West Greene High School

gonehome

nope hadnt forgotten J. Early im just hoping that he comes back next year I honestly felt he was doing a fine job with the kids he was fair to them and he didnt pick on any one certain kid....just all around good guy. :lol:

as adistant observer of this whole mess i do not understand why you guys are caught up worrying about the caoaches you do have, when it is obvious that you need to go find someone with some more experience and that is a little more successful than what you have. i can tell you that as a friend of his coach mike pearson has almost 20 years experience in football and is very impressive when it just comes down to coaching period. he is one of those guys that has put his family first and it is now time for him to accept a head football job. bottom line about him is is he is one of those guys that can take his and beat you or he can take yours and beat you. someone needs to get the ball rolling on this guys behalf.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lack of support from the school, and coaches.

i don't agree. as a curent player at wg, i hate hearing poeple talk about no suport. we just dont have the athletes to compete down here at wg. maybe we should take our workouts and conditioning more sirious. our coaches try to motivate us and i think we have great coaches but we just dont get the job done. hopefuly our next fb coach at wg will be some respect and disciplin to our program and we can start wining again. so , please dont talk about the suport, because we have it.

i don't agree. as a curent player at wg, i hate hearing poeple talk about no suport. we just dont have the athletes to compete down here at wg. maybe we should take our workouts and conditioning more sirious. our coaches try to motivate us and i think we have great coaches but we just dont get the job done. hopefuly our next fb coach at wg will be some respect and disciplin to our program and we can start wining again. so , please dont talk about the suport, because we have it.

There are only three coaches that supports wg, trust me, I have been around west greene for about 20 years, I know whats going on.

You said one great thing that is the players do not take the sport serious. And most of them dont care if they win or lose. Maybe you and every other athlete ther should pratice and play at 110% everyday.

They are a lot better coachs interested than what you have mentioned. Just because they are good people and the kids want to play for them does not make them good coachs. None of these guys have ever been a head coach in football(h.s.). I will say the one thing WG needs is discipline from a coach, they didn't have it in Carter and they wouldn't have these guys either! You wouldn't want 60 coming out unless you had a coach with discipline. WG can't have that or do they want that(parent) thats why they keep mentioning the same people over and over.

well, as a curent player, i feel that soemthing neds to be done quickley in order to have a good offseason workout program. hopefuly they wil name someone soon.

well, as a curent player, i feel that soemthing neds to be done quickley in order to have a good offseason workout program. hopefuly they wil name someone soon.

Well not for sure but Pearson might be the front runner now since Drew doesn't want the job. There is still some other people in the running and I think Greenlee is in the running from what I here.

Well not for sure but Pearson might be the front runner now since Drew doesn't want the job. There is still some other people in the running and I think Greenlee is in the running from what I here.

I coached with Mike Pearson at PF and he is a good football coach, and a VERY fine man, I know that if the kids need discipline then he is the right man for the job! I think Mike would do a heck of a job if he is given the chance. :thumb:

I agree with Williams and Greenlee but not Bowles. I would say Baughard supports them more than Bowles at least he comes to some of the games. How many games does Bowles suppport?

Well probably because he lives in johnson city, and has to young kids and a wife to take care of like he should, thats why, he still supports them more than some coaches that live here in greene county. Baughard does sometimes, but not like he should.

Edited by GreeneCountyfan