West Greene High School

gonehome

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on who is the leaders for the job yet, or any interviews yet?

Here is what will happen.Bible will say we just can't find anyone interested in the job so I'm going to ask coach Carter to come back and coach.Then he will accept and we will be right back where we started.Charlie Douthat is interested but Bible will not give him a chance.

Give it to Helton, he seems to be the only one interested. I wouldn't like it, ( and nobody on this message board would either ) but why not, if there is such a lack of support. If the school is not going to take it serious keep it inhouse and give it to him.

i am telling you that mike pearson is very interested and all he is doing is waiting on a phone call. his wife is from mosheim and they would make a great team. she is an ag. teacher and swaney has got to be retiring soon. she was one of his state officers when she was in highschool and i know that the ellenburg family is highly thought of in the community. so to get them back in the community would be a great benefit for the school. you have never seen what two people can do in building a program. the guy can coach and that is a fact. you may ask why he has never had a head football job before and that is a simpleanswer. he loves a challenge and is not in it for the money. west greene has always been a job that has interested him. get him hired because i know he is looking at a couple of other places and has been offered a head job in the last year bt he wants to do what is best for his family. did i mention get him hired.

I've heard rumors about Baughard and Bowles possibly helping out since they have former football coaching experience. Seems like to me that they would be good choices because they both seem to have a great work ethic by what I have seen and heard. But you still can't rule out Greenelee or Williams. It seems like the administration and WG is dragging their feet right now on this decision.

I've heard rumors about Baughard and Bowles possibly helping out since they have former football coaching experience. Seems like to me that they would be good choices because they both seem to have a great work ethic by what I have seen and heard. But you still can't rule out Greenelee or Williams. It seems like the administration and WG is dragging their feet right now on this decision.

You can count that out, that will not happen! One reason for them not hiring anyone right now is that there is no where to put them! Mr. Bible has to wait to see what the job vacancies are and who is applying before filling the position. Example for those that don't understand: If there is a Social Studies position open and a coach applying has P.E. certification then that would not work. You have to have a position open for the person applying!

Whats the deal? They need a coach now, not months of now. So lets get on the ball here.

One reason for them not hiring anyone right now is that there is no where to put them! Mr. Bible has to wait to see what the job vacancies are and who is applying before filling the position. Example for those that don't understand: If there is a Social Studies position open and a coach applying has P.E. certification then that would not work. You have to have a position open for the person applying!

i am telling you that mike pearson is very interested and all he is doing is waiting on a phone call. his wife is from mosheim and they would make a great team. she is an ag. teacher and swaney has got to be retiring soon. she was one of his state officers when she was in highschool and i know that the ellenburg family is highly thought of in the community. so to get them back in the community would be a great benefit for the school. you have never seen what two people can do in building a program. the guy can coach and that is a fact. you may ask why he has never had a head football job before and that is a simpleanswer. he loves a challenge and is not in it for the money. west greene has always been a job that has interested him. get him hired because i know he is looking at a couple of other places and has been offered a head job in the last year bt he wants to do what is best for his family. did i mention get him hired.

Is this the Mike Pearson that coached softball at Pigeon Forge High School the last few years? :thumb: