Top Sophmores and Juniors In Middle TN

2004Grad

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sophmore, kamiko Williams from Clarksville-Northeast. Rmember the name. Very talented and has great size, 5-10. She has the total game. Miss Williams can score, 25 pts per game. She is tremendous on the baords, 14 rebounds per game. she also passes very well, 4.5 assist per game. She really is the total packge. She has already received an offer from the University of Florida from the SEC as a sophmore and haws garnered interest from ohter high majors as a sophmore.

RARip, how is she recieving offers as a sophomore, im pretty sure your not aloud to do that until after your Junior season. I may be wrong but im pretty sure that your not allowed to be talked to by the coach until then. They may send you info and everything but you are not allowed to come in contact with the college coach until after your junior year. and most times to recieve an offer you have to come in contact with the coach. So she may be getting attention, and letters ABOUT the school, but i seriously doubt they are offers with financial aid, grants, and other scholarships. B.c how would they know what her ACT score is and final GPA is. Your not allowed to take ur ACT until your junior year for it to count as an actuall score, to be given to colleges. Im sure she is a good player but your not allowed to recieve an offer till after your junior year. So im sure it may have been a interest letter or invitation to a camp or something but not an offer.

But anyways back to the topic. I agree AJ HOLLI FLIPPO is a outstanding player, that is playing just about at the top of her game and doing a great job this year.

RARip, how is she recieving offers as a sophomore, im pretty sure your not aloud to do that until after your Junior season. I may be wrong but im pretty sure that your not allowed to be talked to by the coach until then. They may send you info and everything but you are not allowed to come in contact with the college coach until after your junior year. and most times to recieve an offer you have to come in contact with the coach. So she may be getting attention, and letters ABOUT the school, but i seriously doubt they are offers with financial aid, grants, and other scholarships. B.c how would they know what her ACT score is and final GPA is. Your not allowed to take ur ACT until your junior year for it to count as an actuall score, to be given to colleges. Im sure she is a good player but your not allowed to recieve an offer till after your junior year. So im sure it may have been a interest letter or invitation to a camp or something but not an offer.

But anyways back to the topic. I agree AJ HOLLI FLIPPO is a outstanding player, that is playing just about at the top of her game and doing a great job this year.

You are absolutely right. I should rephrase that. The coach was told that if she were able to sign thay would take her right now. So you are right. there is no formal offer. I stand corrected.

Edited by RARip

Bill you are correct about the offers, but incorrect about the ACT scores. As long as you are in high school your ACT scores will count toward college. Many private schools in Nashville start their students taking the ACT/SAT in 7th grade. Most students however have not had enough math to do well on the ACT until their Jr. year. My daughter attends a public school and the guidance department there suggests they take it in the spring of their Sophomore year, and then retake it later if scores need to be raised. Note: The 1st time you take the ACT it can be free if you ask for a waiver from the guidance department. Flippo is a good player, but should not be considered a candidate for top in the state.

Edited by wizard1

Flippo most certainly should be considered throughout the state. Any sophomore or junior that averages a double-double for the season while also leading her team in steals and plays along side two seniors that are D1 basketball players should be deemed worthy of consideration throughout the state. She averages 13ppg, but that is irrelevant really, she does all of the other things that help make her team better.

Edited by aj1133

Flippo most certainly should be considered throughout the state. Any sophomore or junior that averages a double-double for the season while also leading her team in steals and plays along side two seniors that are D1 basketball players should be deemed worthy of consideration throughout the state. She averages 13ppg, but that is irrelevant really, she does all of the other things that help make her team better.

yea i agree with that statement I personally think she is the best rebounder on the team at like 5'6"

District 7 has quite a few juniors that have already made their marks of district teams and the list I have is certainly incomplete. Cookeville has Helton who is a very good player and looks to be about 6'1" or better and takes up space as a good rebounder and will be better as a scorer in time with a developing Cookville High school team.

Siegel has a number of Juniors that are good players starting with two of their guards Mo Faulkner a 5'8"+ guard who is having, to this point, the best year of her basketball life and is a good shooter, defender and competitor. She normally is one of the assist leaders for the team.She is a very accomplished 3 point shooter and continues to improve her game every year. Her basketball background includes starting 2 years in MS and the third year in high school as a starter. She has played summer basketball every year since a 10 year old, went thru the Hooptown Club program for three years and with the Heartbreakers Club progam for two years and also has played MS volleyball and on the Siegel Volleyball team.

Allison Wright is a 5'7" all around great player, great shooter, defender and competitor and has started 2 years in MS and now her third year in High school as a starter. She runs cross country for siegel and is a very good 3 point shooter and point guard. She is a very good driver and three point shooter and generally leads the team in assists. She is a hard worker and player and has played on the Hooptown Club team since 10 years old. Allison has improved her game every year.

Claire Waggoner is a 6'2" player that is just about to break out as an outstanding player. Claire played in MS and is now in her third year of high school play. Claire's upside is already a good rebounder and defender but also her potential has gotten better each year. Waggoner's best years are in front of her with good touch and improvement of shooting from around 16'. Waggoner is a hard worker and at times has seemed to be dominent in her rebounding work around the goal.

Sara King, of Oakland, is a very respected player and has improved a great deal in the past two years. She is a good rebounder and has developed into a very good scorer. While i don't know that much other than this about Sarah, maybe others can fill in the blanks from Oakland. She seems to be a hard worker.

District 7 Lebanon, Blackman, Riverdale and White County all have some good juniors and Sophmores but someone from those schools will have to acknowledge them and their accomplishments.

Edited by PHargis

Megan Hunter is a junior point guard at Cheatham County averaging 18.3 ppg. She's been starting since her freshman year. She's averaged 23.3 in her last 3 games, including 27 against Harpeth. Put her on the list.

Oh yes Megan has improved so much since we've played together.

Her game is terrific and she has developed as a player on and

off the court! I can't wait to see how well she can lead the team as a senior next year!

Sophmore, kamiko Williams from Clarksville-Northeast. Rmember the name. Very talented and has great size, 5-10. She has the total game. Miss Williams can score, 25 pts per game. She is tremendous on the baords, 14 rebounds per game. she also passes very well, 4.5 assist per game. She really is the total packge. She has already received an offer from the University of Florida from the SEC as a sophmore and haws garnered interest from ohter high majors as a sophmore.

dickson county has a sophmore guard that has good potential. She can handle the ball and is an excellent defensive player.

• 2 months later...

Megan Hunter of Cheatham County is not only a great basketball player but also a great student as well. I recognized Megan's potential as a freshman and knew that she would develop into a great player.

Megan will certainly become an excellent player at the college level. However, she still has one more year to play in high school and will be one of the premiere players in the mid-state next season.