West Greene High School

gonehome

I coached with Mike Pearson at PF and he is a good football coach, and a VERY fine man, I know that if the kids need discipline then he is the right man for the job! I think Mike would do a heck of a job if he is given the chance. :)

hey "bigbluelbs36" can you elaborate a little more about this pearson guys football ability. i have been trying to persuade these guys that pearson would be the one to hire but they would rather push someone in the school.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a little tid bit for all you guys wanting to know who and when a coach is going to be hired. just as a general observance on the tssaa website almost every school advertising for a head football coach says that teaching position that is tied to coaching job is undecided at this time. so, these people are not puttting any limitations on who they can hire. if west greene is going to hire a quality coach this time why don't they do the same thing and worry about the teaching later. they will get a whole lot more interest, and as far as i know if the knew coach wins it won't matter what he teaches because he will be a hero and will be untouchable.

If you you would read what I have wrote that is not the way Greene County works!!! They will hire a coach for a position that is open or move some people around in other areas, but they will not hire a coach first!!! Not trying to be smart but letting you know how it works!

If you you would read what I have wrote that is not the way Greene County works!!! They will hire a coach for a position that is open or move some people around in other areas, but they will not hire a coach first!!! Not trying to be smart but letting you know how it works!

I understand what you are saying, and i don"t think you are being smart. what i am saying is this is the way it is going to be in greene county until you people who live up there get on your high-horse and start rainsing cain with the administration and let them know that their will be another election. from what i understand you need a new director of schools that will support athletics and until you elect some board members who are going to "buck" the current director things are not going to change. get you a little organization together and put the word out what you are up to and you will be amazed at the reaction you will get, especially if the board members care about what they are doing and do not have their own agenda's.

I understand what you are saying, and i don"t think you are being smart. what i am saying is this is the way it is going to be in greene county until you people who live up there get on your high-horse and start rainsing cain with the administration and let them know that their will be another election. from what i understand you need a new director of schools that will support athletics and until you elect some board members who are going to "buck" the current director things are not going to change. get you a little organization together and put the word out what you are up to and you will be amazed at the reaction you will get, especially if the board members care about what they are doing and do not have their own agenda's.

I will tell you this, that it is the board members that run the schools! The only people that have influence over them are the parents! If there is enough parents complain to them then there would be change!

I will tell you this, that it is the board members that run the schools! The only people that have influence over them are the parents! If there is enough parents complain to them then there would be change!

if the parents are the ones that carry the weight then they need to put their kids first and foremost and go to the board and let them understand that they are tired of having second rate programs and that they not only want the best education for their kids but the best athletic programs because it all goes together or at least in most counties it does especially where athletics are thought of as part of the educational landscape. show me a place with good athletics and bad academics, that place does not exist, but their are plenty of good places with good academics and good athletics. greene county has good academics and they could really care less about the overall state of athletics., especially football.