Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

B)

Having no say so in any facet of the program, and having to watch that boring offense it's like watching paint dry. My own grandmother broke three radio's this past year listening to some games. Hope these guys can find some productive work somewhere.

maybe your gradmother needs to attend some anger management classes :lol:

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wing-T is boring...even when it's working right. You really limit your offensive potential in my opinion. Goodpasture runs the wing-T, but they also run different stuff. I guess their coaches have more confidence in their players' ability to absorb those exotic passing schemes. Usually, the better teams figure out that the way you stop Lewis County is to put 9 men in the box, put a man on the receiver, and play your safety shallow. Odds are, if the back is in motion, the ball is going to that back or to the fullback. It's a shame that so many athletes at Lewis County have been restricted from realizing their potential by the wing-T.

I'm concerned that a team like Mt. Pleasant, with a good coach and an athletic QB, will run a 4 or 5 wide set and thin out the defensive. Unless they change something, Lewis County isn't going to have near the D-line they had this past season. Stovepipe and Willie can only do so much.

Edited by 926

why are you talkign about the wing-t offense???i think your in the wrong thread buddy...this is about the up coming mt pleasent vs lewis county game.....how about you worry bout your own offense and us and goodpasture will worry about ours...... and just to let you no from experience the wing-t offense does pass so go ahead and put 9 men in the box all we got do do is runa play action and boom there is a big gain......and explain to me if you can how our athletes have wasted there talent in the wing t offense.....also i can promise you that good ol stovepipe and mr willie frazier will be making alot of good plays this year and they are both fine young men and they just keep getting better...but they are also go have a few more guys that have stepped up and are going to make a impact on the d line this year.. :thumb: so u worry bout your team and we will worry bout ours....also rember they just i asked explain to me if you can how our athletes have wasted there talent in the wing t offense. ;)

why are you talkign about the wing-t offense???i think your in the wrong thread buddy...this is about the up coming mt pleasent vs lewis county game.....how about you worry bout your own offense and us and goodpasture will worry about ours...... and just to let you no from experience the wing-t offense does pass so go ahead and put 9 men in the box all we got do do is runa play action and boom there is a big gain......and explain to me if you can how our athletes have wasted there talent in the wing t offense.....also i can promise you that good ol stovepipe and mr willie frazier will be making alot of good plays this year and they are both fine young men and they just keep getting better...but they are also go have a few more guys that have stepped up and are going to make a impact on the d line this year.. :blink: so u worry bout your team and we will worry bout ours....also rember they just i asked explain to me if you can how our athletes have wasted there talent in the wing t offense. :blink:

I'm an LC guy and anytime you're talking about LC, you're talking about the wingT....selectedgrain pretty much sums it up. How many athletes have squanderd their talent by playing in this system? It's an offense based on trickery and deception, designed for smaller offensive linemen. Big linemen have no place in this offense. Small offensive linemen have no place in college. The quarterback's ability to throw the ball is unimportant. The quarterback in the wingT is basically an extra running back. Every team that has beaten LC has done exactly what I said. Goodpasture doesn't have anything to worry about. They aren't afraid of passing. We found that out the hard way.

If Lewis County passes, it's only going to be to one of three people...the receiver (of course), who is covered by the DB...the TE, who the defense will know within 1 second whether or not he's going out for the pass and the OLB can committ to him...and the running back in motion, who will be covered by the safety and the linbackers.

Stovepipe and Willie are not what anybody's worried about.

I'll leave you with this question...How is it that Lewis County can have good teams year after year, and never put anybody in college? It's not the kids' fault. Another question...How can Perry County, who won all of 2 games last year, put 3 kids in college?

926.......you raise some good points! One of the questions I have is.....why with all the talent standing on the sidelines........are they.....standing that is. LCHS is loaded with talent...yet we only use a few players......both ways..that when the game is later in the second half we have wore down some of our most skilled players......while all that talent has been standing the whole game. Why don' t the staff teach/coach some of the other players.....that are on the sideline some positions........IE. corners/linebackers/running backs..etc. instead of players playing both ways so much.......keep everyone fresh! LCHS has plenty of talent to have players playing.....but not both ways! I guess if we keep this conversation up.....we'll have to start a new thread of "whats wrong with LCHS"..!

926.......you raise some good points! One of the questions I have is.....why with all the talent standing on the sidelines........are they.....standing that is. LCHS is loaded with talent...yet we only use a few players......both ways..that when the game is later in the second half we have wore down some of our most skilled players......while all that talent has been standing the whole game. Why don' t the staff teach/coach some of the other players.....that are on the sideline some positions........IE. corners/linebackers/running backs..etc. instead of players playing both ways so much.......keep everyone fresh! LCHS has plenty of talent to have players playing.....but not both ways! I guess if we keep this conversation up.....we'll have to start a new thread of "whats wrong with LCHS"..!

You'll get no arguments from me. Remember how many backs we had touching the ball in the scrimmages? Everybody thought we were going to wear people out by platooning our backs. Well, a funny thing happened on the way to the game plan... By the second game of the season, all positions were pretty much set in stone. Oh, there were the odd substitutions here and there. Some were for injuries, some were for punishment, some were to give the #1 guy a breather, but rarely did you see someone come in to work with the starters at the skill positions. You saw two QBs playing, but that was more about power and mind games than trying to get the younger QB some playing time. With the kid coming up from the junior high being a good athlete, the QB mind games will continue next season. Just wait and see. Substitutions on the O Line and D Line were more common. There was one kid who was a very capable ILB who seldom ever got into the game before it was long over. His only crime was backing up the coaches' favorite player who was always the last to come off the field on defense when the "game-over" substitutions began. And the same kids that were kept on the sidelines as running backs were kept on the sidelines as DBs. I have absolutely nothing against any of these kids. The starters were starters because they were the best players at their positions. They deserved the bulk of the playing time. But, there's nothing wrong with slipping in the odd sub for the sake of experience every now and then when the game is in hand.