Walsh Ironman Tournament

cbg

If I can't out smart you one way, I'll figure out another...

soms vs b-Bear

In all seriousness, Experience grows wrestling anywhere. Tobert took a risk and lost, but he knows now better than latter how much improvement they need to make to be elite.

Now, so does BC. They went down to take on the elite of GA and lost. Good measuring stick, for sure. Could TN wrestling be better served to resume rivalries once lost?

Who can Bradley wrestle in Tennessee, besides Soddy-Daisy, that is like McEachern, CH and Walton?

May I ask now, why does Bradley Central play McCallie and Baylor in boys and girls basketball, but not wrestle them?

Check out...

BC vs. McCallie

the funniest thing is this video of "THE SOMS" VS. "THE BEAR"... :unsure:

Soms...comic view is waiting on you...

i'm waiting on my pens... B)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soms (Radio) - Before I crafted this reponse, I made sure and tied 1/2 my brain behind my back so you would have a chance to understand.

The goal of every team in every sport in every high school in this state is to win the State Championship.

It was not Smyrna's goal to see an OLineman make All-Region or their QB make first team all state. It was to win the championship for the TEAM. Did Smyrna play McCallie this year? The Smyrna head football coach couldn't care less what fans of other teams thought of his schedule or how he ran his team. He and his team won the State Championship. End of story.

The same can be said of the Bradley wrestling team. We wrestle who we wrestle when we want to wrestle them. If you or anyone else has a problem with that...That's too bad. We don't care. In the last 14 years we've won 15 State Championships and been Runner-up 6 times. We've had 54 wrestlers in the State Finals with 33 State Champions and 93 medalists. Further, Bradley has put more kids on college wrestling mats than any team in Tennessee.

Rather than second guess and question why we do what do, perhaps you should spend more time copying what we do and how we do it.

Again...In no way am I question's RB's decision to send DT to Ohio. My only qestion was to the poster that said it helps build Tennessee wrestling. I do not understand that statement. And then....Radio comes along and says, "Why doesn't BC wrestle Baylor and McCallie?"

Soms (Radio) - Before I crafted this reponse, I made sure and tied 1/2 my brain behind my back so you would have a chance to understand.

The goal of every team in every sport in every high school in this state is to win the State Championship.

It was not Smyrna's goal to see an OLineman make All-Region or their QB make first team all state. It was to win the championship for the TEAM. Did Smyrna play McCallie this year? The Smyrna head football coach couldn't care less what fans of other teams thought of his schedule or how he ran his team. He and his team won the State Championship. End of story.

The same can be said of the Bradley wrestling team. We wrestle who we wrestle when we want to wrestle them. If you or anyone else has a problem with that...That's too bad. We don't care. In the last 14 years we've won 15 State Championships and been Runner-up 6 times. We've had 54 wrestlers in the State Finals with 33 State Champions and 93 medalists. Further, Bradley has put more kids on college wrestling mats than any team in Tennessee.

Rather than second guess and question why we do what do, perhaps you should spend more time copying what we do and how we do it.

Again...In no way am I question's RB's decision to send DT to Ohio. My only qestion was to the poster that said it helps build Tennessee wrestling. I do not understand that statement. And then....Radio comes along and says, "Why doesn't BC wrestle Baylor and McCallie?"

half a brain tied.....LOL......good post BB.

I'm on record for saying I like what BC does. But since you brought up football... do yuo like the BCS or would yu prefer all the best take on the best and make it more clear cut - like a playoff of the top 12?

Hey, a D1 vs. D2 exibition at the start of each season would be fine with me too!!

:unsure:

FINALLY Radio!!! You posted something that makes sense.

I still have to say, bury the hatchet and move on.. I KNOW from some out there that people get recruited over and within county/state lines in TN and GA. This happens in both publics and privates. I say Steve H. is not happy with some of that either, but will still say, "bring it on..."

Now, that is fun and leaves no room for who's the best.

Now I may be scoffed at for saying this, but I believe Steve Henry may have the first proven State champ in quite a few years, when it's all said and done. It's all speculation otherwise.

:unsure:

Soms, you love getting the Bradley fans wound up don't you? I know its so easy to do. You would think with all the success the program has had they wouldn't get som defensive about not wrestling private schools.

LOL....reverse psych. in practice now......oooowwwww....how will the Bradley supporters resond?? If they do,,,,they have an inferior complex,,,,,,if they don't, the psych worked.......what a problem......que the scary music.....LOL....

Soms is playing folks like you, not the Bradley folks.

LOL....reverse psych. in practice now......oooowwwww....how will the Bradley supporters resond?? If they do,,,,they have an inferior complex,,,,,,if they don't, the psych worked.......what a problem......que the scary music.....LOL....

Soms is playing folks like you, not the Bradley folks.

Sounds like I'm playing folks as far away as Texas. Sounds like a golden op to jump on a plane and obeserve a little more up close, and personal.

Isn't it true that Steve Henry will have the first shot at proving who is the best of all divisions in TN. Now he could have chosen not to, but didn't. Hasn't that "everything's bigger in Texas" rubbed off on you down there,,, SG?

Sounds like I'm playing folks as far away as Texas. Sounds like a golden op to jump on a plane and obeserve a little more up close, and personal.

Isn't it true that Steve Henry will have the first shot at proving who is the best of all divisions in TN. Now he could have chosen not to, but didn't. Hasn't that "everything's bigger in Texas" rubbed off on you down there,,, SG?

what is you point? you know my name. plenty do. go ask Raider76,,,he knows me. sly knows me. you don't. I like it that way.

what is you point? you know my name. plenty do. go ask Raider76,,,he knows me. sly knows me. you don't. I like it that way.

I'm glad you feel safe and secure down there in Texas.

Oh, the real point? I can and we can all specualte that BC was the strongest team in TN some years. I personally "believe without a doubt" this is true the last year or two of legman's previous tenure (with a few others peppered in), but only this year will we see on "the mat" who is the best since the split.... This proof on the mat,, of course puts more pressure on SD to finish the job.

Edited by soms

I'm glad you feel safe and secure down there in Texas.

Walkevol is right and your brother is wrong. there is something really wrong with you. What is it exactly?

could you not tell from my screen name where I live?? LOL......it has never been a secret.....LOL .....what is wrong with you.?