West Greene High School

gonehome

Why do you say they all dislike you right now??

We have beatem 2 years in a row and both times they were ready to fight after the game (players and fans, not coaches) because we play a very physical brand of football (which wins ballgames something they don't understand) that they call "dirty"

They accused us of running the score up when at one point in the third quarter last year they were up 14-13 and final score was 40-13 they threatened to come to the jv game the following monday and find some of our varsity players and fight . I dunno ask them why they don't like us they just don't. N.G. wasn't so bad but C-D was almost as bad.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesnt matter who the coach is....Paul "Bear" Bryant would have trouble winning 2 games at WG....and from hearing about all this mess I think they should probably hire someone outside the community...maybe they can bring some enthusiasm and work ethic to a stagnant and 2 yr winless program.

Any news on the coaching search?

I doubt that anyone from East comes, I talked to someone from there today and they said they didnt know anyone who applied. West maybe but i dont know anyone to ask there. Also Like I said it wont be filled until April at earliest---jobs open then---my money is on Greenlee though from what the "sources" tell me LOL

Of course Who knows I hear that Quarles was contacted and a private jet was flown into Mosheim by some prominent WG boosters. :)

I doubt that anyone from East comes, I talked to someone from there today and they said they didnt know anyone who applied. West maybe but i dont know anyone to ask there. Also Like I said it wont be filled until April at earliest---jobs open then---my money is on Greenlee though from what the "sources" tell me LOL

Of course Who knows I hear that Quarles was contacted and a private jet was flown into Mosheim by some prominent WG boosters. :thumb:

He was flew into Greeneville for that job and thats a fact!

We have beatem 2 years in a row and both times they were ready to fight after the game (players and fans, not coaches) because we play a very physical brand of football (which wins ballgames something they don't understand) that they call "dirty"

They accused us of running the score up when at one point in the third quarter last year they were up 14-13 and final score was 40-13 they threatened to come to the jv game the following monday and find some of our varsity players and fight . I dunno ask them why they don't like us they just don't. N.G. wasn't so bad but C-D was almost as bad.

yes Cosby does play hard ball and they are a good team but the one shot that stuck in my mind was the body slam laid onto one of WGHS players that is what roused him up after the game..............and I will say for the coaching staff at Cosby one of the coaches that were in the stands came onto WGHS sidelines during the game and gave my son a pat on the back and told him he was doing a good job at QB, I myself thought that was pretty cool considering all the ruckus at our field the night varsiety played

anyways back to WGHS coaching ...........

who knows who it will be?

I heard Principal Bible has been rubbing elbows with alumni football coach Drew Petitt..........myself i know nothing of this guy maybe he will do a good job maybe not?????

even though i would like to see Greenlee get it,but who cares what i think......lol im just a parent of one of the players........

anyways back to WGHS coaching ...........

who knows who it will be?

I heard Principal Bible has been rubbing elbows with alumni football coach Drew Petitt..........myself i know nothing of this guy maybe he will do a good job maybe not?????

even though i would like to see Greenlee get it,but who cares what i think......lol im just a parent of one of the players........

Petitt, I hope not.Never have really cared much about him.I think he is a coach at East.What coach from West would want to coach WG?

What has he done to not get rehired? What ya mean not to bright? If this is true, then why is everyone so freaked out about the position. Football doesn't start until August '07. You guys shouldn't worry

Obviously you dont know what it takes to have a successful program...Its the things you do Nov - July that determine what kind of football team a school will have...and I think that has probably been the problem at WG...its what they do...or should I say its the things they dont do during that time period that has led to their demise as a football program.