Everybody thinks Tennessee Refs are bad

Rhea Co.

By rule, the call was correct. Rule states that player cannot do anything to bring attention to himself. When the player stretches out both arms, he's bringing attention to himself. NF Case Book says it's not a penalty for briefly raising ball above the player's head, which he did.

You can argue whether it was an appropriate call, but by rule it was the correct call.

I do not agree with you at all! Yes you cannot bring attnetion to yourself or whatever i know but show me in the room book where it says a player cannot get excited after making a score in the state championship game to tie the game and put his hands over his head!?!? Please show me! What does he have to do put his arms sdtraight down and jog to the side lines without any excitement!?!? Please man that call was way out of line i dont care what you say it was wrong wrong wrong! Even going by the rule book!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree with you at all! Yes you cannot bring attnetion to yourself or whatever i know but show me in the room book where it says a player cannot get excited after making a score in the state championship game to tie the game and put his hands over his head!?!? Please show me! What does he have to do put his arms sdtraight down and jog to the side lines without any excitement!?!? Please man that call was way out of line i dont care what you say it was wrong wrong wrong! Even going by the rule book!

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not going to argue whether the flag should have been thrown or not.

I'm just saying, by rule, the player can be considered guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct. In case book, raising the football briefly after reaching the end zone -- as the player did -- is not a penalty. However, when player raises both arms like he did, then he can be considered bringing attention to himself. If you notice, this is when the back judge reaches for the flag.

Speaking of rule, here's what it says:

Rule 9-5-1c: No player shall act in an unsportsmanlike manner once the officials assume authority for the contest. Examples are, but not limited to: © Any delayed, excessive or prolonged act by which a player attempts to focus attention upon himself.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not going to argue whether the flag should have been thrown or not.

I'm just saying, by rule, the player can be considered guilty of unsportsmanlike conduct. In case book, raising the football briefly after reaching the end zone -- as the player did -- is not a penalty. However, when player raises both arms like he did, then he can be considered bringing attention to himself. If you notice, this is when the back judge reaches for the flag.

Rule 9-5-1c: No player shall act in an unsportsmanlike manner once the officials assume authority for the contest. Examples are, but not limited to: © Any delayed, excessive or prolonged act by which a player attempts to focus attention upon himself.

So your saying what he did was bringing attention to himself? Please tell me you are just kidding. I am sorry buddy but you must not have ever played football or you are just the most ignorant person to ever watch football next to that ref that threw the flag when it comes to football. Any of your actions after you score a touchdown can be bringing attention to yourself if putting your arms over your head is considered that, but hey you have your own opinion.

You must be a ref because common since tells you not to drop the flag.

First off this was a Championship Game. Refs should NOT decide games like that. The kid scored what could have been the game winning touchdown anybody who has watched or played football knows if you score the game winning touchdown of course you are going to be excited. It is natural human emotion. Oh course people are going to notice him he scored the touchdown and nobody in that stadium cared if he showed a little emotion except for one moron. What makes this bad to me is that the season was dedicated to their late team mate and friend what a more perfect way to honor a lost team mate and friend to win a championship. A absolute horrible call.

Edited by Rhea Co.

The official was reaching for his flag before the kid flipped him the ball. Just terrible judgement on the official's part. It was a great moment for the kids and the QB did not over react to the play. Sad, but this stuff happens every day. Judgement calls :o

or, so called 'see me' calls.

THat wasnt a bad call at all! THe Flordia player deserved what he got and the Tennessee player jjust didnt get caught! Stuff like that happens all the time in games but not everytime they are going to get caught! That call that we are talking about on here tho was pretty crazy!

How can you say the Tennessee player did not get caught? The referee was right in front of both of them.