Drew Maddux making strides at CPA

divepix

When the TSSAA multiplier hit, everyone knew it would be harder to compete at the new level in basketball than in football.

CPA's new BB coach, Drew Maddux (former Vandy star), is making progress at CPA. They are 8-3 so far this year with only 1 senior on the team and 4 sophomore starters.

They have not arrived yet and compete in a very tough region with Giles Co and other very good teams. However, Maddux has them on the right track with a fast paced pressure running game and some great shooters. I see some good things in the future for the CPA club.

Go, Lions!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew is as bad a coach as he was a player. He was known for his false hustle (diving for a ball long after it was stolen or out of bounds) , no defense and shoot the ball every time it touched his hands. When he was hired at CPA, the statement said he was a good recruiter. Funny, I thought CPA didnt give scholarships? Something fishy seems to be in the works. Just watch him fold in a big game like he always did.

Drew is as bad a coach as he was a player. He was known for his false hustle (diving for a ball long after it was stolen or out of bounds) , no defense and shoot the ball every time it touched his hands. When he was hired at CPA, the statement said he was a good recruiter. Funny, I thought CPA didnt give scholarships? Something fishy seems to be in the works. Just watch him fold in a big game like he always did.

He must be doing some things right if CPA is 8-3 right now.

Like I said he is a good recruiter. Dont know how much their 6-6 guy is making this year?

I believe Z Mason has been at the school since middle school, not for certain since I am not a CPA guy, just a basketball fan.

Anyway, you obviously have no intelligence. I can see someone not liking Drew, but to make the comments you made about him shows you are not only unintelligent you are not even honest. The SEC doesn't have too many bad players on their rosters and there are no bad players who start for SEC teams.

I would not be surprised if you fly a rebel flag in the back of your pickup truck.