Lake County vs. Trenton

LakeCountyFalcons

Lake County travels to Trenton Friday night for their first meeting with Trenton this year. This is #2 district game of this week and Bradford Saturday night. How is Trenton this year? I haven't heard much about them. I know they have a new coach and all, but just wondering how they were. I think it will be a good game, because Trenton always plays us pretty good and we've had many great games in the past! If the Falcons play like they did last night against UC in the 2nd half the whole game, there aren't too many people that will beat us! Great game last night guys! It's still very early in the season and anything can happen. Let's move on to Trenton and get that district win! Best of luck to you guys! Go Falcons!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County travels to Trenton Friday night for their first meeting with Trenton this year. This is #2 district game of this week and Bradford Saturday night. How is Trenton this year? I haven't heard much about them. I know they have a new coach and all, but just wondering how they were. I think it will be a good game, because Trenton always plays us pretty good and we've had many great games in the past! If the Falcons play like they did last night against UC in the 2nd half the whole game, there aren't too many people that will beat us! Great game last night guys! It's still very early in the season and anything can happen. Let's move on to Trenton and get that district win! Best of luck to you guys! Go Falcons!

Trenton beat Halls last night by 1..The Yancey kid is out with a broke wrist,according to Demarcus Patrick's dad from Halls..who is Yancey's uncle!

Bigster I think what mac is saying is you will see one of those funky line up things we are used to from Whitby. You know where Whitby changes the line up and plays guys that do not normally start b/c we are playing a team he feels we should beat easily. Games like Greenfield, Gleason etc.

Edited by wardawg2038

Lake County will win by at least 20. Yancy is out, not that he would make a 20 point difference anyway.

wardawg2038- Lake County didn't beat Greenfield too easily a couple of weeks ago. B)

You're right..but Wardawg said teams that Whitby feels like he can beat easily..He sat all his starters down last year at Greenfiels..ha dto put his starters in just to come back and win...I believe we'll have several close scores that a lot of people from other schools will look at and say..Lake Co didn't win by much..But ..a lot of times it will be because he starts a lot of young players..and even when he does get a big lead with the starters.he usually empties his bench and doesn't run up the score..A lot of coaches would usually play the starters..try to build a big lead..that's what I would prefer myself..but Whitby usually has us playing good ball tournament time and he plays his real starters against U.C. ,Humboldt etc...Plus..it may help keep a few players on the team!

Geanes will play I am sure. that lineup was just a guess.

I don't have to much of a problem comming out with a wack lineup though against a less mature team. Why beat the snot out of Trenton, or Greenfield for that matter? People don't pay to see a lousy game...well I don't pay to see a lousy game....I've paid for a lot of lousy games... B)

Plus it gives some time for the less frequently played guys to get some time.

And most importantly I think, Whitby will put out a random 4 and then rotate his starters in and out one at a time so that everyone has a chance to play with everyone so that when he has to look deep on the bench someone can step in and maybe feel comfortable.

If whitby has to put in his starters once in a while to buffer the spread, so what?

I look forward to seeing Robertson play. He's a freshman that got to play the UC game. He WILL be a good player, he's still young and has got a bad case of the gitters when he firsts gets on the court. He'll grow out of it.

Edited by Themightymac