Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defense is looking pretty good despite what the score says. D-line held up pretty good other than the three plays they just flat out missed the boys of LC running with the ball. LC does a decent job of the wingt hiding who's got it, sometimes but not all the time. Defense made several good stops last nite and we don't need any more blind sited TD's from LC and well be ok.

Last time i checked missing tackles and knowing where the ball is are all part of having a good defense as well as blind sided touchdowns. Lewis seemed to move the ball as they wished from where i was sitting they punted once and didnt punch it in on a fourth down. marco broke one good run and the rest of the time he was on his butt in the backfield. I think lewis has a little more than #27 goin for them too like #55,#4,#5 and i think #17 also outsprinted daily to the endzone. So you might wanna go back and watch the game film. I could be a different game tonight so hopefully Bobby has the boys fired up and ready to put this game away. Good luck panthers!

Last time i checked missing tackles and knowing where the ball is are all part of having a good defense as well as blind sided touchdowns. Lewis seemed to move the ball as they wished from where i was sitting they punted once and didnt punch it in on a fourth down. marco broke one good run and the rest of the time he was on his butt in the backfield. I think lewis has a little more than #27 goin for them too like #55,#4,#5 and i think #17 also outsprinted daily to the endzone. So you might wanna go back and watch the game film. I could be a different game tonight so hopefully Bobby has the boys fired up and ready to put this game away. Good luck panthers!

I agree that LC is a good team but 17 got caught by Dailey after he was ahead by 7 yards to start with, watch the film yourself. Your big boys on the line were strong the first quarter but were getting tired in the second. Another half of ball last night and the game may have swung the other way, and still might. The best thing that could have happened to LC last night was having the second half played tonight because we would have worn the big 340lb linemen down.

You are right Tiger, Daley did catch Greive after he had ran 80 yards, caught him in the end zone :roflol:

He did catch him though right? You ever try to make up 7 yards on someone that is pretty fast, it's hard to do. You should also notice that no one caught Dailey on his TD run, not even at the goal line. If our line gets him free you will notice the same thing again.

When I saw that play #17 and #12 were stride for stride #12 caught up on about the five yard line. I really think #17 was as fast just ran out of gas at the end.And as far as wearing down the big 340 pounders I think you were watching a different game LCHS was dominating the line.