Ooltewah vs McCallie

tk20football

Mapelwood & Whites Creek are not great teams. They could be refered to as above average teams in some years and average teams at best other years. If you wanted to play a good public school teams from Middle Tennessee you would play one of the top 4 teams in the Ravenwood region.

Why don't you yahoos go and ask your coaches who has and has not asked them to play. Unless you are just some pimple faced kid that lives behind a screen and

does not have any idea about the who/what/and why you can and cannot play

somebody.

There is alot more to scheduling than filling out a date.

I don't think gate $$ from the visiting team makes any difference to

OHS. We fill it up with our own fans.

There were many phone calls made before those dates were filled. By the way,

Whites Creek is coming to OHS two years in a row.

As a fan I look forward to playing different teams. So goes ask your man

in charge and then make an educated comment. I'm sure your right there in the office answering all the coaches phone calls.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest reason is that the EX Coach would not schedule them. He would scrimmage them but NOT play them when it counted, ie the usual MBA scrimmage every year. That is why alot of folks are glad we have Coach A now. He will play anybody as long as they are tough and will challenge the program to get better.

As to air yards against Smyrna, R'dale managed to beat them once this year 49-0 with exactly 0 air yards as we did not even attempt a pass in that game. The second game with them they made the adjustments that were necessary and beat us. Just like they beat y'all. :lol:

Do y'all play Baylor? Seems they are close also and will give y'all a good game. At least they would be tougher compitition than a little 4A school from Nashville. Would be a better gate also.

Is the mascot an Owl or a chicken? I know they both have feathers. :P

This field has been plowed and this horse has been beaten. They ain't going to play McCallie come He** or high water. They blame it on their principal. The story is he's afraid they'll recruit "his" 8th graders. The irony is one of their best players is a McCallie transfer. Instead of whipping up on Rhea and Chattanooga Central this year, scheduling some better competition might have helped them in the playoffs. Of course they'll be able to tell their kids they had an undefeated regular season and were the "Champions of Most of Chattanooga".

Edited by uncfan13

Why in the world did Florida schedule UCF, Southern Miss and Western Carolina instead of Notre Dame, Michigan and USC????? Ooltewah had a tough schedule this year. Central is a rivalry that is no longer going to be played. Ooltewah Football is just now being noticed in the past 5-6 years. I really don't understand why everyone is crying because Ooltewah doesn't play McCallie.... Everyone knows it would be a great game but why cry about it and call Ooltewah chickens??? Haha... come on... I'm also sure all of you "Riverdale Fans" are sooooooo happy that Mr. Rankin left. I mean wow, he did only bring home 3-4 5A state championships....

Edited by ImaOWL

Why in the world did Florida schedule UCF, Southern Miss and Western Carolina instead of Notre Dame, Michigan and USC????? Ooltewah had a tough schedule this year. Central is a rivalry that is no longer going to be played. Ooltewah Football is just now being noticed in the past 5-6 years. I really don't understand why everyone is crying because Ooltewah doesn't play McCallie.... Everyone knows it would be a great game but why cry about it and call Ooltewah chickens??? Haha... come on... I'm also sure all of you "Riverdale Fans" are sooooooo happy that Mr. Rankin left. I mean wow, he did only bring home 3-4 5A state championships....

It's such a natural rivalry that even folks from Middle Tennessee wonder why it doesn't happen. I heard ESPN is going to do a story on it "Ooltewah Owls or Chickens". Bob Costas has a call to Ed Foster wanting to know why not. Bill O'Reilly wants him to quit spinning. 2007 would be a great year to start it. McCallie's cupboard is bare. Ooltewah remains the "Champion of Most of Chattanooga". McCallie won't be able to recruit your "8th graders". You'll get to make thousands of posts on CoachT prior to the game and rub it in afterwards. I'm calling Rhonda (I do my own hair) Thurman to report this conspiracy not to play McCallie. The very fate of high school athletics hangs on whether this game gets played.

