West Greene High School

gonehome

Bottom line is if west greene wants to turn this thing around they wil find or make a position for a qualified coach. do you not think that if george quarles from maryville wanted the job they would find a position. Out of all the names that have been mentioned for this job list who you think stands the best chance of getting thejob when you take into account experience, political pull etc.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenlee

Petit

Pearson

Williams

Bledsoe ?????

Jeff Bowden

with the list of names is the board of ed. going to change its policy and hire early or are they going to let everyone get hired elsewhere or let all the coaches in the playoffs get hired before thay make a decesion in the spring. for the overall success of the program the hire has got to take place before 2nd semester so the new guy is not fighting the time element so badly. this would be one thing the board can do to show that they are willing to make a commitment.

with the list of names is the board of ed. going to change its policy and hire early or are they going to let everyone get hired elsewhere or let all the coaches in the playoffs get hired before thay make a decesion in the spring. for the overall success of the program the hire has got to take place before 2nd semester so the new guy is not fighting the time element so badly. this would be one thing the board can do to show that they are willing to make a commitment.

What's taking so long to name a coach?Anybody no!Is Bible the one that will hire the coach or the school board?

i know that larry bible willhave the final say in who the new coach is , but what i wonder is barry carter going to have any say so since he is the athletic director. sometimes when the AD is the ex- head coach that can cause al kinds of problems. do you think that barry will be supportive of the new coach.

i know that larry bible willhave the final say in who the new coach is , but what i wonder is barry carter going to have any say so since he is the athletic director. sometimes when the AD is the ex- head coach that can cause al kinds of problems. do you think that barry will be supportive of the new coach.

oh no I hope Carter doesn't have any say in it. And the way the coaches are at west greene there will be no support to the new coach, because all the the coaches are jealous of each other( There are only three coaches at wg that cares about the sports down there), and thats why west greene is awful in everything. No support by any other coaches.

oh no I hope Carter doesn't have any say in it. And the way the coaches are at west greene there will be no support to the new coach, because all the the coaches are jealous of each other( There are only three coaches at wg that cares about the sports down there), and thats why west greene is awful in everything. No support by any other coaches.

That is very true!

Carter does not need to have a say so at all in this matter because he is the ex-hc but if was not the ex-hc he could have a say in it. but who knows at WG I guess Bible will be the one who does the hiring in my opinion

Edited by billybobbasketball

with the names that have been mentioned what is taking so long to get this thing done. do you think that if they were going to hire in house they would have already done something or are they waiting until the playoffs are over. as a friend and former player of coach pearson they are going to miss out on a great guy who loves his kids and the guy is a work aolic. he also is a fund raising genuis. just ask the softball people at west greene about the softball facilities he built at pigeon forge($200,000 field and 10,000 sq. ft. indoor facility. he took a team that was o-24 the year before he arrived and in 4 short years accomplished the facilities plus was 2 games from the state tourney twice with under manned teams. he got out of football there because of the unstable situation and is dying for this opportunity. hire the guy, support him, and watch what happens.

with the names that have been mentioned what is taking so long to get this thing done. do you think that if they were going to hire in house they would have already done something or are they waiting until the playoffs are over. as a friend and former player of coach pearson they are going to miss out on a great guy who loves his kids and the guy is a work aolic. he also is a fund raising genuis. just ask the softball people at west greene about the softball facilities he built at pigeon forge($200,000 field and 10,000 sq. ft. indoor facility. he took a team that was o-24 the year before he arrived and in 4 short years accomplished the facilities plus was 2 games from the state tourney twice with under manned teams. he got out of football there because of the unstable situation and is dying for this opportunity. hire the guy, support him, and watch what happens.

Yeah Give Flip a try, he'll do a great job for you.