible and so did #11 there is no way they are a better tandom then schleif and woodrick. nough said

You're right. PF has this best tandem of guards in the district. GP would have to have a great night, especially with two key players out. Their odds are much, much better in the rubber game at home later when both these players are back (Dyer, Holzer). Funny how kids forget the odds sometimes or how easily teams can be overlooked on a given night.

I tried to tell everyone that Rutledge would struggle to replace Hudson and Reischling this year, but no one would listen. Both of those guys are playing college ball, and you don't just stick anyone in to replace guys like that. They took all of the pressure off of McBee and Horsley. I think the only people that were pushing Rutledge as a contender were the Pigeon Forge people on here. They were doing that to try and deflect the spotlight from them. As I have previously stated on here PF is the favorite and will probably not lose in the district. I do believe that Rutledge will improve, but right now they have no chemistry.

Claiborne County played Union County Friday night and only won by 2 pts. What is the deal with that because I thought Claiborne was supposed to be good. I am not putting down Union but that is a close game. Any info on that game please? Also G-P beat Rutledge by 15 or something. I have seen G-P play and they are very weak and they beat a Rutledge team who everyone is speculating to be a contender in the district. If they can't beat G-P, the only thing that they will be contending for is last place. Any information on that game as well?