Ooltewah vs McCallie

tk20football

I am giving you guys reasons why Private and Public schools are in different leagues. Ed Foster is Ooltewah's principle. Ooltewah use to play McCallie in football before he was hired. It's just something that he is against. I do wish Ooltewah was able to play McCallie. Ooltewah's Sportsmanship? What are you talking about? When was the last time Riverdale played a "private school" besides this year? The Ooltewah coaches/team would love to play the preppy boys of McCallie but like I said it won't happen anytime soon....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am giving you guys reasons why Private and Public schools are in different leagues. Ed Foster is Ooltewah's principle. Ooltewah use to play McCallie in football before he was hired. It's just something that he is against. I do wish Ooltewah was able to play McCallie. Ooltewah's Sportsmanship? What are you talking about? When was the last time Riverdale played a "private school" besides this year? The Ooltewah coaches/team would love to play the preppy boys of McCallie but like I said it won't happen anytime soon....

Ahhh that explains it. Foster is another 'Rankin type'. Never said a thing about y'alls 'sportsmanship'. As far as I know y'all are very sportsmanlike. Never heard that y'all weren't.

As to R'dale not playing 'privates' that was the old AD's decision and we all know who that was. We did scrimmage at least one every year though in the fall.

I just 'wish' that however the TSSAA vs BA case goes that the COURT would make the TSSAA put the publics and privates back together again. That at least would settle alot of arguments here in Tn.

I'm trying to prove a point that Ooltewah is not scared of McCallie. There is only one reason why Ooltewah won't play McCallie and his name is Ed Foster.

Private Schools:

- anybody can go to the school. ( no school zone ) ( recruiting goes on and if you think not you are crazy. Private schools have to recruit to bring kids to their schools)

- facilities are much much better

- able to hire better coaches. (public head coaches in Hamiliton County make and extra 20% percent of their teaching salary while your head made $90,000+ per year)(also Ooltewah can only have 2 paid assistant coaches)

- better weight programs with private schools (McCallie's weight coach is the University of Tennessee's ex weight coach.)

- more funding for private schools (do me a favor and go to Ooltewah and look at their coaching "office", weight room and locker room. Its probably one of the worst around the area.

These are the reasons why McCallie is in a different division than Ooltewah. This is why Ooltewah's principle doesn't play McCallie. Ooltewah coaches had everything set up but had to get the "OK" from the big man and obviously that didn't happen. Ooltewah still has only 9 games on their schedule and needs to find a 10th ASAP.

I'm just baffled that you guys actually think Ooltewah is scared of McCallie.

ok, ok, so we have more funds...ok, ok, your facilities aren't as good...(let me remind you, this is what you said)...ok, ok, we recruit (though i don't know of anyone, i don't even wanna get into that argument...so i'll let that go)...but let me ask you, what does us being able to pay more coaches, us having "nicer facilities" and us "recruiting" have to do with you guys, not playing us? now granted i'm not in a position of power at McCallie, but i'm sure we would love to play you, i know the players would...and i know that most of you Owls aren't in a position of power over there, but if i understand everything right ya'll would like to play us too...and as i understand our coaches have talked about us playing...and now everyone is blaming one man for us not playing...no someone please explain to me why this one man doesn't want our two fine schools to meet? beeecause we'll take some of your younger players after we beat you? not likely...i know that i've been on the losing end of a game before, and thats never made me wanna go to that school...now lets say ya'll win, and that's very possible....i've DEFINETLY not made me want to attend that school…ok so your money is low I’m sure we could play at your place…so you wouldn’t hafta travel across town…or maybe you want to play on the “nicer facilities” and use the “better locker rooms” you’re more then welcome to play the game over here…see what I don’t understand is what Ed Foster’s problem is, or why he wouldn’t want to play us…and why if so many people from Ooltewah want to see the game, then why wouldn’t Ed Foster want to cater to his students, parents, school board, athletic board, and everyone in the whole city…because you know that if the game was played at the right time…EVERYONE in chattanooga would be there…bringing revenue for both schools, bringing publicity to both schools (as if either school needs it) and after a hard fought game people would walk away thinking “wow those schools play some good football” and it would shed a positive image on both schools…and would probably make the younger kids want to go to either school…that’s just what I don’t understand….is how one man can make the difference between us playing and not playing…I’m sure that there has to be a way around him…

ok, ok, so we have more funds...ok, ok, your facilities aren't as good...(let me remind you, this is what you said)...ok, ok, we recruit (though i don't know of anyone, i don't even wanna get into that argument...so i'll let that go)...but let me ask you, what does us being able to pay more coaches, us having "nicer facilities" and us "recruiting" have to do with you guys, not playing us? now granted i'm not in a position of power at McCallie, but i'm sure we would love to play you, i know the players would...and i know that most of you Owls aren't in a position of power over there, but if i understand everything right ya'll would like to play us too...and as i understand our coaches have talked about us playing...and now everyone is blaming one man for us not playing...no someone please explain to me why this one man doesn't want our two fine schools to meet? beeecause we'll take some of your younger players after we beat you? not likely...i know that i've been on the losing end of a game before, and thats never made me wanna go to that school...now lets say ya'll win, and that's very possible....i've DEFINETLY not made me want to attend that school…ok so your money is low I’m sure we could play at your place…so you wouldn’t hafta travel across town…or maybe you want to play on the “nicer facilities” and use the “better locker rooms” you’re more then welcome to play the game over here…see what I don’t understand is what Ed Foster’s problem is, or why he wouldn’t want to play us…and why if so many people from Ooltewah want to see the game, then why wouldn’t Ed Foster want to cater to his students, parents, school board, athletic board, and everyone in the whole city…because you know that if the game was played at the right time…EVERYONE in chattanooga would be there…bringing revenue for both schools, bringing publicity to both schools (as if either school needs it) and after a hard fought game people would walk away thinking “wow those schools play some good football” and it would shed a positive image on both schools…and would probably make the younger kids want to go to either school…that’s just what I don’t understand….is how one man can make the difference between us playing and not playing…I’m sure that there has to be a way around him…

so why wont mccallie play the owls?

I was stating why McCallie is in a different league than Ooltewah...

Last night at the football banquet I heard Ooltewah tried to contact McCallie about playing the next 2 years and McCallie declined. Ooltewah also contacted Red Bank and they never returned phone calls. Ooltewah will have only 9 games next year unfortunately....

wow...well that's news to me...i am shocked that we would decline that game...because it would help both schools...i sure hope that's a rumor because i would be extrememly dissapointed in McCallie if we did turn down that offer...maybe our schedule is full? i dont know, but i sure hope that the men in control of scheduling could get this done sometime in the near future, and i really don't understand why McCallie wouldn't accept ya'lls invitation to play...that is way beyond me...

wow...well that's news to me...i am shocked that we would decline that game...because it would help both schools...i sure hope that's a rumor because i would be extrememly dissapointed in McCallie if we did turn down that offer...maybe our schedule is full? i dont know, but i sure hope that the men in control of scheduling could get this done sometime in the near future, and i really don't understand why McCallie wouldn't accept ya'lls invitation to play...that is way beyond me...

go ask them then come back and tell us...maybe it is because they know the owls are loaded for the next few years :thumb:

Edited by PRIMETIME OWL