;)

It's such a natural rivalry that even folks from Middle Tennessee wonder why it doesn't happen. I heard ESPN is going to do a story on it "Ooltewah Owls or Chickens". Bob Costas has a call to Ed Foster wanting to know why not. Bill O'Reilly wants him to quit spinning. 2007 would be a great year to start it. McCallie's cupboard is bare. Ooltewah remains the "Champion of Most of Chattanooga". McCallie won't be able to recruit your "8th graders". You'll get to make thousands of posts on CoachT prior to the game and rub it in afterwards. I'm calling Rhonda (I do my own hair) Thurman to report this conspiracy not to play McCallie. The very fate of high school athletics hangs on whether this game gets played.

Some of us who really care about our kids ARE glad. What good are the Gold Balls if the kids who earned them don't go on in sports. For instance what about the large black garbage bag of college letters that were thrown out of his office after he left that the kids knew NOTHING about. This year one of our kids (Eugene Goree) has already gotten an offer from Colorado, and for this I am Thankful because Eugene deserves it. At least Coach A WILL talk to scouts and help the kids to further themselves. This is what I see as the main function of a Great Coach. I may not agree with Coach Shad at Smyrna but he delivers for his kids also. I will give the devil his due and Coach Rankin CAN win games, but when it comes to the kids he is severely lacking in my opinion.

Now that he is up y'alls way y'all can play him. After all it is only a 2A team so y'all should have no problem. :lol:

Wow...such anger. Obviously your kid played for him. :lol:

Some of us who really care about our kids ARE glad. What good are the Gold Balls if the kids who earned them don't go on in sports. For instance what about the large black garbage bag of college letters that were thrown out of his office after he left that the kids knew NOTHING about. This year one of our kids (Eugene Goree) has already gotten an offer from Colorado, and for this I am Thankful because Eugene deserves it. At least Coach A WILL talk to scouts and help the kids to further themselves. This is what I see as the main function of a Great Coach. I may not agree with Coach Shad at Smyrna but he delivers for his kids also. I will give the devil his due and Coach Rankin CAN win games, but when it comes to the kids he is severely lacking in my opinion.

Now that he is up y'alls way y'all can play him. After all it is only a 2A team so y'all should have no problem. :lol:

Now that he is up y'alls way y'all can play him. After all it is only a 2A team so y'all should have no problem. :blink:

Quit taunting the Owls! They'll peck you to death.

Now that he is up y'alls way y'all can play him. After all it is only a 2A team so y'all should have no problem. :blink:

Coach A will help the kids and he will be there for them after they grad

Wow...such anger. Obviously your kid played for him. :thumb:

Not only played.....he STARTED. He started every game his freshman year. He played EVERY position on the line including tight end and except center his Junior Year. His Senior year he started at Guard and was rated one of the best at the position by everyone in the Region except Coach Rankin. Yes I am proud of my son because the boy worked his tail off the 4 years he played at R'dale. The only problem Coach Rankin had with the 'clone' was me and that is because I believe that NO ONE should kiss someones ____ if they have the talent and proves it.

If you ask ANY of the Coaches that were at R'dale then they will tell you that the 'clone' was one of the hardest playing linemen that R'dale has had. He was not the biggest, but he WAS one of the strongest. He had the speed to go with it also. Most of Gaston Miller's TDs was following on the tail of my sons blocking and Gaston will tell you that also. The 'clone' and Gaston are still good friends as they played together their whole 4 years.

If you ask the 'clone' if he played for Coach Rankin he will tell you No. He played for Coach Britton and the rest of the Coaches there. Boy put team ahead of his personal feelings or he would have quit.

And YES I am angry, but it is anger because of the kids that were used and discarded because of one persons ego. Football should NOT be about ego and money for one person. It should be pride in the 'teams' accomplishments.

Am I 100% right? No, but this is the way I saw it and I will NOT sugar coat it for anyone.

So Lost Ole Padre--reading between the lines, you did not really care for Rankin, huh?

No I didn't and it is NO secret. He and I have a mutual dislike for each other. Not his fault as it is just a clash of personalities between us. Just as much my fault as his. While I respect his being able to win, I do not like his 'methods' of how to do it.

I will go further to state I am opposed to open zoning also. That is part of the real reason Rankin left for Alcoa. It WILL be interesting the next couple of years to see how it goes up there with some really good players graduating and 'if' some prime players decide to go to Alcoa instead of some other schools up there.

This will be my LAST post on this subject as all the points have been stated before and my son has graduated and R'dale has a really good Coach now. I may not agree with the Wing T, but that is MY problem to deal with.

Fair enough?